Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557992 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #375 on: March 13, 2012, 05:15 PM »
Side note - Lori gives birth to a zombie.  Calling it now.   :)

Not unless they stray drastically from the comics.  And you're assuming she even makes it to delivery...  :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 13, 2012, 05:16 PM »
Just watched a youtube that was dead on for last week. Feel like I spoiled for me looking at it. But all I can say is it is going to be a hell of an episode.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 13, 2012, 06:00 PM »
Not unless they stray drastically from the comics.  And you're assuming she even makes it to delivery...  :-X

For really?  What are they going to kill off the entire cast?  I can see this show lasting far past season 3, but seems to me they're going to have to do some new hiring if they do!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 13, 2012, 06:16 PM »

For really?  What are they going to kill off the entire cast?  I can see this show lasting far past season 3, but seems to me they're going to have to do some new hiring if they do!

Well, the comics did a good job of adding to the cast as they take people away.  Rick and his gang obviously aren't the only survivors out there.   ;)  So far, the characters I like the best from the book have stuck around, but the show has definitely killed off different people, or at least in a different order.  At the heart of it, this is Rick's journey.  Anyone else is just fodder for him to play off of. 

If you really want to know who survives in the books, read on...

Rick, of course, though he gets a nasty injury later on
Carl makes it.  I don't care for his character in the book either, but he gets a crazy injury well into the story
Andrea rocks.  She's tough as nails and a sharpshooter, but much younger in the comic.
Glenn sticks around too.  right hand man to Rick and crazy good at getting supplies for the group.  Maggie holds out too. For now.
Lori has the baby, but they can't kill off all these people and let Rick's family go unscathed.  She and the baby get killed in a crossfire with another group.

They haven't even met Michonne or Abraham yet, which are two of the best characters in the comic right now...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 16, 2012, 09:06 AM »

Well, the comics did a good job of adding to the cast as they take people away.  Rick and his gang obviously aren't the only survivors out there.   ;)  So far, the characters I like the best from the book have stuck around, but the show has definitely killed off different people, or at least in a different order.  At the heart of it, this is Rick's journey.  Anyone else is just fodder for him to play off of. 

If you really want to know who survives in the books, read on...

Rick, of course, though he gets a nasty injury later on
Carl makes it.  I don't care for his character in the book either, but he gets a crazy injury well into the story
Andrea rocks.  She's tough as nails and a sharpshooter, but much younger in the comic.
Glenn sticks around too.  right hand man to Rick and crazy good at getting supplies for the group.  Maggie holds out too. For now.
Lori has the baby, but they can't kill off all these people and let Rick's family go unscathed.  She and the baby get killed in a crossfire with another group.

They haven't even met Michonne or Abraham yet, which are two of the best characters in the comic right now...

I don't see what happens to Rick being able to carry over to the show.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 16, 2012, 09:14 AM »
I don't see what happens to Rick being able to carry over to the show.

I'm very curious to see what they do on that point as well. It's a pretty integral part of the book, and we know they are headed into this storyline next season, so it will be interesting to see how they handle that whole question.

I'll be very happy if the rest of that stuff comes true though.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 18, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Holy ****.

Couple things:
- Lori getting all indignant after the talk with Rick? ******. That bitch has gotta go.
- The "savior" in the woods?  Badass.
- NOW he wants to hole up and fortify?  Closing the barn door after the horse is out and all that...
- Rick with a set of balls is completely overcompensating for his earlier actions.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 18, 2012, 11:04 PM »
Holy ****.

- Lori getting all indignant after the talk with Rick? ******. That bitch has gotta go.

I thought the exact same thing.  What right did she have to get judgmental on him?  She pretty much ensured that Rick would never trust Shane again with her little speech in the tent.  She totally fired him up and egged him on.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 18, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Sigh, so much awesomeness, and then there's effing Lori.  ::)

The first 20 minutes was solid gold...I'm not sure how many consecutive hours I could watch of zombie armageddon, but it would be an awful lot.

Definitely will have to watch the recap later because I still do not get really what their plan was at the Farm...seemed like a lot of aimless driving back and forth and wasting ammo on undead target practice. Sure made for exciting TV though. Poor Jimmy! Poor Patricia too. I'm kinda surprised the suicidal chick made it out alive, and Hersel for that matter. I thought for sure he was going down in a blaze of glory, but glad they decided to keep him around.

The barn burning scene was awesome, really well done...a highlight of the season for sure.

Bummer about Andrea, but if she hadn't gotten separated it wouldn't have led to ONE OF SINGLE MOST AWESOME SCENES IN TELEVISION OVER THE PAST FIVE YEARS:

MICHONNE FTW, baby!!!

The awesomeness meter on this show just got cranked up to about 15 on the Bad-Ass Scale!

And not only that, the closing shot of The Prison!?! - How incredible was THAT? Nerdgasm!

The only sour note in the whole episode, and I am getting tired of coming back to this, but damn, LORI. WHAT THE HELL?!?! YOU basically tell Rick to murder Shane, then screw with Shane's head causing him to try and murder Rick, and then when Rick actually does what you asked, because he is forced to due to your careless meddling, you have the unbelievable audacity to get all huffy WITH HIM?!?!?

She is just a rotten person, plain and simple. I wish she would just leave and take Carol with her already. Ugh, so over those two.

Some interesting stuff from Talking Dead:

The have cast the role of Michonne but I have no idea who the actress was (Denai something?) they showed so no idea if this was a good choice or what.

The host actually asked them what the hell about Lori and before Kirkman joked it away the other dude Mazzara started to explain that it was really herself she was mad at for setting all these events into motion more or less, but still, geez.

I guess they were originally planning to have Randall escape and kill Hershel but ultimately changed their minds and let him live.

Great show, great season, a little slow at times but definitely strong as hell at the end there. Looking forward to next year SO MUCH!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 18, 2012, 11:40 PM »
Sigh, so much awesomeness, and then there's effing Lori.  ::)

The only sour note in the whole episode, and I am getting tired of coming back to this, but damn, LORI. WHAT THE HELL?!?! YOU basically tell Rick to murder Shane, then screw with Shane's head causing him to try and murder Rick, and then when Rick actually does what you asked, because he is forced to due to your careless meddling, you have the unbelievable audacity to get all huffy WITH HIM?!?!?

She is just a rotten person, plain and simple. I wish she would just leave and take Carol with her already. Ugh, so over those two.

Nail. On. The. Head.  For a while there I was starting to like Carol and how she was coming into her own after getting away from her ******* husband.  I had hoped she and Darrell would hook up - they seemed good for each other and brought out the best in each other.  Now she just seems like a whiney harpy.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 18, 2012, 11:46 PM »
Yeah, what's up with Carol?  The group had been looking to Rick as their leader, wanted him to step up (but he hadn't quite yet) and take charge and now she basically called Daryl his flunky (or enforcer or whatever).  Well, isn't that kind of what they wanted? Him to take charge?  Leaders need an enforcer or two and Shane was going batshit crazy so Daryl was a good choice.

And without getting too spoilerish, is Lori such a complete waste in the comics as she's been on the show?

On the plus side, it was good to see Rick confirm what he learned at the CDC and what we've all basically guessed at.

I don't know the actress they got for Michonne.  Here name is Danai Gurira.  Her major credit till now has been Treme.  She's guested on a bunch of stuff, but not really a key role yet.  She's hot, though, and if she's playing a kickass character, I'm not going to argue.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 18, 2012, 11:52 PM »
Carol and Maggie are gonna cause as much trouble as Lori.  The way they write women on this show sometimes.

They were in a rush to get off the highway, too much...if they weren't thinking about gasoline.

Some tidbits on the talk show that airs after it:

-Hershell was originally planned to be killed by an escaped Randal, but they wisely changed their minds.

-Jimmy was to be the thing Dale found in the field, this was before Dale was gonna be killed off I think.

-It was 27 degrees when they filmed the barn night scenes. Zombie Breath had to be removed via CGI

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #387 on: March 18, 2012, 11:57 PM »
I like how they showed the helicopter from the pilot episode.  Hope to see more of that down the line.

I think if I were going to have two zombies on a leash, I'd remove their jaws as well as their arms.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 19, 2012, 12:20 AM »
I think if I were going to have two zombies on a leash, I'd remove their jaws as well as their arms.

I think the jaws are sewn shut, or maybe they are removed. I bet we will know for sure in Season 3.

As for the women in the show, I can understand what is going on even though (like most) I don't like it. I think Lori is regretting her decisions since her manipulation has permanently eliminated Shane (who she still seemed to care about) while transforming Rick into someone just like Shane. She clearly didn't think things through which really aggravates me.

With Carol, I think she is also disturbed by Rick's transformation. She also didn't have the highest opinion of Rick to begin with, since he abandoned her daughter and was (from her POV, anyway) responsible for her death. I think her attitude is justified when Daryl, the person who tried the hardest to find Sophia, is staying loyal to the man who abandoned and "killed" Sophia. While I can understand what is possibly going on with the ladies in the group I think their development could be handled much better. The shifts in emotions seem to be very drastic, which aggravates me.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 19, 2012, 09:38 AM »
The shifts in emotions seem to be very drastic, which aggravates me.

Well, they are women. (ducks and runs away)

You have some valid points and now, the next morning, I see where you're coming from and think I agree with you.  At least on Carol. 

I still think Lori is a complete pain in the ass.  I agree with McMetal; Lori as much as told Rick that Shane had to go then mindfucks Shane by mentioning that she's confused and not 100% sure who the father of the baby is, giving him some glimmer of hope and basically putting him on a collision course with Rick.  One had to die, she was going to be one of the main reasons for that, and now she's pissed because it happened.

On the topic of the walkers that Michonne had, in the article annoucing the casting for the actress it mentions that the walkers were "armless and jawless."  Makes sense.  If they can't grab you and cant gnaw on you, not quite as dangerous.  The look was too quick last night for me to register anything besides that they were chained up and armless, and I don't have hi def so even if I paused it I don't know if I could have seen the jaws (or lack of).

E...