Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 561502 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1260 on: February 18, 2014, 09:39 AM »
Can someone explain why the younger girl's shoe was at the scene of the walker attack when Daryl got there, but she was still wearing them as they walked down the train tracks?
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 18, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Can someone explain why the younger girl's shoe was at the scene of the walker attack when Daryl got there, but she was still wearing them as they walked down the train tracks?

Thanks, I was wondering that too and never could figure it out.

RE: the bus - maybe it just ran out of gas? Esp if the bullets hit the gas tank...just thinking out loud.

I figured Glenn had just passed out from exertion back at the prison, he is still in pretty rough shape getting over that virus.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 18, 2014, 01:18 PM »

Inconsistent writing.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1263 on: February 18, 2014, 01:29 PM »
Inconsistent writing.

The shoe was obviously foreshadowing that girl's death.  I mean, blatantly.  Could they have filmed it and decided later that she wasn't going to die?  The only other explanation is that the writers just gave the audience a big old middle finger for no good reason.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1264 on: February 18, 2014, 04:49 PM »

Thanks, I was wondering that too and never could figure it out.

RE: the bus - maybe it just ran out of gas? Esp if the bullets hit the gas tank...just thinking out loud.

I figured Glenn had just passed out from exertion back at the prison, he is still in pretty rough shape getting over that virus.
They were showing different segments out of sequence.  It illustrates that the survivors are all somewhat near each other and their paths keep crossing, but they have yet to link up.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1265 on: February 18, 2014, 05:47 PM »
I still find the bus confusing...  Even if it ran out of gas or a zombie cropped up in the back, someone would've gotten out.  There were too many people.  For me it was a sign of they wanted that tension for Maggie but didn't think the scenario out.  At times they do that stuff well, at other times they do this.  I find the good outweighs the bad in that regard, but when little stuff like that happens it does annoy me. 

I could buy the tank getting hit and it running out of gas for sure, but a zombie outbreak on the bus, and with as many exits as a bus has NOBODY got off it?  Even sick, those people got on the bus under their own power...  That's just not believable to me.

Glenn's all cut up, so that's why I figure the shell that took out the walkway probably put him down...  I thought it was awesome that, this whole time, he's back at the prison and everyone left him.  I thought that was the twist of the night really. :) 

The shoe thing, I figured it was from another kid.

Speaking of, what happened to all the other kids ultimately?  Probably never get answered.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:48 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1266 on: February 18, 2014, 08:34 PM »

So big middle finger to the audience, then.

You don't show a close-up of a kid's shoe, then in the very next scene show the exact same shoe close up on a living kid.  That's just dishonest.

Re:  the bus - who says somebody didn't get out?  There were only like 8 or 10 walkers in there.  The bus was fuller than that when it drove off.  Maybe half a dozen people got out the front before closing the door behind them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1267 on: February 18, 2014, 10:40 PM »
True I suppose they could've closed the back up perhaps and nobody says anything since they're only looking for Glenn.  I don't think there were a ton of people on the bus though...  I don't think there were a ton of people left at the prison outside of the core people.  They mention numbers periodically but I don't recall if they ever say before the attack how many are left...  Makes me wonder if there's a way to do a headcount on how many should've been on the bus?  Some died on their way there too IIRC.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:03 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 21, 2014, 08:17 PM »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 22, 2014, 11:38 AM »
I like that they're having different characters team up so to speak, I think it makes for interesting stories and character arcs. I just hope they don't rush bringing the group back together because we all know in real life we can miss meeting up with people my just a few minutes etc...
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 22, 2014, 04:49 PM »

So big middle finger to the audience, then.

You don't show a close-up of a kid's shoe, then in the very next scene show the exact same shoe close up on a living kid.  That's just dishonest.

I'd have to rewatch to be sure, but maybe their timelines haven't synced up yet.  If I remember, we left the psycho kid just a bit up the tracks from the zombie bitten, but not yet converted, stranger.  They were staring at the sign for Terminus. 

There's still the possibility of the kid going back down tracks and getting eaten by the bitten stranger, or the bitten stranger coming up track and then carrying her shoe back down before Beth and Daryl arrive on the scene.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 23, 2014, 10:34 PM »
Pretty cool episode...tense scenes with Rick, some fun with Professor Mullet and Big Red, and Crazy Cheese!

Rosita reminds me of the female deputy from Planet Terror, she rocks.

Loved Rick leaving the door cracked for the dead guy to turn and wreak havoc in the house...

Half the group on the way to Terminus now, the other half still roaming around. Guessing they will all get there by season's end?

Next week: more fun with Daryll and Beth...still worried for her
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1272 on: February 24, 2014, 12:25 AM »
Definitely a good episode, I'm glad to see Abraham, Eugene and Rosita are pretty true to form from the comic.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1273 on: February 24, 2014, 12:36 AM »
Sneak preview of Episode 11: Rick, Carl, and Michonne clear another house.

Okay, so just Carl and Michonne.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 24, 2014, 05:07 AM »
Thought it was pretty lame myself. Would have been much cooler if the pointless invaders had all been a dream for Rick. Would have gotten the same point across.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks