Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557879 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1800 on: December 2, 2015, 09:02 PM »
Late to the discussion but that mid season finale was awful. No other way to put it. I yearn for the governor. Hopefully Neegan is just as good.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1801 on: January 15, 2016, 12:54 PM »
EW.com: Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman calls Negan 'an atomic bomb that's going to be dropped on the show'

“As far as shake-ups go, we have lots of shake-ups from season to season,” says Kirkman. “It keeps things interesting — keeps the blood pumping, I like to say — but Negan is kind of an atomic bomb that’s going to be dropped on the show and the show will probably never be the same after that. So buckle up, I guess?”

Negan is the leader of a group we met in the midseason finale’s prologue scene called the Saviors. We saw them stop Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham on the road while informing them “your property now belongs to Negan.” So who is this nefarious outfit and how do they differ from other groups we’ve encountered before?

“I think the Saviors are dangerously organized,” says Kirkman. “The Wolves were psychotic, the Hunters [the group from Terminus] had a lot of weaknesses. When it comes to the Saviors, and Negan in particular, the way I’ve always thought about this in the comics is this is a group that’s led by a guy who’s had his morality dial a few clicks away from Rick toward the darker aspects of his personality, but is still an intellectual and capable leader who’s kept his group alive against all odds just as long as Rick has. It’s really the best encountering the best. When these two forces come head to head, things are gonna get interesting. This is a much different group than they’ve ever encountered. The Saviors are a group they’re not really prepared for.”

Yes, yes. Blow it up. Blow it all up. Make this show interesting again. Kill everybody.

Except Maggie.

(But make her abort the baby.)

#TeamNegan
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1802 on: January 15, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Kill everybody.

Except Maggie.

(But make her abort the baby.)

Wait, you want her to abort her own baby?  You, sir, are a monster.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1803 on: January 15, 2016, 01:22 PM »
But not History's Greatest. :(

Don't really care how it happens (abortion, miscarriage, whatever), just don't want to have watch Maggie go full-term with this thing. Aside from the purely selfish reason of not wanting to see Lauren Cohan made up to look all fat and gross, the show already has a baby. It doesn't need another one.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:23 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1804 on: January 15, 2016, 02:01 PM »
the show already has a baby. It doesn't need another one.

So now we all see your true colors - you hate babies on TV shows.  You're probably glad that no babies got Oscar nominations too... #ageist #babyhater
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: January 15, 2016, 02:22 PM »
Don't really care how it happens (abortion, miscarriage, whatever), just don't want to have watch Maggie go full-term with this thing. Aside from the purely selfish reason of not wanting to see Lauren Cohan made up to look all fat and gross, the show already has a baby. It doesn't need another one.

My wife and I joke about Judith.  It seems like they use a new baby actor every show, and she is really more a prop than anything.

I'm not a reader of the comics to know her importance in the comics, but she seems like a complete waste of space in the show.  She is never in jeopardy, she hasn't been important to any of the plot points since they had to go on runs for formula, so why bother?  You would think they would have just killed her off when the prison fell.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: January 15, 2016, 02:55 PM »
I think they got stuck with what to do with her after deciding to have her survive the prison and now don't have any good ideas for how to get rid of her.  It's tough to spin zombies killing a baby into good TV for the general public, but I agree that she's pretty pointless to keep around.  Maybe there is some bigger design to have her play a role years down the road. 

In the comic, Judith and Lori get shot/killed in the prison battle with the governor and they don't really have any pregnancies to worry about after that. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1807 on: January 15, 2016, 03:41 PM »
Judith might be a much more effective tool to paint Negan as a monster than just about anything else.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: January 18, 2016, 08:21 AM »
Judith might be a much more effective tool to paint Negan as a monster than just about anything else.

Better her than Glenn!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: January 18, 2016, 11:35 AM »

I might have agreed with that except would everyone's apathy toward Judith make us not feel as strongly toward Negan being a monster if he killed her? I feel it wouldn't work.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: January 18, 2016, 11:47 AM »

I might have agreed with that except would everyone's apathy toward Judith make us not feel as strongly toward Negan being a monster if he killed her? I feel it wouldn't work.

I think they would have to take Negan very differently if he killed Judith, but I like the idea.  I think Rick could eventually reconcile in some way with other character deaths, but would be pretty impossible to let the guy that killed your baby daughter go on living. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: January 26, 2016, 02:34 PM »

I think they would have to take Negan very differently if he killed Judith, but I like the idea.  I think Rick could eventually reconcile in some way with other character deaths, but would be pretty impossible to let the guy that killed your baby daughter go on living.

I agree. No matter how apathetic you feel about Judith as a character - most people/viewers wouldn't take the killing of a baby very well at all.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1812 on: January 26, 2016, 05:49 PM »
It's gotta happen at some point though...  I mean, how is Judith surviving something almost everyone else isn't ya know?  I just can't see them keeping Judith on forever.  She has to go at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: January 27, 2016, 11:30 AM »
Well, if you think about it, Neagan killing Judith would work better for the show. In the comics, Rick is keeping Neagan in a cell. There's no way they are going to keep paying Jeffery Dean Morgan just to have him sitting in a cell. Neagan killing Judith means that Rick would be seen as justified in killing Neagan.

I know there are a lot of fans that would love to see Glenn survive past the Alexandrians encountering Neagan, but I could also see them going even further with Neagan and having him kill both Glenn AND Judith instead of a swap of one for the other.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 15, 2016, 12:35 PM »
Welcome back, and thanks for one of the best episodes ever!

Great action, great drama, tying up loose ends with no hokey stretches of credulity.

I was Tom-Cruise-jumping-on-the-couch after the first 5 minutes, and again when Abraham and Sasha showed up right when I was completely expecting Glenn to get eaten alive. That was some kick ass TV.

They did a great job this episode in particular I thought of creating a real sense of danger for just about everyone.

Loved Carol capping the Wolf. Loved Father Gabriel finally sacking up.

Will really miss Alexandra Breckinridge. Was so hoping it would just be the whiny brats. Great scene right out of the comics with Rick hacking off the arm still clutching to Carl. Not to mention the lost eye...whoa.

RPG was the definite highlight though...just obliterated those bastards. Nibble on that!  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy