Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557969 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2012, 03:59 PM »
And he's got sex on his mind?  Seriously this guy wasn't getting laid before the zombie apocalypse, now that it's here he thinks he's Don Juan?  Huh?

Maybe he thinks his odds are a little better than before.  After all, there isn't a lot of competition left...  ;)
I kinda got the impression he wasn't gonna rely on his winning personality......
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2012, 06:00 PM »
Yeah but the guy talked like it was just so easy before the whole zombie thing too...  I mean, seriously?  If he's boinking a donut I'd believe that, but he was talking like the biggest inconvenience he's had since the whole thing started was that he isn't getting any action.  The Sopranoes is fictional, and someone needed to let that guy in on that.

Totally agree with you Eric, on Lori being one of my less than favs in the group.

Is it wrong of me that I was more worried about the waste of gas and functional vehicle (and a pistol) than I was about her and her lovechild?

I mean, she even had a map...  Why didn't she just dump a walker in the good water well before she left too and make sure she pisses away yet another precious resource.  Shoot anyone who's a good shot in the eye too, make sure you keep the group on its toes and all.  ::) 

Darryl's right.  I wouldn't help these morons either.  Hell, I might collect some of their ears.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2012, 11:52 PM »
I'm surprised Darryl's still with them.  That cat would do so much better on his own.  I definitely think that he's a better person with them than he was with his brother, but he's still much more of a loner than any of the rest.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2012, 09:40 AM »
I saw the necklace of ears for next week's preview so perhaps he'll go off the deep end again?  I'd still like to know if/when we'll ever see his brother - and possibly the guy who got bit who they left at that tree with a gun?  I always thought we'd see him again at some point for some reason. 

Also had to re-watch the bar scene last night because I couldn't initially understand what the fat guy was saying.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2012, 12:21 PM »
I saw the necklace of ears for next week's preview so perhaps he'll go off the deep end again?  I'd still like to know if/when we'll ever see his brother - and possibly the guy who got bit who they left at that tree with a gun?  I always thought we'd see him again at some point for some reason. 

Also had to re-watch the bar scene last night because I couldn't initially understand what the fat guy was saying.

The guy who got bit that they left by tree was Jim.  He declined to take Rick's gun.  He said that the group needed it more that he did and it would be a waste of a weapon.  I know it was his choice - but it seems like the most humane thing would to have been to put him out of his misery before he changed over.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2012, 12:32 PM »
Opps..  Viva la Jim   :-[
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2012, 11:05 AM »

The guy who got bit that they left by tree was Jim.  He declined to take Rick's gun.  He said that the group needed it more that he did and it would be a waste of a weapon.  I know it was his choice - but it seems like the most humane thing would to have been to put him out of his misery before he changed over.

This part of the TV show is actually in line with the comics as I recall.  I struggled over that one a lot.  I'm sure changing over is miserable and plenty of people in the WD world have taken their lives in advance of changing over to prevent it.  It probably would have been ethically right to just put him out of his misery. 

But that said, I think they did the right thing.  I'm not sure offing him would be the most humane thing to do.  There would be some (albeit small) hope of a "cure" among some of the living.  If you killed the guy and a week later the army swooped in with a cure, that would be hard to live with.  You also have to assume the guy had some time left.  If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, would you want someone to come kill you right now or would you want every last second of life you could take?  Even in severe pain, I think most people who are dying want to hold on to whatever time they can, especially when their fate turns so quickly.  Lastly, I think I would have no problem putting a bullet in a walking corpse that was trying it's best to eat me.  Shooting someone in the head before they have changed would be pretty tough for whoever has to do it.  Even if you don't believe in a cure, a mercy killing is still taking someone's life and tough for whoever survives to come to terms with. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2012, 11:25 AM »
Another thing...How come a zombie's only goal in "afterlife" is to eat people?  You'd think at some point there would be a twist on what their hobbies would be in one of these movies/shows.  What's wrong with carrots?

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Another thing...How come a zombie's only goal in "afterlife" is to eat people?  You'd think at some point there would be a twist on what their hobbies would be in one of these movies/shows.  What's wrong with carrots?

There is a great scene in "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" where they come across some zombies eating cauliflower in a garden because it looks like brains.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2012, 12:15 PM »

This part of the TV show is actually in line with the comics as I recall.  I struggled over that one a lot.  I'm sure changing over is miserable and plenty of people in the WD world have taken their lives in advance of changing over to prevent it.  It probably would have been ethically right to just put him out of his misery. 

But that said, I think they did the right thing.  I'm not sure offing him would be the most humane thing to do.  There would be some (albeit small) hope of a "cure" among some of the living.  If you killed the guy and a week later the army swooped in with a cure, that would be hard to live with.  You also have to assume the guy had some time left.  If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, would you want someone to come kill you right now or would you want every last second of life you could take?  Even in severe pain, I think most people who are dying want to hold on to whatever time they can, especially when their fate turns so quickly.  Lastly, I think I would have no problem putting a bullet in a walking corpse that was trying it's best to eat me.  Shooting someone in the head before they have changed would be pretty tough for whoever has to do it.  Even if you don't believe in a cure, a mercy killing is still taking someone's life and tough for whoever survives to come to terms with.

I agree with what you are saying - in normal circumstances.  I would definitely want to hold out until the last minute for hope.  I assumed that in the instance of Jim - that if the fever/virus didn't kill him first - that a group of walkers probably did.   Either way - his demise was pretty grim.  But yeah - I get what you are saying about somebody having to shoot him.  They did have a discussion about it when Daryl tried to kill him.  They agreed that they don't kill the living.  I just think I would have asked someone to do it for me in that circumstance.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2012, 01:41 PM »
As a group they need to be concerned about ammo. Rick's bag could only hold so much. Which is why I would be wanting to at least scout Ft Benning, in hopes to get some automatic weapons. They have wasted so much this past week on so called firearm training. Maybe Rick's bag is magic like Jack Bauer's and it will never run dry of bullets.

About this weeks standoff coming Sunday. I assume they have 2 shotguns and 2 pistols. Hopefully the thugs have extra rounds. Herscel being a old southern country vet has probably at least shot game before, but he has been drinking. And who knows, fat guy might wake up hungry in the middle of a fire fight.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2012, 02:06 PM »
Season 2 special box set..   8)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2012, 03:03 PM »
Can we get just the head for Halloween? I could have a use for that.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2012, 04:38 PM »
I have a use for that every day of the week.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2012, 07:52 PM »
The boxset looks cool but I want a new wave of figures!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy