Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557988 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1335 on: March 16, 2014, 10:42 PM »
That's what I was thinking but I thought I saw three crosses and one of them was baby sized.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 16, 2014, 10:51 PM »
Ugh... brutal, brutal episode. So well done though, great acting by Melissa McBride. The kids on this show do such a great job too.

Pretty much knew it had to end that way with Lizzie, though I did not see that bit coming with Mika, super sad. Very Old Yeller at the end there, good for Carol taking care of the dirty work. Loved how they handled the confession scene with Tyreese, she just seemed totally spent and ready to die. They actually had me wondering at the end there too. Good way to wrap that up.

Next week looks awesome...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 16, 2014, 10:55 PM »
That's what I was thinking but I thought I saw three crosses and one of them was baby sized.

The one with the baby shoes was there when the group arrived. 

Little miss koo-koo for coco puffs takes it to a whole new level of whacko.   :o

Didn't anyone else associate the flayed out rabbit from the prison with the makings of a serial killer?  Lots of profiles indicate that young children that grow up nutty and start killing start out by hurting small animals. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1338 on: March 16, 2014, 10:59 PM »
Killing off those awful girls is the best thing this show has done all season.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 16, 2014, 11:23 PM »
I can't wait until everyone comes together again to fight a common foe.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #1340 on: March 17, 2014, 01:36 AM »

Yeah, that needed to happen. Now to rid the show of the infant props.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 17, 2014, 09:03 AM »
I agreed with the peeps on TD who postulated that the source of the fire was the moonshine cabin Daryl and Beth set ablaze. Also raises the interesting question of timelines. I suspect they may suprise us by the end of the season when they start to reintegrate the groups, as far as how long some of them have been out there. This makes sense also because otherwise it seems like they would eventually be running into each other walking the same set of tracks.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 17, 2014, 11:12 AM »
Not the way I thought that was going to go.  I thought they were telegraphing pretty hard that little "I could never kill a person" sister would have to pull the trigger on Lizzie to save Judith or Carol.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 17, 2014, 08:31 PM »
As previously mentioned - very brutal episode similar to zombie sophia in season two and carl having to kill his mom lori so she won't turn after dieing from the c-section last year.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1344 on: March 18, 2014, 12:12 AM »

Yeah, totally agreed...  I didn't care for them as characters, and I hated the TD "somber" tone going with it.  A) it's a TV show, grow up.  B) Lizzie was annoying as a character and I was glad she was gone.

Totally agreed Brent, on the "serial killer" thing...  When it got into my head via here that Lizzie was the one doing the feeding I figured she was at killer-level then, and then her attempt on Judith just solidified that.

Melissa McBride is HAWT I think...  But she's dull as a dick in dishwater on Talking Dead.  Very much like Maggie...  Some of the actors have little to say.  She's one of them.  She's as timid seemingly as her character is on the show.

Anyway, loved the arc, and how that wrapped up nice and tidy...  Tyrese doesn't want to kill her.  She's back in the fold.  The kids are gone (except the baby), which is much simpler to deal with...  I liked it.

It was well acted and shot...  Lizzie playing with the zombie in the yard and things. 

You could just see the little girl's death coming, but yeah, I didn't expect it to come as it did...  I really figured zombie.  LIzzie lures one in, it gets her sister, etc.  No way I saw the twist.  I didn't think they'd go there, but wow.

I liked it all around though.

I too agree with you McMetal on the fire being Darryl/Beth's place they lit.  That puts Darryl/Beth somewhere down the tracks theoretically, further towards TurmANUS I guess?  It does seem to me like episodes have jumped a bit in terms of timing, but they all almost had to basically end up in the same place so it makes some sense I guess.

I'd been missing Ricchone for a while but I liked that they said the long absenses is to make you realize how "separated" the group is ultimately.  I like that aspect of the show.

TD, the comedian wasn't funny, and Carol wasn't interesting...  CM Punk seemed to be ignored, and Hardwick was acting like he was at a real funeral over it...  Good lord.  If you guys who hated TD before had watched it, you'd be ranting today I feel sure.  I was bored to tears, and basically just found the facts about the episode, the make-up effects thing, and the preview to be interesting.  The rest was too much people making more out of it than it was.  I didn't freak out after the Red Wedding like they were moping around over this episode of TD.  Lame.

The Ol Yeller moment was rough, but come on...  Sophia's sequence was far more intense, from Shane's first freak-out moments to the end when Rick was the only one with the pair to go do the deed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 21, 2014, 12:32 PM »
i didn't like it
i get what ur saying jesse and i'm not saddened about it the way i was when hershel died. no attachment to these kids like hershel, i mean i figured they die eventually, but still. that just seemed wrong. a sister killing a sister. then carol having to kill the other wow. hasn't her character been thru enough. if i was in that situation i don't think i could've killed a child. probably wouldv'e locked her in the house n left her to her own demise/survival then looking at her and pulling a trigger just ouch don't think i could've done that. obviously she had mental problems that couldn't be dealt with in that world.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 21, 2014, 07:52 PM »
with only two episodes - where did the second half go? The episodes have been good and I do feel like the story is moving forward. Where it goes though is what keeps it interesting
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1347 on: March 21, 2014, 09:38 PM »
So THAT'S WHY Game of Thrones didn't start until April 6... 
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1348 on: March 22, 2014, 01:23 AM »
i didn't like it
i get what ur saying jesse and i'm not saddened about it the way i was when hershel died. no attachment to these kids like hershel, i mean i figured they die eventually, but still. that just seemed wrong. a sister killing a sister. then carol having to kill the other wow. hasn't her character been thru enough. if i was in that situation i don't think i could've killed a child. probably wouldv'e locked her in the house n left her to her own demise/survival then looking at her and pulling a trigger just ouch don't think i could've done that. obviously she had mental problems that couldn't be dealt with in that world.

This story sort of paralleled a story from the comics.  There were twin boys whose parents had been killed by walkers and Andrea and Dale (who were a couple in the comics), took up responsibility for watching them.  One brother killed the other similar to how it happened in the episode (I didn't hurt his brain, he'll come back).  While everyone in the group was debating on what they should do, it was Carl who shot him in the middle of the night.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 23, 2014, 10:48 AM »
As much as I like to speculate about the story I've missed it by a mile. So all I"m gonna guess is the group finally reunites at Terminus at different times (couple days from eachother maybe). Rick, Carl and Michonne have been there the longest and are starting to get a feel for things (with Michonne being the voice of reason whether it's safe or not); then Maggie, Bob and Sasha show up followed the next day by Glen, Tara, Abraham and Eugene and lastly Carol and Tyreese with the baby. All to find out Beth and Daryl have been there after Beth was 'taken by car' and Daryl joined the group of 'claimers'.
Then the 'liquid chocolate hooey hits the spinning propeller device'...
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"