Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558067 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2012, 03:22 AM »
What a great ep, plenty of tension and I certainly didnt expect that to happen at the end
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 13, 2012, 09:01 AM »
Great episode last night.  I was waiting for Rick's pair to drop and I certainly think they did.  I was thinking he'd swing in Shane's direction, while at the same time, I think we also saw Shane come back towards Rick a little bit.

One person that drives me crazy is freakin' Dale.  That dude is like a middle school girl who wants to start drama.  It's like being at work when I'm watching him on TV.  I grant that he's a voice of reason, but seriously dude....
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 13, 2012, 10:11 AM »
Great show!  Nice to see some new twists that they'll be having to deal with if/when they leave the farm.  Ya Lori's car ride decision was a bit...dumb.  Skinny as a twig she is.  Actress used to look kinda hot on Prison Break. 

Talking dead was great as well after the show.  Dave Navarro kept egging on the director dude to put in more zombies in each episode.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2012, 12:35 PM »
I agree with Laurie's dumb**** move to go after Rick - it made no sense.  And did it even occur to anyone to check Herchel's daughter for scratches?  My first thought when they were at the barn and they pulled her mom off of her was "Check the bitch for scratches!"

I have always been team Rick.  As a woman - he is definitely the type of man I would want looking out for me and my children.  Laurie needs to be more decisive is supporting Rick and distancing herself from Shane.  I always felt like Rick had a set, unlike Shane who keeps them out and swings them around all of the time and tries to make everyone sniff them, Rick knows when to tuck them in his drawers and when to whip them out.  Rick was more of a man for putting Sophia down than Shane could ever hope to be.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2012, 01:33 PM »
Rick was more of a man for putting Sophia down than Shane could ever hope to be.

I think this is key.  For the sake of the group, and Rick as their "leader," it was probably best that he was the one to pull the trigger on Sophia.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2012, 03:32 PM »
Trying to remember if the bar thugs were killed by head shots. If not could they come back as walkers? I am sort of the belief that the walker stratch or bite might kill you, it is death that turns one into a walker, which I think was the way it was in the graphic novel.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2012, 08:16 PM »
The fatter one was shot three times I believe, twice in the chest and Rick did a finishing shot to the head. I only remember him shooting skinny dude once.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2012, 08:33 PM »
I think it's been established that only a bite from a zombie will make you turn into a zombie...as opposed to being scratched.

I do know the comicestablished that all recently dead with intact brains will become zombies.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2012, 11:24 PM »
Great episode...  Great series...  I swear, this show keeps your heart pounding.

Loved the tension in the bar with the Phillyphucknuts.

Don't think I want anyone that fat in my group though unless we're keeping him along as bait at some point.  It's like driving a Humvee around...  It costs too much to fuel it, so leave it behind and find something more economical.  And he's got sex on his mind?  Seriously this guy wasn't getting laid before the zombie apocalypse, now that it's here he thinks he's Don Juan?  Huh?

Thank you Tracy, for the testical swinging comment.  Kind of disturbing but gave me a laugh and I'll never see Shane in one of his tantrums quite the same again.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #264 on: February 14, 2012, 12:16 AM »
Don't think I want anyone that fat in my group though unless we're keeping him along as bait at some point.

That's the only reason to keep a fat guy in your survivor group....or a low caliber pistol (so you can shoot someone in the leg to ensure you are faster than they are).
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 14, 2012, 08:36 AM »
And he's got sex on his mind?  Seriously this guy wasn't getting laid before the zombie apocalypse, now that it's here he thinks he's Don Juan?  Huh?

Maybe he thinks his odds are a little better than before.  After all, there isn't a lot of competition left...  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 14, 2012, 10:10 AM »
My only bitch about Sunday's episode was Lori.  It was the Kim Bauer vs the Mountain Lion moment of the series.  Completely unnecessary.  She's one of my least favorite characters on the show on a normal day but when she makes a dumb**** move like that?  I can't even be concerned for her.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2012, 01:03 PM »
My only bitch about Sunday's episode was Lori.  It was the Kim Bauer vs the Mountain Lion moment of the series.  Completely unnecessary.  She's one of my least favorite characters on the show on a normal day but when she makes a dumb**** move like that?  I can't even be concerned for her.

E...

I agree with you there.  The only concern/interest I have in Lori is what position/risks will she put Rick (and therefore Carl and the rest of the group in).  The main reason Rick went in to town was because he knew he was going to need Herschel to delivery Lori's baby.  Speaking of that - why hasn't Rick gotten pissed at Shane about being with his wife?  Is he trying to keep the peace or just keeping it in his back pocket for now?
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2012, 01:31 PM »
I thought Rick said something about Lori and Shane and kind of burried it.  Like, he understood because they thought he was dead after being left in the hospital.  Didn't he even thank Shane for taking care of Lori and Carl?

I have a feeling that's something that's going to pop back up in the future, though.  Like, just when the gang doesn't need any more drama, Shane will turn into a jealous bitch and screw someone over.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2012, 03:55 PM »
I do remember him having the conversation w/Lori about it - and how he understood.  I don't recall Rick talking to Shane about him being cool with it - Shane is still too hot-headed and hot-to-trot for Lori - and the baby.  I certainly don't think Shane is cool with any of it. I do recall Rick thanking Shane for taking care of his family - but I thought that came well before the confession of the affair - but I certainly could be wrong.