Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558011 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #870 on: March 30, 2013, 05:45 PM »
No inside info here just my own speculation but I can see beth and hershal dying to protect the baby in the cell block; Rick and Carl survive of course; maybe maggie and/or glen either get killed outright or turned forcing the other one to put them down. I see the Gov surviving but with injuries but not before he shots Milton like he did Merle so he'll turn. This causes Andrea to put zombie-Milton down but wonders if he really did have any 'memory recall' as he tried to determine. Martinez and Shump are sure to get killed and probably Allen too but not before he shoots Sasha causing her to turn.This time, big brother Tyreese will shot her, proving he could hit his target when it mattered. Tyreese then shoots Allen so he'll turn. Plus about a dozen Woodbury locals and as many zombies as Michonne can decapitate with her sword.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 30, 2013, 07:59 PM »
All the good guys will be captured. I think Michonne will be surrounded by the governor's men and rather than surrender, decapitate herself with her sword in a manner that can only be called "glorious gorey".

Judith will speak her first words "Let my people go!" and Woodburians will be awestruck. The governor will declare it as some sort of trick, but the people's faith will let them see the truth and they'll stone the governor to death.

Milton gives up science to start the Church of the Judith Grimes of Latter Day Saints.

Or none of that, really.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:13 PM by Scockery »

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 31, 2013, 10:10 AM »
All the good guys will be captured. I think Michonne will be surrounded by the governor's men and rather than surrender, decapitate herself with her sword in a manner that can only be called "glorious gorey".

Judith will speak her first words "Let my people go!" and Woodburians will be awestruck. The governor will declare it as some sort of trick, but the people's faith will let them see the truth and they'll stone the governor to death.

Milton gives up science to start the Church of the Judith Grimes of Latter Day Saints.

Or none of that, really.

LOL that's pretty damn funny!
Guess we'll find out in 12 hours from now.
Happy zombie rabbit day!
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #873 on: March 31, 2013, 10:05 PM »
Wow! That was not that good.  ::) Feel good episode for  season finale? Last week was much better.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:14 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 31, 2013, 10:35 PM »
I thought it was awesome. I was cringing the whole time though.

Besides, you knew they weren't going to wrap everything up. The producers said last year that the prison was going to be used in at least half of Season 4.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 31, 2013, 11:17 PM »
it's like comparing the finale of season 1 to season 2 - two very different stories being told and I felt the same with this one; though I thought someone besides Andrea from the 'good guys' would die or at least get injured. Loved how Gov beat milton and stabbed him then said: "You're not leaving this room till you kill her - one way or the other. You either Kill or die OR Die and then Kill". But I totally didn't see Andrea dying until they showed up at the end and saw her feet. Michonne staying with her showed how much she really did care for Andrea. The Gov turning on his own people was just right for his psychopathic turn.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 31, 2013, 11:28 PM »
SPOILERS (obviously)

It was okay. They played it a tad safe. The governor's villain luck holds out, folks panic instead of shooting back, I can accept that since they were shocked by his actions and not fighters. But it's a good thing his closest men are loyal even when there's no reason to be. Seriously, neither guy had any feelings for any of those people? They think a snapped Philip isn't gonna take his anger out on one of them at some point?

I's necessary to have there, but survivor woman can't drive either vehicle? It's not gubna' took the keys or shot out the tires. I suppose she had to deal with a lot of walkers around and got in the wrong vehicle. I answered my own question.  (Why didn't she pick up a gun?)

Andrea...taking on walkers with a knife...can't handle one sans knife?  She was too intent on getting her other hand free, that's where I think she blundered.

Why stay in the prison? Why no Woodbury...they were asking that on Talking Dead...no one had a good answer. I'd imagine there's tons more supplies in Woodbury, and far more comforts.

There was a crank caller on Talking Dead quoting some religious stuff. Someone at IMDB suggest that this was a planned "phone bomb", a clue to next season's antagonist. There was a deleted scene from season 2 where Dale hears a religious weirdo broadcasting on the radio.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2013, 12:21 AM by Scockery »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 1, 2013, 07:20 AM »
DOUBLE SPOILERS!!!!

SPOILERS (obviously)

It was okay. They played it a tad safe. The governor's villain luck holds out, folks panic instead of shooting back, I can accept that since they were shocked by his actions and not fighters. But it's a good thing his closest men are loyal even when there's no reason to be. Seriously, neither guy had any feelings for any of those people? They think a snapped Philip isn't gonna take his anger out on one of them at some point?

Andrea...taking on walkers with a knife...can't handle one sans knife?  She was too intent on getting her other hand free, that's where I think she blundered.

Why stay in the prison? Why no Woodbury...they were asking that on Talking Dead...no one had a good answer. I'd imagine there's tons more supplies in Woodbury, and far more comforts.

The Governor's two surviving henchmen going with him was such a hilarious moment to watch, but as you said it didn't make sense. They obviously DIDN'T want to get in the car, but did anyway, even though the Gov was out of bullets. As for Andrea, I'm guessing her inability to kill Zombie Milton was due with her physical state... we don't know how long she was tied up in the torture chamber but it must have been a couple of days.  Lastly, Woodbury vs. the prison... I guess the prison might be more secure? Or at least they might need fewer people to defend it/guard the fences?

Overall I thought the finale was good. I liked Andrea's character, mostly due to how imperfect she was, so I was sad to see her go. It was a terrible way to go out, fighting a zombified version of a friend and then shooting herself in front of her friends. Interesting that she ultimately committed suicide. The prison fight was anticlimactic, but the Governor mowing down his own troops was quite unexpected. Having the Gov just drive off didn't seem to fit the overall tone of the finale, but I'm glad he is still alive. I'm guessing he will run into Randall's group from Season 2 and end up with a dangerous fighting force.

Lastly, there were too many suspenseful moments in the episode where I expected stuff to go down, but it didn't. In particular when the prison group was just standing around in the courtyard after ousting the Woodbury Army, I fully expected a straggler to shoot one of the good guys. When Glenn first took off his helmet I was on the edge of my seat, I was ready. Then with Milton's turn, they did a great job drawing that out. I was also expecting Tyrese to burst through the door to save Andrea, but obviously we know how that went...

Bring on Season 4.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #878 on: April 1, 2013, 10:15 AM »
I was surprised that the Governor's henchmen stuck with him despite him deciding to gun down half his settlement.  I supposed it must have seemed the best of a set of very bad options.  The devil you know and all that.  I just want to know where they went.  Not to Woodbury.  Not to the prison.  Are they now just on the road?  What sense does that make?

The Governor's invasion tactics are just about as awful as you could come up with.  Come in guns blazing.  Damage peripheral structures.  Then take everybody into the prison?  Walk around blindly?  When they found the place abandoned, they didn't suspect a trap?  Then once engaged, they retreat?  Dude's just one piss-poor field general.  Which makes it even more surprising that the couple actual military guys continue to follow him.

I agree on the tension.  I too expected Glenn to get popped when he pulled off his helmet.  DON'T THESE PEOPLE WATCH THE SHOW??!!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 1, 2013, 11:29 AM »
Ugh, what a letdown. How do you let literally the THREE WORST PEOPLE in Woodbury get away scot free? You couldn't at least have killed that big black dude? Where is the justice?

Seriously, that was a really non-satisfying season finale. The have completely gone off the rails as far as the comic goes. Rogue governor on the run? Still in the prison? What? Why?

Just kill that SOB already. I can't sit through another season of his repugnancy. I'm glad you guys like the actor and all but everyone liked Andrea and Dale too and it didn't stop you from killing them.

Agree that was like the worst strategic plan EVER going into the prison. I was shocked Rick and co were even still there. And did they hit ANYBODY?

I'm glad Allen got capped and I'm glad that woman lived, but yeah, why go back to the prison? And what about the rest of the Woodbury peeps? All they took was the elderly and infirm?

I probably would have felt a lot worse losing Andrea in Season 1 or early Season 2. But all her terrible decisions make it hard to care as much at this point. I almost felt worse about poor Milton. Maybe she should have felt a little more sense of urgency than to stop and have a chit chat with him every five minutes. Not sure how a pair of pliers gets you out of handcuffs either, but I'm not even going there.   

Carl, right or not, is back to being a snotty little punk. Rick should have slapped him right in his sassy face for all that backtalk. But yeah, he kind of had a point. I think it would have been a much more convincing argument if he had explained that when they told that stupid kid to drop his gun he said "Take it." Dumbass. What part of "Drop your gun" do you not understand? Drop it already! Don't offer to hand it to them! That just makes it look like you're trying to be shady. I'd have shot him too, just for being too moronic to follow simple directions.

You gotta kill those last 3 guys early next season. It will be hard to truly enjoy the show again until they tie up that loose thread.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 1, 2013, 11:43 AM »
RE Woodbury vs the Prison, I'm sure the Governor knows the layout to Woodbury 100%, and thus could silently invade at any time. I mean, Rick got in there blindly and wrecked shop.

Those Woodbury castoffs are nothing but bullet/zombie bait for next season.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 1, 2013, 11:58 AM »
So I'm thinking about the season as a whole, and I feel that everything was a bit jumbled up in terms of tone and such. Last night's finale would have been great as a mid-season finale, while episodes like Killer Within, Made to Suffer, and to an extent This Sorrowful Life might have made for great season finales.

SPOILERS below for people who haven't read the comic....

I also think the pacing was too fast overall, especially in the first half of the season. It was like they tried overcompensating because of the Season 2 complaints. I have been re-reading the comics, which devoted a good amount of time to the prisoners and didn't introduce Woodbury right when the group found the prison. The prisoners causing trouble, along with the group setting up life at the prison, would have made for a great first half of the season. Introducing Woodbury could have been saved for the back half, with the build-up and eventual war taking place in Season 4. I think the build-up on the show over the last 8 or 9 episodes, along with knowing about the huge battles that took place in the comic, led to feeling that the prison attack in the finale was ultimately anti-climactic.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 1, 2013, 12:19 PM »
I'm glad Allen got capped and I'm glad that woman lived, but yeah, why go back to the prison? And what about the rest of the Woodbury peeps? All they took was the elderly and infirm?

Them and the kids and that woman survivor from the massacre were it....plus Tyrese and his sister.  The rest of the able bodied adults are all dead 20 something by the guv, 8 by Merle (9 if you include Carta...carta...what's his name earlier in the season), the other two via Michonne, more when they rescued Glen and Maggie, one in the guard tower during the governor's first strike, one by a loose walker. Quite a bit.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 1, 2013, 12:53 PM »
So I'm thinking about the season as a whole, and I feel that everything was a bit jumbled up in terms of tone and such. Last night's finale would have been great as a mid-season finale, while episodes like Killer Within, Made to Suffer, and to an extent This Sorrowful Life might have made for great season finales.

SPOILERS below for people who haven't read the comic....

I also think the pacing was too fast overall, especially in the first half of the season. It was like they tried overcompensating because of the Season 2 complaints. I have been re-reading the comics, which devoted a good amount of time to the prisoners and didn't introduce Woodbury right when the group found the prison. The prisoners causing trouble, along with the group setting up life at the prison, would have made for a great first half of the season. Introducing Woodbury could have been saved for the back half, with the build-up and eventual war taking place in Season 4. I think the build-up on the show over the last 8 or 9 episodes, along with knowing about the huge battles that took place in the comic, led to feeling that the prison attack in the finale was ultimately anti-climactic.

Good post, I can't disagree.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #884 on: April 1, 2013, 09:45 PM »
I think it would have been a much more convincing argument if he had explained that when they told that stupid kid to drop his gun he said "Take it." Dumbass. What part of "Drop your gun" do you not understand? Drop it already! Don't offer to hand it to them! That just makes it look like you're trying to be shady. I'd have shot him too, just for being too moronic to follow simple directions.

This was exactly the point I was trying to make to a friend on the Carl situation...  I thought he actually was gonna try to overtake Carl by handing him the gun and that was just my gut reaction to the situation...  He was being shady, and I think there was ambiguity there because they wanted you as the viewer to see it from both sides...

You're having a gun pointed at you, you're told to drop your weapon, but you instead try handing it to him like you're trying to feed a Tiger a piece of chicken...  You're a dip**** and deserved to die for no other reason than you don't follow simple direction.

That said...  Herschel's missing a leg, not a hand, and was armed...  How did he not take charge there?  Dude's a badass shot, clearly, and was there too...  He lets Carl run that ****?  Again, I didn't care for that.

Wonder if the prison crew took what Governor & Co. left out there?  That military truck, all the weapons...  Governor didn't pick all that up, they just left.  Lotta hardware to be had.  Plus that .50 on the disabled Humvee which I'm not so sure driving them over spikes disables them that easily...  Some of our military vets on here might be able to elaborate but I thought their tires didn't deflate so easily.  Maybe I'm wrong though.

I thought the Governor's plan was pretty typical of him...  We'll just roll in and f everyone up with sheer force.  The grenade launchers, .50 cal, etc.  I thought it was pretty much what I'd figured he was gonna do anyway, but yeah they got f'd ultimately because they were largely inexperienced...  I was happy with all that stuff actually, and how it played out.  The Catacombs under the prison are spooky for Rick's group so they're downright terrifying to the Woodbury folks I'm sure.

A little anticlimactic maybe, but I enjoyed it for the most part.  Great season, looking forward to Fall already.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77