Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557893 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1125 on: December 3, 2013, 06:42 AM »
I just thought of this when I read Jesse's post...Bob and his box.

What if he's been the one feeding the rats to the walkers?  Bob was a medic and consequently probably had some interest in anatomy.  With that in mind, Tyrese found that one rat that had been cut and stretched out as if to be dissected.  It may be nothing at all, but it is just something that popped into my mind.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 3, 2013, 07:00 AM »
Found this on the Walking Dead section of Reddit regarding who is alive/dead and who got split up with who:

Confirmed deaths:

Governor, Herschel, Meghan (the little girl), Alisha (Tara's girlfriend), Mitch (the tank pilot), Julio (the prison's mechanic). Notably, Mitch's brain is not destroyed. Neither is Herschel's, though he is beheaded.

Escaped the prison:

Rick and Carl escape on foot. Rick has been shot, beaten, and strangled.

Glenn escapes on a bus full of redshirts. He is still sick, as are some of the others on his bus.

Last seen in the prison, planning to escape Tyreese with Lizzie and Mika. It's not clear whether he also grabbed Luke and Molly as those kids had run away a few seconds earlier. Important: Tyreese does not know Carol confessed (or was even suspected) as his girlfriend's killer. This is certainly an intentional plot point, given that he's now paired with her adopted kids.

Maggie, Sasha, and Bob. Sasha is still sick. Maggie is looking for Beth (who is looking for Judith) but stops to help when Bob is shot. He says it will be easy to fix, but Sasha says "not here."

Daryl and Beth. Beth wants to keep searching for Judith but Daryl says "We gotta go."

Last seen at the prison, presumed alive but plans not clear

Michonne saves Rick but then disappears without explanation after the battle is over.

Lily puts down the governor before he can turn.

Tara is running around somewhere in the prison. Alisha told her to go to a safe place and hide and Alisha would come get her (Alisha is dead now). Tara is presumably unaware that Lily is at the prison, and therefore may not know that Meghan is dead.

Presumed dead

Judith. Last seen with the kids, who are later seen without her. Her car seat is covered in blood, but it's possible someone (not Rick and Carl, and presumably not Daryl and Beth) grabbed her.

Presumed alive, not in this episode

Carol. Morgan.

Presumed dead, but questions remain

Sam, the boyfriend of the girl with the bum leg who Rick and Carol found.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1127 on: December 3, 2013, 04:02 PM »
Totally forgot Beth ran off from Maggoe and wound up with Daryl and that Tyrese is chasing children around haha.

I wonder if Morgan will turn back up?  Or lily and her sis?  Or the two kids who ran away from Tyrese.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 3, 2013, 04:07 PM »
I suspect it will probably take a couple episodes into the spring season before the group finds themselves together again.   Sory of like when the scattered after the farm burned down.   Some part of the group will probably meet the new characters being introduced too (Abraham ? I think that was his name) before the group is reunited.

I hope they aren't split for too long though as I don't like the disjointed series of skipping whole character groups for entire episodes like was common with Woodbury last year and the Govenor episodes this year.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 3, 2013, 04:22 PM »
Lily's become a bad-ass. Hope she returns.

Tyrese, so far, is pitiful. Stayed away from the comics so I don't know how the 2 versions compare.

All the Gov's minions deserved to die. Mitch made a really good a-hole and whose death was really fist-pump and high-five inducing.

Little Lizzie isn't as "weak" as her kid sister claimed she was. Damn, center of the forehead. No hesitation.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 3, 2013, 04:22 PM »
It's compelling to the show runners though because it's much easier to keep the costs down when you only have to pay a handful of the "name" actors each episode. I'm sure that's a big reason why they do it. I agree that the ensemble episodes are more enjoyable, but sadly I think it's a moot point when the decisions are driven by economics rather than storytelling.

Psyched for Abraham!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 3, 2013, 05:00 PM »
It's compelling to the show runners though because it's much easier to keep the costs down when you only have to pay a handful of the "name" actors each episode.

I hadn't thought of that angle... that is a shame if that drives the story.  But it does make sense.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 3, 2013, 10:24 PM »
also makes sense why the up and coming stars may get killed sooner or later - their salary demands are go up and they'll become too expensive.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 4, 2013, 12:31 PM »
I think that plays into it, but one of the major tenets of the comic is that no one is safe.  If your name isn't Rick, your number could be pulled any time.

I was really ripped up when I saw Judith's car seat.  I think that Bob is the dissector and I think he has Judith, but it is possible that Judith is gone.  It is about a TV friendly an end that an infant can get without going over a line.  It would certainly be less... less than her demise in the comic.

I'm not one that normally talks to the TV (aside from a good baseball or football game), but I found myself involuntarily telling Rick to rip the bastard's head off when he was fighting The Guv.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 4, 2013, 01:56 PM »
to me the whole disection of rat tells us that the rat man is Bob. who else besides Hershell, or the of Dr. that died from flu would be dissecting things. and besides his own admission of being with 2 other groups that have perished (except himself) possibly those other groups also died because of his feeding rats to zombies. the only question then is why. cuz he would also be at risk if zombies raid the encampments.

there were some hints both in the show and on TD about it playing out with Beth and Daryl, maybe not a relationship but there being something between them. think back to when Daryl broke the news to Beth about her BF dying in the Big Lots. And now the 2 of them run off together.

I would think that after the whole farm thing and how that played out, and after the Govners first invasion there would be a backup/bug out plan and where to go if things go really bad again. after all there was 6 months of relative peace for them to start thinking/planning for such. and the walkers had already broken thru the fences once before, so it wouldn't take a Govners invasion force to make them lose the prison.

i think Carol will find girls and Tyreese. and carol/tyreese will make nice n settle their differences.
Judith is with them, and because of carol taking care of the judith it will force rick to let her back in with the group when they all meet up again. 

someone is going to meet up with whatever group killed the other group that had those supplies that was shown in the Govner arc.

And i agree with Jesse the military girl Tara's GF is hot
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1135 on: December 4, 2013, 02:05 PM »
The only think about Bob having Judith...  How?  He was out fighting and got shot and drug off by Maggie and Sasha...  He had no time.  If Judith is alive and with someone I can't help but feel there is an unknown element involved.  Serial killers throughout history have been known to have a curiosity and experiment on animals...  I lean to just a new unknown threat not Bob...  But that's me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 4, 2013, 02:47 PM »
I thought it was pretty obvious that all signs point to Lizzie as being the one to kill Tyrese's girl and the other dude, not Carol and her being the one feeding the rats and doing any dissecting.  The naming of the zombies, the playing in the pool of blood with her foot after someone died from the virus a few episodes back, her leading the infected zombie away almost like a dog (here boy, come here boy), the small handprint Rick found and as seen last episode, she's one hell of a ******* shot.

That girl has future serial killer written all over her.  She'd be perfect for Carl.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1137 on: December 4, 2013, 02:52 PM »
Lizzie is too small to drag adult bodies...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1138 on: December 4, 2013, 03:03 PM »
Carol helped and took the blame?  Might explain a lot more of her reasoning for wanting to take the girls with her and out of the relative safety of the prison...  She was awful eager and Rick shot it down immediately.

I've really felt she's a far more likely suspect than Bob...  Bob I think is just f'd up with guilt.  He was mega guilty about Zach but then would lure zombies into the prison?  That doesn't jive at all.

I can see Carol being involved but it being a lot more complex than just Carol killed them.  It'd make sense, but I'm not so sure the girl is who's luring zombies to the fence and stuff.  I dunno.  I lean to an unknown source...  Remember someone watching Carol outside the fence?  I believe that's who was outside being "stalked" and they've NEVER gone back to that, that I can recall.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1139 on: December 4, 2013, 03:08 PM »
I don't think feeding rats was "luring" zombies... not like those crowds piled up because of a couple dead rats.  Stuff like gunfire attracts them, not meat that's 100 yards from the treeline.  Lizzie is a great guess as to who was feeding them rats, but I don't think whoever was feeding them was trying to bring down the prison.  They just like to watch rats get munched on.  Or give zombies names and feed them...

And I'm guessing the baby is dead, and it was handled somewhat tastefully.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj