Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557993 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1080 on: November 19, 2013, 01:19 PM »
Noticed the Maggie resemblance as well...

I too questioned how she never once thought to even attempt a headshot...  That was kinda weird.  Hard to imagine anyone survives that long without killing one at some point, or being eaten if they can't figure it out.

The Spaghetti O dump was because he didn't want to accept anything from anyone and feel he owed them...  Or so said The Gov. himself.

The family in the apartment were...  yes, annoying seems right.  I thought at any moment he was going to destroy them all.  I'm wondering what kind of point they were at in the timeline of things that he got there and stayed with them.  Where were they in the prison's timeline and things.  I like knowing that stuff.

I didn't mind a whole Gov. episode or two...  Actually I looked forward to what he was up to, but expected it to be a lot more violent. 

This again was a week where Talking Dead cleared up things I felt...  It helps when an actor, writer, or production person are on the panel.  The "celebrities" are worthless.  Next week's two comedians, which, great I guess, but they'll maybe be funny and will certainly not be any more insightful than any other random fan.  They may be Jerricho good, or Manson dismal.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 19, 2013, 06:12 PM »
yeah I agree, having cast and/or crew makes for a better more insightful talking dead. I learned from a friend who runs a fan club for lauren/maggie she shared that they wrapped production last week so maybe we'll have cast and crew soon.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1082 on: November 19, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Said someone next week is going to be on but they didn't specify on the show or taped interview.

It was clear, ALL questions went to the Gov., and Hardwick even had a clearly easier time just picking his brain on things he thinks The Gov. was thinking, feeling, etc.  And in turn he got answers that were great...  Like him being in a "basic survival" mode, walking till he died, thinking he saw Penny, even the name Brian (I missed or didn't connect why he chose that name)...  Not all the actors are all that insightful though either.

It amazes me how quickly a killed cast member goes to the convention circuit, btw.  A surprising number have been through Steel City Con.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1083 on: November 19, 2013, 09:40 PM »
Like him being in a "basic survival" mode, walking till he died, thinking he saw Penny, even the name Brian (I missed or didn't connect why he chose that name)... 

It was part of the graffiti on the building he was looking at in the opening moments of the episode.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1084 on: November 20, 2013, 12:15 AM »
Yeah I didn't put it together though till he said in TD, that was where it came from...  Then again I didn't even think to ask, "Why Brian?" (Hardwick did) because I was just thinking it was something random he picked out of thin air to be creepy.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 20, 2013, 09:21 AM »
Paul Scheer is one of the guests next week on TD I believe, and he is worth the price of admission alone. (Dr Andre Nowzik from The League for those unfamiliar with the name, also a star on that NCIS-SVU whatever thing on Comedy Central) he has also done a few one-off appearances on ESPN shows.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1086 on: November 20, 2013, 09:40 AM »
Yeah I didn't put it together though till he said in TD, that was where it came from...  Then again I didn't even think to ask, "Why Brian?" (Hardwick did) because I was just thinking it was something random he picked out of thin air to be creepy.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't watch Talking Dead so I thought you were asking for real.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1087 on: November 20, 2013, 04:25 PM »
Yeah I was just citing it as an example...  Lot of insightful **** from The Governor on his character's full state of mind, during the episode...  It was a good hour this week...  Next, I'm not sold on yet unless they have a cast member available.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 24, 2013, 11:08 AM »
Rumors are that the Gov will bring a very special piece of equipment seen in the comics in either this episode or the next one as the mid-season finale.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 24, 2013, 11:16 PM »
Have enjoyed the Governor's fake "rehabilitation" and then quick return to insanity. But seriously, he is going to lead another attack just with a new group on the prison. He should have died at the last one. Rick, Michone, Maggie, whoever better kill him next Sunday.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 25, 2013, 09:31 AM »
Too slow, now too fast. I LOVED seeing the tank in the opening scene, because I was waiting on this from the comics. But you're gonna trust the guy to run that thing whose brother you just knifed in the back? Not so sure about that.

So much to talk about in this episode. I knew Martinez was in trouble with all those scripted lines. That's the kiss of death on this show. Glad we got some closure on the other lummox too. (Sounds like he got Tyreesed)

That other group they ran across sure seems to have gotten murdered in a hurry. Weird that it happened so fast, and no screams were heard with them being so close by. They probably won't revisit that but they should.

Phillip is all wrong on the prison thing though. They are not going to fare any better than Rick's group ultimately. Fresh water and the horde on the fences are always going to be issues. They'd be better off knocking off a shopping mall, school, etc. Plus isn't there more than one prison in the state of GA?

All I know is Tara must be loving life because what are the odds of finding another hot available lesbian chick after the apocalypse? She lucked out big time there.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1091 on: November 25, 2013, 10:09 AM »
All I know is Tara must be loving life because what are the odds of finding another hot available lesbian chick after the apocalypse? She lucked out big time there.

For real.

I wasn't too happy when the "Army" guys said "Ooorah" - which is the Marine battle cry.   :P

The Governor's character makes absolutely no sense at this point.  He was a sociopath brought back from edge by the love of a family, which he becomes a sociopath to protect...   ::)

And instead of moving on he decides he has to have that prison.

It's all ridiculous.  And apparently because he's tall the entire new camp immediately accepts him as their new leader.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 25, 2013, 02:00 PM »
Comic book logic. The Governor has resigned himself to the fact he IS the villain due to events and a psychotic mentality. We aren't even in "just doing what it takes to survive in this world" rationales anymore. The prison is not the only secure place in Georgia. Clearing walkers is safer than gun battles with other survivors.

Oh, yeah, two pretty lesbians discussing guns. If I hadn't watched Talking Dead, I'd have no idea they were.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 25, 2013, 05:01 PM »
Almost forgot to mention the excellent casting last night: Enver Gjokaj from Dollhouse as the erstwhile Pete, and Kirk Acevedo from Fringe as Tank Boy Mitch. Good to see those guys again.

Fred Armisen is a little squirmy but Martinez was money on "TD". I expect at least one casualty from the mid-season finale to show up next week as a surprise guest too.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 25, 2013, 06:33 PM »
hopefully the attack this time will actually be fun to watch since they have the tank.
next week's TD will have comic creator robert kirkman and fan fav - the lovely lauren cohan. Just hope that doesn't mean maggie dies (or that secret guest cast member isn't glen - steven yeun) who doesn't survive the attack due to being sick.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"