Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556308 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #675 on: December 12, 2012, 06:07 AM »
The Walking Dead video game they were promoting during commercials looked kinda meh

EW.com: 'The Walking Dead' dominates Spike's Video Game Awards

The Walking Dead: The Game won five trophies at Spike TV’s 10th annual Video Game Awards, including the top prize of Game of the Year. The downloadable game, based on the hit comic-book series, also earned Telltale Games Studio of the Year.

Game of the Year
The Walking Dead: the Game

Studio of the Year
Telltale Games

Best Performance by a Human Female
Melissa Hutchison as Clementine, The Walking Dead: The Game

Best Adapted Video Game
The Walking Dead: The Game

Best Downloadable Game

Best "Kinda Meh"-Looking Game

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:56 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 12, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Is the show returning in early Feb or late Feb?  I am going thru withdrawl.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 12, 2012, 02:08 PM »
The week after the Super Bowl
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 14, 2012, 03:03 PM »
I also agree with the question why they have to kill off each new black guy like that

My theory on why they keep killing people is because in the books, Rick's group at this point isn't too big or strong - they are almost always outnumbered, so on the TV series they don't let the group seem dominant either.

The producers may also want to have a representation of other races on the show and are trying to represent the population of the state of Georgia to a degree (about 30% of that state is black), as that's where the location is set right now, while at the same time introducing new characters that are not in the books.

In today's politically sensitive society, maybe they're damned if they don't, damned if they do when it comes to race. When a white person is killed off, it's not talked about in terms of race (just like it really shouldn't be).  There's really not too many black people in the comics anyway, and T-Dog never was even part of it.  I liked his character though and didn't want to see him or Oscar die, but it's a show about death.  A lot of people are going to die.  Very few are safe regardless of their race.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 14, 2012, 04:14 PM »
A lot of people are going to die.  Very few are safe regardless of their race.

True dat!!!  I think the only person safe on the show is Rick.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 15, 2012, 12:32 AM »
Here's a video & song I came up with for the best show ever.  Enjoy!

Hazmat Morgan - The Walking Dead
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 16, 2012, 11:40 AM »
Is the show returning in early Feb or late Feb?  I am going thru withdrawl.

It'll be back Feb 10, and they announced the Talking Dead show will now immediately follow it and is going to be an hour long.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 16, 2012, 03:28 PM »
So many little things are coming to mind and I walked the finale again.

Axel - Has anyone bothered to ask what he was in the pen for? I mean come on, he could quite possibly be a pedophile.

The Governor lost six guns that night including Merle. How big is their little army? This is really moving too for me, as I hate them moving past the prison so quick? He is off his rocker now. Darryl needs to escape and get his signature crossbow back.

Just how much ammo do they have? This is getting crazy the amount of lead flying. And why wasn't the woods full of walkers after that firefight?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 16, 2012, 03:51 PM »
So many little things are coming to mind and I walked the finale again.

Axel - Has anyone bothered to ask what he was in the pen for? I mean come on, he could quite possibly be a pedophile.

The Governor lost six guns that night including Merle. How big is their little army? This is really moving too for me, as I hate them moving past the prison so quick? He is off his rocker now. Darryl needs to escape and get his signature crossbow back.

Just how much ammo do they have? This is getting crazy the amount of lead flying. And why wasn't the woods full of walkers after that firefight?

Have you read the books at all?  Just curious.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #684 on: December 17, 2012, 02:46 AM »
On Axel and being in the prison, I thought he said being in for drugs?  And the Oscar didn't seem to dispute that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 17, 2012, 09:15 AM »
Guys in prison typically do not know what other guys are in there for, so Oscar probably had no clue one way or the other. Axel did say he was incarcerated for drugs, but take the word of a con for what it is.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 17, 2012, 09:42 AM »
There was definitely some creepiness to Axel when he was talking to Beth but then after Carol pulled him aside he made the comment about thinking she was gay.  When she said she wasn’t, he seemed a little more interested in her before she shut him down.  So I think there was a moment there where it could have gone one way then didn’t.  I think it wasn’t so much he’s a pedophile as, like he said, he hadn’t seen a woman in a long time and started with the one he thought the most available.

But here’s a fun tidbit; the chick that plays Beth?  She’s about 27.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #687 on: December 17, 2012, 02:52 PM »
That's like that Sabrina the Teenage Witch chick...  forget her name, but just saw her in a dismal Lifetime movie the other day.

Anyway, way older than a teenager IIRC, during the filming of her TV show.  Weirded me out she was that old.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 18, 2012, 11:34 AM »
This should tide everyone over until next year.

The Walking Dead Christmas Special

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 22, 2012, 12:09 PM »
AMC renewed the series for season 4, no surprise, but....Executive producer Glen Mazzara to leave zombie drama after Season 3

Amicable or not, it's not great news to lose executive producers two seasons in a row.  What is Kirkman or AMC's vision for the show?