Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558041 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2011, 02:55 PM »
I keep trying to figure stuff out, like why zombies are in herds now, why they're clustered around the high school, piecing together things from last season that were said and putting them to this season.  Love this show.

Did you watch "the talking dead" after the show?  The producer dude said the herds and certain other things will be explained in time.  My poop question even came up but he didn't want to go there.   ;D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2011, 09:51 AM »
Does anybody watch the webisodes?

I think they have six or seven of a series up and I watched over the past couple of days and thought they were pretty good.  Obviously they don't stick with the main characters, but provided an interesting back story for one of the walkers we saw in the first episode.  It was somewhat gut wrenching, especially if you are a parent.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2011, 10:07 AM »

Darryl's grown on me a lot.  He's no Merl.

Me too - he is definitely coming into his own now that he is away from his brother.  He is becoming one of my favortie characters.  It really wouldn't bother me much if the walkers did away with Shane - he bugs the piss out of me.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2011, 11:29 AM »
AMC just renewed them for Season 3, gotta love the quick pick-up. Both episodes this season have been ratings gold apparently.

I agree, up with Darryl, down with Shane.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2011, 01:38 PM »
See, from a Zombie survivalist POV, I'd want Darryl and Shane...  I could basically do away with anyone but the two cops and Darryl, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2011, 12:35 AM »
After tonight's episode, you might want to rethink keeping Shane around, Jesse.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2011, 07:26 AM »
I stayed up to watch last night.  Damn!!  I wonder how the Shane twist is going to work out.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2011, 09:16 AM »
A decent effort, seemed like an episode more focused on laying thr groundwork for future plot development.

The Asian kid and redhead making goo goo eyes, more backstory on Darryl, Dale/Andrea tension, etc.

I guess the black dude is going to heal up and come back from crazytown?

Not much a surprise at the end there. You had to figure when they cut away there was going to be a "reveal" later on. Poor Otis. He really should have used that last bullet on Shane.

Not sure what to make of the Travis Bickle moment. His character treads the line between good and evil anyway, so hard to say if he is really going off the deep end at this point. (BTW ladies - you can close your drooling mouths now, yes dude has nice abs)

I had to watch the scene with him and the wife twice at the end to figure out what she said. At first I assumed it was just "Thanks" but the second time it sounded like she said "Stay". Yeah, great idea honey.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2011, 11:01 AM »
I had to watch the scene with him and the wife twice at the end to figure out what she said. At first I assumed it was just "Thanks" but the second time it sounded like she said "Stay". Yeah, great idea honey.

I have some bad hearing and sometimes when I can't catch something with all the background noise (kids, wife), I use the CC feature. It works wonders.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 8, 2011, 12:10 PM »
So did Shane really need to shoot the fat dude?  They seemed to be making their way out of the school just fine - gimpy and everything, but still.

Well walker was nifty....and gory.  Looks like the dude with one hand will be on next week's episode (still haven't seen the first 2 episodes of season 1)  I know he's Darryl's brother, but ?

Also going to be difficult trying to hide from the dead with a screaming baby me thinks.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #175 on: November 8, 2011, 12:56 PM »
The walkers kept cutting them off from the truck.  Shane shot Otis so he would move even slower and the walkers would be distracted by the fresh meat.

I was a little surprised that Darryl didn't hang around the house a little more, looks like someone little was hiding out there.

I'm real curious to see how Mer;e's return is handled!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 8, 2011, 02:46 PM »
It seems to me as if Darryl is a bit more dedicated to the group than when he started.  I wonder if he's realized how bad a guy Merel (sp?) really was and how he'll handle it.  I wonder if he'll just take the opportunity to knock him off if the opportunity presents itself.

I wonder if Darryl is planning on going back to that house with a little backup possibly and then wait and see who shows up.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2011, 03:09 PM by Chris M »

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 8, 2011, 10:16 PM »
Wow, it's been 24 hours now and I can barely even remember what happened in that episode. Glen got laid, check. Well walker - cool. Lots of hand wringing from Rick.

So how did that dude even end up in the well? Did he just fall in? No one is concerned they have zombies strolling around the property?

Still don't get how the house is supposed to be safe with no motion detectors, fortifications, even a lookout of any kind. And no guns?

Yeah, it seemed clear that Sophia was hiding in that house, wonder why he didn't even mention this to the mom later. Seemed to give up a little quick on that.

Return of Merle should be epic next week. Cannot wait.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: November 8, 2011, 10:44 PM »
Or Merle's in that house...   :-X

Good episode setting up next week I thought.  Well guy was weird though, and I agree, I'd like to know why a random zombie was in there, and why'd nobody ever notice?

I find the lack of fortification at the farm a tad odd too.  I wonder how many people Herschel has sent out into the quagmire too, to have thsi rule already sort of firm and established.  He's lost Otis...  I'd think he'd maybe be a bit more open to some "good" people being around for simply protection since as the Vatos pointed out, the peopel you're going to meet won't be the good ones most likely.

Survivors are going to be Shane-types.  Do waht you have to, to live.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2011, 08:50 PM »
Quick question before tonight's episode - uh - how long has Rick been back?
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(