Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556359 times)

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #690 on: January 20, 2013, 07:36 PM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 20, 2013, 09:50 PM »
Amicable or not, it's not great news to lose executive producers two seasons in a row.  What is Kirkman or AMC's vision for the show?

Kirkman has always said that his intent is to provide a very LONG story about what happens after the infestation.  I imagine he plans to follow a fairly similar storyline to what appeared in the comics, though exploring/altering/building additional subplots and characters.  With the material that's out there now, they have enough for at least 3-4 more full seasons, and they'll have another 40 issues of the comic to feed from when they're done with that.  I'm not sure why the EPs keep leaving, but it isn't for lack of a long term plan.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 9, 2013, 11:44 PM »
I've been catching bits and pieces of the Walking Dead marathon on AMC today. Getting pretty excited for the mid-season premiere.

Unrelated, I was at Barnes and Noble tonight and saw some of the walking dead Graphic Novels. I had no idea they were black and white only illustrations. I just assumed they were in color.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 10, 2013, 10:37 AM »
yep all the original comics are b/w but they have released certain ones in color. I think they are also airing a special b/w tv premier thurs nite of the very first tv episode in b/w as well. getting ready for the first half season 3 marathon today before the start of the second part of the season tonite.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 10, 2013, 10:42 AM »
I'm taking Daryl over Merle tonight...straight up, forget the spread.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 10, 2013, 10:06 PM »
What the heck was that?  ???
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 10, 2013, 10:46 PM »
At the end? Yeah, weird-o-rama. I was really pulling for the Rick/Tyreese bromance to blossom tonight, guess it was not to be.

The first 6 minutes were complete awesomeness. Epic chaos. And then later I was glad to see them all realize that bringing Merle back into the group was just not possible. That's the kind of weak crap lesser shows would throw together just for the contrived drama. Welcome to your new spin-off show "Walking Dixons"...

Not sure I am getting what's up between Glenn and Maggie. Just general PTSD tension? Seems like he was more pissed at Rick, which again seems kind of misplaced.

Those 2 white dudes with Tyreese and his lady look like some prime walkerbait.

Crazy-ass Rick though, what can you say...let's hope this does not last long because I was just getting used to born-again badass Rick.

Best hour I spend in front of the TV all week!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 10, 2013, 11:37 PM »
Thank goodness loud mouthed exposition Merle filled Rick in on goings on. 

Ghost of Christmas Past came to see Rick. All it takes is a baby crying to trigger his muh-muh-muh-mad-madness...

I think we will see Two spin-offs:

Already mentioned, The Walking Dixons...sounds cool, until we learn that half the episodes are flashbacks to their childhood with Donna Dixon as their mother.

The Michonne Ranger...she's out there on her own...alone. Most episodes have no dialouge. They later add a native american sidekick,  Grunto, who is a  zombie, of course.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 11, 2013, 02:50 AM »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 11, 2013, 08:30 AM »
Anyone catch The Talking Dead last night?  I want to personally thank fanboy Kevin Smith for christening Carl "Wyatt Twerp"

Best part of Walking Dead last night?  Daryl grabbing his bow on the way out of Woodberry.   
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #700 on: February 11, 2013, 09:14 AM »
Link for Jesse James: Hines Ward Zombie

I'd seen images of Ward Zombie online, but wasn't sure if you'd be able to point him out in the show.  Didn't know he'd get his own solo moment like that.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 11, 2013, 10:00 AM »

I'd seen images of Ward Zombie online, but wasn't sure if you'd be able to point him out in the show.  Didn't know he'd get his own solo moment like that.

Was he the one that stuck his head through the "fence" at Woodbury?  I thought it might have been him given the "solo" moment.

I enjoyed the show last night quite a bit.  The first segment was riveting.  I did think it was awfully convenient that Darryl was able to get his bow back so easily! I hope crazy-Rick comes around and starts this reported bromance with Tyresse.  Tyresse looks like he'd be a good character for the show/group. 

Having said all that (and I haven't read the graphic novels at all), I hope that the writers are able to turn some of the story back into struggling to survive against the Zombies... I'm less interested in a fued between Rick's group and the Govenah.  Maybe, I'm in the minority about this.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #702 on: February 11, 2013, 11:10 AM »
Different zombie.  Hines is on the left here, and the peeking zombie is on the right.

In Hines' scene he was standing by himself, they showed him for about 4 seconds.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #703 on: February 11, 2013, 01:31 PM »
A) The Hines Ward came was just great!
B) I would have rather seen daryll have to knock the guy out and as the guy falls, have the loded crossbow pop up in the air, he catches it, spins and nails a walker.  vs. just grabbing it off of him.  It still works as sort of a "gimme that" moment and all, but I thought it could have been a little better.

Good epsiode, sets a lot of things up for the season.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #704 on: February 11, 2013, 10:44 PM »
Link for Jesse James: Hines Ward Zombie

Thanks man...  Yeah I saw his pic back, a month ago anyway on Twitter, so I've been anxious to see if he had a good solid scene, and he does.

I like to think he actually has been zombified and that was him. :)  Celebs are zombies too.

He played, I believe college ball, with T-Dawg so that's the correlation there I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77