Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558033 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #840 on: March 22, 2013, 03:37 PM »
I find it's never a good idea to try to make scientific sense out of Zombies...

7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)  (hilarious, BTW)

I mean, brain tissue decays faster than just about anything else.  In reality, they'd have hollow skulls full of soup within a weak.

The virus preserves the brain tissue!!!   :P

Agree with Bill Cable's original statement.  That said the brains and the eyes both would be gone - they contain and awful lot of water so they would have both boiled.  They could have had an awful lot of gruesome fun having heads explode and eyes pop due to the heat, but missed opportunities happen...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 23, 2013, 03:22 PM »

I'm probably in the minority on this as well, but I was also not a fan of the burnt zombies.  I've never burned a person or animal, but wouldn't their flesh continue to burn to the bone and kill them?  Seems odd that it just burnt out and they were still moving.  Not nearly enough to ruin the moment for me though.

I once had a possum carcass to dispose of from the side of the road near my house.  Dog kept getting into it, and I decided it would be easier to burn it in a fire I already had going than to dig a hole.  HUGE mistake.  Took hours.  And hours.  Flesh doesn't burn so fast as you might imagine...just crisps up on the outside.  Had to keep breaking away the crust.

That said, I agree with Brent...the brain and eyes would have cooked away to nothing in no time.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 23, 2013, 11:05 PM »
Bones and ashes would not have had the same shock value.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 24, 2013, 01:50 PM »
Eyeless moaning corpses would've been creepy.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 24, 2013, 05:03 PM »
I'm hoping we spend tonight's episode just in the prison, and are not forced to endure a one hour gore-soaked torture session like something out of Saw or Hostel. I'm really not up for that, as much as I find Andrea's character tiresome.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 24, 2013, 11:18 PM »
Can't believe they did that to Andrea. The governor bites her fingers off, kills her and leaves her to become a walker for Rick's group to discover.

Oh, wrong characters. I get those confused.

My only nitpick is that this show takes place in a universe where people have strong teeth and jaws. This explains Merle's comment about chewing through rope, the Governor's hungry hungry hippos maneuvor and that biter than got T-Dog.

Seriously, could someone bite off a finger, let along two?  ??? GOOGLE! Help me!

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 24, 2013, 11:24 PM »
Lol anyway did you see next week's preview? Tyresse and his sis are not in that posse

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 24, 2013, 11:29 PM »
Yeah, suspicious. I think they've rigged the prison into a trap, actually.  I was thinking before the preview aired...the Governer is expecting them to be in the prison. So that's the last place they should be.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 25, 2013, 08:32 AM »
Perfection!

Zero complaints about last night, completely excellent from start to finish. All I can say is I'm more disappointed to have lost Merle than any other character so far. He was by far one of the most interesting characters remaining IMO. That last scene with Daryl was freaking epic. The whole episode really highlighted all the strengths of this show, the acting, the writing, and most especially the interaction between the characters. (Glenn/Maggie, Glenn/Hershel, Merle/Rick, Merle/Daryl, Merle/Michonne, etc)

Think Rick has a little bridge-building to do with Michonne now, kinda going to be a little awkward at first, but from her conversation with Merle she seemed to understand he would not have gone through with it either. So hopefully they will be good going forward.

So who was that kid Ben that took the bullet for Phillip? Was he the son of the whiny doosh that was beefing with Tyreese? Or was he the sickly kid with Asthma that Andrea was trying to exempt from the Woodbury militia? I don't have a good recall for the more minor characters...

Loved Merle rocking out to Motorhead, that was a nice touch.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 25, 2013, 10:27 AM »
last night was outstanding.  I didn't know Michonne could put so many words together.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 25, 2013, 10:54 AM »
Brilliant episode.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 25, 2013, 11:43 AM »
I loved last night's episode too - especially the scene when Merle was trying to hotwire the car - and of course the walkers were attracted to the alarm.  Loved how that all played out.  Excellent scene.

Sad to see Merle die, but it was a great way to make the audience really appreciate the character and finally show deep down he wasn't quite the assface he had been portrayed as always.  Showed he was always a rough dude and a dick, but the situation since the "end of the world" brought out an even worse version of him... but when given a chance to redeem himself some and help others, he made a selfless decision.

Good for Merle, sad for Darryl... and next week's episode looks killer.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #852 on: March 25, 2013, 12:16 PM »
My only nitpick is that this show takes place in a universe where people have strong teeth and jaws. This explains Merle's comment about chewing through rope, the Governor's hungry hungry hippos maneuvor and that biter than got T-Dog.

Super-strong jaws and super-weak skulls.  Normally you can't stab through the front of somebody's skull with a knife.  And if you stomp on a skull it doesn't split open like a watermelon.   And a shovel won't cut through one like butter.  Makes me wonder if the virus somehow reduces the bone density of the skull (while simultaneously increasing the bone density of fingers...).

It was an awesome episode.  Glenn is such a romantic.  "Every kiss begins with Kay a pair of garden shears."
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 25, 2013, 12:23 PM »
loved it loved it loved it
especially head decap by wire and head stomp  >:D

my only complaint is that in the beginning of the episode the Merle compilation in the beginning gave it away that he was going to die, call it a tremor in the Force but i knew last nights episode would be his last once i saw that and kinda killed it for me.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 25, 2013, 12:36 PM »
It was an awesome episode.  Glenn is such a romantic.  "Every kiss begins with Kay a pair of garden shears."

LOL, I think that puts at least one or both Glenn and Maggie high on the next to die list. Can't have happily wedded bliss in the end times.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:36 PM by Sybeck1 »