Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558293 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1500 on: October 29, 2014, 11:54 AM »
^
That scene where we see Rick's group leave then it stays on the church sign for a bit and then the Termites come into the frame was awesome.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1501 on: October 29, 2014, 08:21 PM »
I liked the scene, but they never outright say that's what happened...  Like I say, I want to believe that's the mode of thinking.  Rick did it on purpose.  Rick's the smarter guy, etc.  But Rick's group doesn't ever discuss "Hey, we'll leave, leave these guys here as bait, and come back and trap the termites" either...  It's such a quick turn-around I tend to think that lends itself to the "Rick did it on purpose" theory, but again they don't outright say that's the plan...  Actually Rick talks about catching them at the school, no?

I'm still going with the idea Rick used Carl & Co. to lure in the Termites and corner them, regardless, but it's a topic I'd have liked to have seen brought up on TD or something...  wasn't a good group to bring it up with either though.  Only Garreth would know I suppose.  Slash was kind of a dickhole.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 31, 2014, 10:13 AM »
Someone did say it was a risky plan.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1503 on: November 2, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Fourth-worst episode of Grey's Anatomy ever.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 3, 2014, 12:40 AM »
Fourth-worst episode of Grey's Anatomy ever.

Fourth worst episode of the Walking Dead ever
« Last Edit: November 3, 2014, 12:41 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 3, 2014, 09:48 AM »
Raised by Hershel...trained by Daryl.  ;D Can we get a Beth Greene action figure already?

I enjoyed this, definitely a departure from the norm, but always interesting to get a glimpse into other survivors and the twisted worlds they create for themselves.

Dawn/Don - (no idea what they were saying all episode) what kind of an appalingly soulless human do you have to be to facilitate the institutionalized rape of your fellow women? What a loathsome POS, hope she gets the end she desevres.

Seemed kinda weird that she would be the one still in charge, and exempted from any of the other brutality. But I guess that was sort of the point, that they had this bizarre "system" that everyone observed, although the whole thing was seemingly starting to veer out of control.

I sort of wanted to like the doctor at first but by the end it seemed like he was just as complicit as the rest, and certainly motivated by his own self interest.

Was the kid from Richmond the same actor who played the young Chris Rock on that show a few years back? He seemed really familiar, as did Dawn/Don, but I could not place her either.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1506 on: November 3, 2014, 10:36 AM »
That was indeed Everybody Hates Chris.  Kinda pulled me out of the episode.

It was weird to see everything so perfectly clean, and all the equipment up and running.  And it didn't seem like a system that'd hold together very well.  Not with so few jailers.  Class warfare among a dozen people - not very stable.

Heck of a twist at the end, though!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: November 3, 2014, 10:54 AM »
I must be in the minority because I really enjoyed that episode. There was just something about seeing these ******** who think they know what's best for everyone and claim that they're protecting everyone, and then watching Beth tear their stuff up with relative ease because she actually HAS been through things. I enjoyed the flashback to that random episode where she was a cutter too.

I'm honestly kinda bummed it looks like we won't have a conclusion for a few weeks. Great cliffhanger ending there, although really the whole season has been really good with them. Has me wondering what happened there, and how it all ties back to Daryl in the woods with Michonne. I'm thinking Carol and Daryl run across Lil Chris Rock at some point and send Carol in to infiltrate and bring him back...

Was I the only one hoping to see the Vatos from Season 1 again since we were back in Atlanta?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 3, 2014, 12:31 PM »
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_Show_Timeline

According to this timeline it has only been 11 days since the governor stormed the prison up to where we are now

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1509 on: November 3, 2014, 01:48 PM »
Busy fortnight!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1510 on: November 3, 2014, 05:05 PM »
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_Show_Timeline

According to this timeline it has only been 11 days since the governor stormed the prison up to where we are now

That sounds about right.  Remember the second half of last season we jumped around a lot and that mixed the timeline up quite a bit.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: November 3, 2014, 08:35 PM »
I don't know of I buy that the group was only in the train car for one day.  They basically are saying there was no time lapse between the end of last season and the beginning of this season. I assumed they were there for a little while at least. 

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1512 on: November 3, 2014, 09:01 PM »
No food no water - they weren't in the train car for more than 2 days.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1513 on: November 3, 2014, 11:58 PM »
Who's to say they weren't given food/water?  Unless they stated that and I just don't recall it of course. 

I agree, I debate that timeline some.

I would think they're a hike from Atlanta too...  I mean, it seemed like the Prison wasn't just next door to there.  It wasn't next door to Terminus either...  I dunno.

It wasn't my favorite episode either.  I agree about Beth wrecking things and the twist at the end...  and I assume the "You can come out now" line was meant for Everyone Hates Chris now, since the twist is back at the hospital with Beth & Co.

I agree on the cleanliness of the place...  The car batteries gave it a little more believability but the reality is after 3 years, that few people, middle of Atlanta...  Stuff not jiving as much.  We'll see though.  How do the fuzz get in/out of that building too?  They seem to do so freely, and get to their little hoard of cars, but yet the outside is overrun...  weird.

Looks like the 2nd Group is going to run into stuff and have to go back to Rick & Co.

They split up, it's slowing down...  Hopefully it gets ugly again.  This wasn't a great episode.  OK parts, but not great.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 4, 2014, 09:13 AM »
Who's to say they weren't given food/water?  Unless they stated that and I just don't recall it of course. 

There were some bowls and some food/drink type item near the entrance of the train car in the season 4 finale, so I think they were feeding Glenn and friends something (ensure or powdered milk maybe). It makes sense that the Termites would give their captives something to keep a bit of meat on their bones. I doubt they rushed to feed them again after the gunfight with Rick though.