Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557834 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #345 on: March 9, 2012, 01:01 PM »
I won't say much in case this still happens at a different time in the show, but I just finished reading the first volume, sorry I don't know my comic terms well, Graphic Novel (the first bunch of comics together in one book) and holy crap that was different. I can't even imagine what would be happening in the show if they hadn't done it differently.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 10, 2012, 09:00 AM »
Major possible spoiler about tommorrow night, but it might be a simple guess.

Watch if spoilers don't matter to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnWm7PtYW44
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:07 AM by Sybeck1 »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Holy ****balls!!  Shane was like a rabid dog and it sucked that he put Rick in that position.  Goes to show you that the writers aren't afraid to kill off anyone.  Where in the world did all of those walkers come from.  Good thing they finally started reinforcing the farmhouse and planning for the future - it just might be too little too late. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 11, 2012, 10:51 PM »
EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the idea to spring Randall was just a set-up to kill him, did not think we could get to the other place so soon.

The whole episode was really well done, from the opening scene to the very last one. I am definitely watching the re-run in HD tonight.

Loved that Darryl was not buying the half-assed getaway story.
Loved Andrea deadpanning to Rick "Maybe you should stop leaving". (she's right!)
Loved Glenn getting his walker killing mojo back.
I even liked Carl manning up and getting a little redemption at the end there.

Lori continues to be a real piece of work though. Mixed signals much? I'm sure that little chat is what sent Shane over the edge, thinking he could have back everything he wanted again. Real cute lady.

Definitely something going on with the dead changing into insta-walkers. So maybe they're all already infected and the virus just presents after death as was speculated previously?

Really psyched for next week, but already feeling bummed we are looking at another long hiatus after that.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 11, 2012, 11:30 PM »
Someone should put a leash or shock collar on Carl. He's all over the place. Hope Lori watches her second child better than the first. Other than that I can't wait for the finale next week.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 11, 2012, 11:37 PM »
Great episode all around! I thought the ending was a bit predictable even if you had not read any spoilers on the web, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that approach. I think a mix of predictability(tonight) and surprises (last week's ep., which caught me off guard) is perfect.

Definitely something going on with the dead changing into insta-walkers. So maybe they're all already infected and the virus just presents after death as was speculated previously?

In season 1, Dr. Jenner mentioned that the transformation can take minutes or hours. (maybe days too? it has been awhile since I watched that ep.) That one guy tonight clearly took only a few minutes to turn, while that other character seemed to have been dead for a bit longer. I think the infection/virus thing will be addressed more next week, especially since more characters (Daryl and Glenn) got to see what was going on.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #351 on: March 12, 2012, 12:04 AM »
Seriously, who is keeping a damn eye on Carl?

They've done a prety good job this season setting up the fact that the farm is not the sanctuary they think it is.  The shot where they are talking and you can just see the zombies at the edge of the shadows is just amazing!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 12, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Eventhough I had read the spoilers about this episode, it was still riveting to watch how it played out. Like many others, I wondered how Shane could 'go zombie' so quickly so I am putting credit into the whole 'everyone is infected' supposition theory. And I don't recall if Glen or Darryl recongnized the walker as Randall? I was also glad to see Glen get his kill on after being so wishy washy lately; he even shied away from Maggie when she said he could put his stuff in her room. He was like 'with your daddy in the house?'; dude, he gave you his blessing by giving you the watch so it's ok to hook with her now. But with the zombie fest about to come crashing down on old McHershal's farm, they need to survive first.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 12, 2012, 08:51 AM »
Re:  Carl - someone else is probably going to get themselves killed because of his stupidity.  After re-watching last night's episode - it seems like Shane's plan was pretty scattered at first.  I think he led Rick out there to goad him into killing him.  That was his true end-game:  suicide.  But he needed Rick to do it and carry it with him for the rest of his life.  Shane blames Rick for everything that is wrong with his life and everything that goes wrong with the group.  It was the ultimate mind-f*ck revenge.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 12, 2012, 09:12 AM »
Re:  Carl - someone else is probably going to get themselves killed because of his stupidity.

Somone already has - Dale!

After re-watching last night's episode - it seems like Shane's plan was pretty scattered at first.  I think he led Rick out there to goad him into killing him.  That was his true end-game:  suicide.  But he needed Rick to do it and carry it with him for the rest of his life.

The guy in Talking Dead alluded to this too, but I don't think that's what was going on in that scene. I don't think Shane actually wanted or expected Rick to shoot him. I think he was trying to prove his point very vividly - that Rick was not able to protect his family or lead thr group because he was scared to make the hard choices. He's basically taunting Rick - 'hey, I'm a threat to you, your loved ones, and everyone else in our group, I brought you out here to kill you, and you're STILL not willing to fight to protect what's yours?'

It's as if Shane was almost trying to convince himself that Rick was not worthy. Even as far as he had gone to that point, he still needed to cement his resolve. And I think he would have done it too, if Rick had not gone all K-Bar on him. (That was beautiful)

I'm certain Glenn and Dale recognized Randall was the walker. It took me two viewings to be sure myself.

Yeah, that last scene in the field with the encroaching walkers looked amazing on HD widescreen.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 12, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Goes to show you that the writers aren't afraid to kill off anyone.

Damn right.  I was shocked last week, and again this week.  The best part is that as much of a douche as Shane has been, he was dead on 100% right when he was telling Rick that Carl needs his daddy more than the group needs Rick to lead for the moment.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 12, 2012, 11:05 AM »
The best part is that as much of a douche as Shane has been, he was dead on 100% right when he was telling Rick that Carl needs his daddy more than the group needs Rick to lead for the moment.
+1!  I could not agree with you (or Shane - as much as it chaps my ass to admit it) more!  That was the one true moment of clarity that Shane had in a long time - when it seems like he wasn't trying to manipulate Rick - just being real for once.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 12, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Looking ahead to next week, it will be really surprising if they will have a bullet left after what is coming. And sadly, I look for Herschel to buy the farm protecting his.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 12, 2012, 02:26 PM »

The whole episode was really well done, from the opening scene to the very last one. I am definitely watching the re-run in HD tonight.

So I'm not the only one who gets AMC in standard def only, until it loads to On Demand..then it's in  HD? 
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 12, 2012, 04:08 PM »
Not only do I not have AMC in hi def, I don't even have a hi def TV.

Something that I thought about while talking with a buddy, on the topic of Carl, is that he's not really doing anything that kids his age wouldn't do.  Except that most kids aren't living in the zombie apocalypse.  And didn't just watch their father put a bullet in the head of the only age appropriate dateable girl left...possibly in the world.

Throwing rocks at an "animal," stealing dad's gun, wandering around in the woods, randomly shooting stuff?  I'm guilty of most of that (except stealing dad's gun, I had my own).  Still, hasn't that kid seen enough ****** stuff to know that he can't be typical anymore?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"