Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557867 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1350 on: March 23, 2014, 10:58 PM »
Awesome episode, can't believe we're already to the season final already.

Tasha Yar at Terminus? Nice.

Glenn/Maggie reunion? Nice. Very telling moment for him in the tunnel with Tara too, I figured she would be a goner. He has really come into his own as a character.

I guess I get that Daryl maybe just needs to be with someone at this point, but how much longer is he really going to put up with those dbags? (And what, did he just doze off while they were beating that dude to death? He acts all surprised when he wakes up...)

I'm shocked those dumbasses were even able to figure out what happened back in the house with Rick. I don't recall one of them spotting him in that episode but maybe while he was running away? Revenge doesn't really seem to serve the self interests of a bunch of guys like that so I'm not sure I buy they would be going out of their way like that but I guess it serves to drive the story at this point.

TD with Glenn and Eugene was awesome, those guys had great insights to share.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 23, 2014, 11:13 PM »
One guy saw Rick under the bed before passing out

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 24, 2014, 12:18 AM »
Awesome episode, can't believe we're already to the season final already.

Tasha Yar at Terminus? Nice.

Glenn/Maggie reunion? Nice. Very telling moment for him in the tunnel with Tara too, I figured she would be a goner. He has really come into his own as a character.

I guess I get that Daryl maybe just needs to be with someone at this point, but how much longer is he really going to put up with those dbags? (And what, did he just doze off while they were beating that dude to death? He acts all surprised when he wakes up...)

I'm shocked those dumbasses were even able to figure out what happened back in the house with Rick. I don't recall one of them spotting him in that episode but maybe while he was running away? Revenge doesn't really seem to serve the self interests of a bunch of guys like that so I'm not sure I buy they would be going out of their way like that but I guess it serves to drive the story at this point.

TD with Glenn and Eugene was awesome, those guys had great insights to share.

+1

I don't get the revenge factor from those guys either.  Maybe that was a bogus line from the group leader and they're up to something else.  They seem capable of tracking Rick's group and can obviously follow the tracks like everyone else, but why?  If they're happy enough to kill one of their own guys for being a shmuck, would they really go that far out of their way to avenge another guy?  They just don't seem all that loyal to each other.  I do think the leader wants Daryl on his side, and killing off the other guy was a way to help bring him on over.  I'm pretty sure the leader is the one who stole the rabbit head to set all of that up.  His response to Terminus was curious as well.  I took it that there's no sanctuary for everyone because those guys are too rough around the edges, but I still have a very bad feeling about that place.  Given the clips at the end with Rick, it looks like some bad **** about to go down.  Sad to see the season finale just a week away...  :'(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1353 on: March 24, 2014, 01:50 AM »
I think it fits with the claimer group that they would go after Rick.  Rick strangled one of their group to death and let him turn to use as a weapon against them.  They aren't above payback for that.

I never thought Terminus was the safe haven they were advertising...but I have know clue what the motive is for the obviously horrible things going on there.

Yes...there are some horrible things going on there.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 24, 2014, 03:47 AM »
I really enjoyed that episode too, and count me in as another who can't believe the season is already over. Feels like nothing has happened but really a bunch of stuff has happened.

Something is definitely up at Terminus. What kind of safe haven has no security where anybody can just waltz in? I'm thinking they are cannibals or something (I know there were some in the comics but I started reading after that story arc). The weird overly nice chick mentioned something about a meal... I'm thinking that meal is the remains of Beth? I've been way wrong before though but that's my prediction.

The Abraham stuff was awesome too. "What kind of gamer are you?" "You're totally hot." That guy was definitely posting on 4chan before the zombies hit, might have even hit Emperor status on Rebelscum around 2003. Kind of cool to hear stuff like this since it's different from the usual "I'm a big badass" characters that are always coming along. I get that they would survive, but still cool to see these "everyday people" still out there in some capacity.

I don't know what the endgame is with the crossbow dudes either. I know they're fodder for Rick but like everyone said earlier, the revenge motive makes no sense since we've seen them off (or attempt to off) their own guys twice now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 24, 2014, 08:36 AM »

I thought that guy was killed? Need to go back and re-watch that now...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 24, 2014, 11:46 AM »

I thought that guy was killed? Need to go back and re-watch that now...

I thought he was just knocked unconscious in a classic "sleeper hold".

I was curious to go back and listen to the argument they had over the bed.  With Joe's rules of "claiming" a possession, I'm not sure how the fight over who got to lie down in that bed would have come about.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1357 on: March 24, 2014, 12:08 PM »
I hope Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene are the first to get eaten in Terminus because they are all horribly ridiculous characters.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 24, 2014, 12:24 PM »
might have even hit Emperor status on Rebelscum around 2003.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 24, 2014, 12:25 PM »
Was 90% sure they had jerked us around and were going to have Glen meet Walker Maggie in the tunnel.  Glad I was wrong.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 24, 2014, 01:31 PM »
I thought he was just knocked unconscious in a classic "sleeper hold".

I was curious to go back and listen to the argument they had over the bed.  With Joe's rules of "claiming" a possession, I'm not sure how the fight over who got to lie down in that bed would have come about.

Sleeper Hold, not dead.  I can't remember if the 2nd guy who comes into the bedroom says "claimed" or not, but I'm betting he did, hence the fight.  The title of that episode, by the way, is "Claimed."   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 24, 2014, 02:20 PM »
I hope Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene are the first to get eaten in Terminus because they are all horribly ridiculous characters.

People who have read the comics seem to love those three characters.  I started reading them and stopped just when they were introduced.  I guess I want to try and stay spoiler free even though I know that books and show take drastic differences in characters and stories. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 24, 2014, 06:23 PM »

People who have read the comics seem to love those three characters.  I started reading them and stopped just when they were introduced.  I guess I want to try and stay spoiler free even though I know that books and show take drastic differences in characters and stories.

The more the show focuses on these guys, the more I think people might be better suited to avoid reading about them for now.  There are some interesting plot twists on the horizon if they map to the stories.  That should come about pretty quick next season though if they're going to follow a similar story.  Beyond that, I think comic fans just like Eugene for his nerdiness, Rosita for her hotness and Abraham for his kick-assy-ness.  Abraham is bigger and less of a pushover in the comics.  He's fairly prominent just because he ends up being Rick's Left-Hand-Man for a while (pun intended). 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1363 on: March 24, 2014, 08:50 PM »
I loved Sunday's episode...  If the separation of the group was represented by the lack of seeing characters in an episode, I guess that could imply that Tyrese and Carol are maybe a ways off from all the other people at this point.  that's interesting to me.  They're lagging behind everyone perhaps?

I think it fits with the claimer group that they would go after Rick.  Rick strangled one of their group to death and let him turn to use as a weapon against them.  They aren't above payback for that.

This is exactly what I was thinking Matt... 

To me they want him dead because they're po'd, nothing more.  Far more selfish than the thought they're avenging a friend or anything like that.  They're not happy their member got killed maybe, but I think the motives to track Rick and kill him are pretty simple really and have nothing to do with comradery or anything like that.  Just PO'd someone did something to them.

I don't mind the Abraham group myself...  I think their characters haven't had much time to develop into anything since they're really just tagging along with Glenn at this point.  I assume all 3 become more important.  Rosita's really just eye-candy at this point and barely spoke till this episode.

Looking at us being at the end, my 3 most likely to die characters are:

-Carol
-Beth
-Bob

I have a different reasoning on each one...  I'll probably be wrong because other than Herschel I haven't guessed much right.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 24, 2014, 10:10 PM »
Anybody watch the slash show The Following? Well, Emily Kinney aka Beth was on it as a psycho girl who ultimately was killed at the end. Thought it notable she was moonlighting from Walking Dead in her character's absence.