Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 561491 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #285 on: February 20, 2012, 02:23 PM »
Good to see Zombies make their return to this show. I liked the first half of the episode which seemed more adrenalin-packed.

I have to sympathize with Shane's remark about having to sit back and just watch things go to hell...that's pretty much where I am coming out at this point in the season. You can just see things are going to end badly for everyone.

There is just too much drama with that bunch now, they need to hurry up and split into two camps like we all know is coming and just get it over with. I guess something is going to have to happen to Lori's baby first though since Shane apparently isn't going to let that go.

I don't get Rick bringing the kid back either...I thought he had seen the light after The Barn. OF COURSE that is going to come back to bite you in the ass. They should have left that kid as walker bait, he almost got them all killed.

I'm already getting tired of the Glenn/Maggie thing too...it's like they invent a new reason every week to squabble about something.

I worry Dale has outlived his usefulness on the show...I really like him but he's become kind of a one-note character this season. Everyone else seems to be growing and he just seems kind of stuck.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 20, 2012, 03:17 PM »
I worry Dale has outlived his usefulness on the show...I really like him but he's become kind of a one-note character this season. Everyone else seems to be growing and he just seems kind of stuck.

This is merely speculation on my part - but I wonder if Dale is going to be forced into a situation where he is going to have to act?  I think that would be a very interesting character arc for him - to sit back an be the moral voice of reason (and lately the Town Crier) when it comes to Shane - and to finally act with force/violence.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #287 on: February 21, 2012, 01:45 AM »
Just watched it...  This show gets better every week. 

I'm curious how big the crew of people from Philly ultimately is.

I knew the group should've picked up that .50 and some more of that military hardware outside the CDC.  They had a little time.  Friggin' load up people!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 21, 2012, 01:42 PM »
I guess Sunday's episode answered that question about whether or not Rick has spoken to Shane about Lori.  Apparently not.

Also, the outcome of Lori's situation was, ultimately, boring as hell.  That whole situation was so obnoxious and uncalled for that it pisses me off at this point.  We really gained nothing from that and it was only a waste of time when they could have spent more on Rick and the Philly crew, where there was some real drama to be had.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 21, 2012, 01:52 PM »
Stupid Lori, why leave the car in the dark. Stay with it until morning. Anyway it seems she gave Rick the OK to kill Shane. 4 more episodes left and I don't see them leaving the farm this season.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 24, 2012, 01:09 PM »
All caught up, and I have to say, this show gets better every week. 

That said, I can't say I really like any of the female characters in the show.  Lori is sort of like the anti-Kate Austin, dumb decisions, lots of crying.  Ugh.  Maggie is most interesting of them, but even that whole thing is sort of exhausting.  Lots of good observations here, and I can't wait for the new episode!

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 24, 2012, 09:27 PM »
All caught up, and I have to say, this show gets better every week. 

That said, I can't say I really like any of the female characters in the show. 

I have to agree - though I am starting to like Carol more and more.  She is coming into her own and like the interactions between her and Darrell.  I just hope they don't turn it into a sappy storyline - I like the subtle way they play off of each other and are finding their self-worth together.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 25, 2012, 11:01 AM »
If you follow the comics, you know not to get too attached to any of the core characters.  Just fair warning...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #293 on: February 27, 2012, 12:14 AM »
Another good episode tonight.  I also watched the Mass Effect 3 commercial 3 times.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 27, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Yeah, solid, if forgettable. It felt pretty satisying until they showed the scenes from next week where Shane is right back to his old tricks. So really, they just wasted a whole hour and accomplished nothing.

Where were Herschel, Glenn, Jimmy, etc?

It was funny to hear Lori and Andrea get after each other, because they were both sort of right and wrong at the same time. I still do not understand why Andrea is even sticking around anymore. She doesn't like any of them, doesn't need them, and finally seems to understand she is not going to win Shane away from Lori. What's keeping her there? Everyone pretty much hates her now, and rightfully so.

The dopey kid storyline has already gone on too long, they should have killed him last episode and been done with it. I worry the longer they keep him alive the more likely it is we are going to see those other low-lifes back again and I really want them to drop that crap and get the hell off the farm again.

What was the significance of the lone walker in the field Shane kept staring at out the window? Obtuse symbolism like this gets lost on me.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 27, 2012, 09:38 AM »
What was the significance of the lone walker in the field Shane kept staring at out the window? Obtuse symbolism like this gets lost on me.

I was wondering the same, but they touched on that a tad during the after show.  Guess it was just meant to be a "majestic" scene and something for Shane to reflect on what just took place.  The guy is a makeup artist and also "played" the first walker that came out of the building that Rick shot first with the nice mouth.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 27, 2012, 07:21 PM »
I thought Shane and Rick finally going at it was pretty cool, as was Rick having a change of heart and rescuing Shane. The stuff with the zombie cops was awesome. And the last shot of the zombie alone in the colorful field? Eerily awesome.

Too bad all those boring females didn't go through with the suicide pact though. Seriously, why are they the worst characters on the show?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 28, 2012, 08:30 AM »
I want to know what is up with the "these cop zombies don't have bites stuff".
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 28, 2012, 08:47 AM »

Yeah, good point, I think that may be significant too. Scratches? Seems like a stretch.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #299 on: February 28, 2012, 09:33 PM »

I think it's setting up the idea that the illness moves around other ways, possibly that some are just immune to it and others weren't, and being bitten is only one way to get it.  I was thinking the coma girl was tied into this, and she got "scratched" or some zombie spittle in her eye or whatever, but I guess not.

Just watched this week's episode while I had a little down time and was working on some junk...  Yay.  Good times.  Zombie-rific.

By the way, here's some other things Rick needs to start emphasizing to the group, since he decided to lecture Shane on the knives to the head...

-Reinforce some of those cars.  Make them weapons.  Welding isn't terribly hard, but you can also do some riveted reinforcement to the front of those pieces of **** you're driving and make mobile weapons. 

-Make some combustable **** already!  Zombies hate fire.  Even Dale would know this and he's worthless.

-Reinforce the farm with some outer defenses...  Tire spikes on the road in, etc.  Something... Anything.  Board up the first floor some at least.  These people are lazy when they've got nothing but time.

-Make some friggin' shields already.  Shields were every bit a weapon in the middle-ages, but it doesn't really take a history professor in the group to bring this to their attention.  Tear down some stop signs, get a drill, some rivets, and some leather.  Instant light, but highly destructive close-quarters defensive/offensive weapon.

-Likewise...  knives are nice, but machetes and swords are better for hack/slash.

-Find some more bows...  It's Georgia.  Besides finding racecars, Hooch, and the zombie of Roscoe P. Coaltrain, I'd imagine finding some bow hunting **** would be easy.  Compound bows aren't simple to use without practice but at least you can practice with them without wasting ammo.  Crossbows are much simpler to use by everyone though and again, it's friggin' Georgia.  There's gotta be stores everywhere with bows and other gear in them.

-Going back to the shields...  make some armor.  Somethign as simple as taking a heat gun and curling a "forearm guard" out of a for sale sign would go a long way in helping you survive a close encounter.

I'd have already killed and eaten this group, even if I wasn't a zombie.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:42 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77