Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558032 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1140 on: December 4, 2013, 03:49 PM »
I don't recall the rat feeder but do we see their hands?  I can't recall now that it's been so long.

They've said on the show the traps in the woods are to keep the zombies from the fence, so I think it's plausible the blood could lure the zombies there if it can lure them away...  I don't think that's a big deal.

but I think Lizzie's a good candidate...  I rule Bob out at this point personally, and I'd say Lizzie or unnamed Carol Stalker from some time ago...  I think this show needs a major twist though, and someone totally unseen to this point who stalked the group would be interesting.  They've said there's far worse than the Governor in the world...  I'm interested in seeing what that is, and this could be it.

Is Hershel's head just laying there biting now?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 4, 2013, 04:14 PM »
Sunday's episode was very good. It was awesome to finally get the prison battle on TV. I think it would have been better suited as the finale to Season 3 when the Governor's people actually had a valid reason to attack. The Governor's story was probably too rushed and under-developed, but that's better than a season-long retread of S3.

I loved the fight between Rick and the Governor, and the end for that villain was very satisfying. I had a feeling Hershel's death was coming, but it was still painful. Daryl being a badass is always fun. I'm glad the tank made it into the show, but randomly shooting buildings at the prison was stupid. The closing scene of Rick and Carl fleeing the prison was perfect.

Carol helped and took the blame?  Might explain a lot more of her reasoning for wanting to take the girls with her and out of the relative safety of the prison...  She was awful eager and Rick shot it down immediately.

I've really felt she's a far more likely suspect than Bob...  Bob I think is just f'd up with guilt.  He was mega guilty about Zach but then would lure zombies into the prison?  That doesn't jive at all.

I can see Carol being involved but it being a lot more complex than just Carol killed them.  It'd make sense, but I'm not so sure the girl is who's luring zombies to the fence and stuff.  I dunno.  I lean to an unknown source...  Remember someone watching Carol outside the fence?  I believe that's who was outside being "stalked" and they've NEVER gone back to that, that I can recall.

I'm pretty sure the guy watching Carol during last season was meant to be Andrew, the prisoner who caused all the trouble leading to Lori's death. Bob seems pretty straight-up (aside from the drinking problem), so I'm ruling him out as the killer and rat feeder. I expected him to have ties with the Governor due to the character's comic origin, but that didn't pan out. I'm leaning towards Lizzie as the killer and rat feeder. There are clues like her naming of walkers and playing in Glenn's blood, plus the comic had an interesting arc involving a psycho child which I could see the TV show wanting to adapt.

Also, just something regarding baby Judith...

Is it me, or does it look like Tyrese could be cradling something in his arms?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1142 on: December 4, 2013, 04:32 PM »
I didn't think that guy ever got out of the prison though...  He was in a courtyard with zombies...  Was there just a fence for him to climb?  I can't remember.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 4, 2013, 04:39 PM »
I didn't think that guy ever got out of the prison though...  He was in a courtyard with zombies...  Was there just a fence for him to climb?  I can't remember.

I'm guessing there had to have been a fence or open gate or something enabling him to escape from that courtyard. At the beginning of the episode where Lori died Andrew was shown dragging a dead deer into the prison to lure zombies in, so he definitely made it out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1144 on: December 4, 2013, 08:45 PM »
Ah ok, yeah then that negates that (at least for the most part).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 5, 2013, 08:31 AM »
Carol helped and took the blame?

Yep. Lizzie did the killing, Carol stumbles upon it and decides to help and take the blame.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 5, 2013, 04:11 PM »
I'm with Mikey on this one. I never thought Carol did it - I always thought that it had something to do with Lizzie. It was just too cut and dry for it to be Carol - I think that's the reason she didn't put up much of a fight with Rick. She needed him to believe she did it - not Lizzie.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1147 on: December 5, 2013, 04:39 PM »
Makes sense...  Fits...  I wish they'd branch out a little more, but eh, whatever.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 5, 2013, 11:11 PM »
They've said there's far worse than the Governor in the world...  I'm interested in seeing what that is, and this could be it.

Right now in the comics they're dealing with a guy named Negan who carries around a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire that he calls Lucille. He's offed a number of main characters from the show, and I'm guessing the TV show will go in that direction.

They'd have to censor him up a lot for TV, but yeah, just as bad as the Governor.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1149 on: December 6, 2013, 01:36 AM »
I'm with Mikey on this one. I never thought Carol did it - I always thought that it had something to do with Lizzie. It was just too cut and dry for it to be Carol - I think that's the reason she didn't put up much of a fight with Rick. She needed him to believe she did it - not Lizzie.

I don't want to say too much, but there could be a comic tie-in here.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1150 on: December 6, 2013, 10:47 AM »
Yeah, not to get into comic book spoilers too much, but I can't really tell what the plan is for Lizzie.  I thought she was going to take over the role of "comic book Sophia" since they killed "TV show Sophia", but now that you guys bring it up I guess they could be setting her up for the "comic book Ben" role instead.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 7, 2013, 11:36 AM »
I re-watched the finale again last night on the typical friday nite re-broadcast AMC has done. I tried to watch for some of the little things people have mentioned that I missed like Tyreese telling the girls - Lizzie and her friends they need to go and see him running looking like he was carrying something/someone so I can buy that he saved Judith.
I also noticed zombie clara from the woods this time at the end, that was a nice nod to the season premier.
I liked the brief exchange between daryl and bob when daryl starts to hand out the weapons, he goes 'you good?' and bob says he is as daryl gives him a gun.
I liked how he got Maggie's attention by tapping her azz with the gun as he walked up behind her (probably fantasy of many guys tapping her on the butt lol).
During the fire fight, the once baddazz acting Tara was cowering behind a vehicle as her gf Alicia tells her to find a safe  place, only to popped by crazy Lizzie at the end. So it looks like both sisters, Tara and Lily survive especially after Lily kills the Gov.
So with the prison group all split up in smaller groups and on the run in different directions, it opens up a lot of new story lines they can pursue for the back half of the season.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 7, 2013, 04:59 PM »
Totally unrelated to the recent series of events, I stumbled across the video below on youtube.  Some of you may or may not have seen it, but I can't help but laugh my butt off every time I see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 10, 2013, 12:14 AM »
Totally unrelated to the recent series of events, I stumbled across the video below on youtube.  Some of you may or may not have seen it, but I can't help but laugh my butt off every time I see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE

That's hilarious!  The part at the end with the singing Governor had me rolling on the floor.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 15, 2013, 11:30 AM »
until we start to get any solid tips on the back half of season 4, anything is possible. I've read through the comics and even if the show deviates enough to keep it fresh and interesting, the biggest complaint about the series it evident - the group goes somewhere, fights off walkers, fights off other people, some people get hurt/killed and they're forced to keep running. In recent  issues they finally made it to a safe haven in Va (wonders if production will move eventhough it's not necessary). But as long as they try to keep the stories and characters interesting while avoiding getting stuck in a rut, it'll keep most of us entertained!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"