Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 561100 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1860 on: March 6, 2016, 11:49 PM »
Rick's plan...no one dead on his side yet...except he let Maggie come along. Because having a pregnant woman along and her husband won't affect anything.

Telegraphing death...Glenn....Carol?

Alanna Masteron's (Tara) pregnancy was not that well hidden here.

Rosita can hook up with Eugene now, move from one social retard to the next. Abraham seems to get weirder every time he speaks.

Jesus killed someone? Vengeance is mine alone sayeth...

Woah, Negan's a woman? (Says every troll at IMDB...like people aren't aware of casting)

All those satellite dishes, is Negan in contact with the aliens who started the zombie apocalypse?  :P
« Last Edit: March 6, 2016, 11:51 PM by Scockery »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1861 on: March 7, 2016, 01:01 PM »
So if you're stabbed through the eye while sleeping, you don't make a peep?  I'd think there'd be screaming.

And also, unless you get the blade perfectly through one of the gaps in the back of the orbital, the knife isn't going to slide in all smooth-like.

Still, a decent, tense episode.  I'm guessing this building is just one of Negan's satellite offices...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 7, 2016, 08:34 PM »
Yeah I was confused on that at first. I thought they were attacking Negan's main stronghold, which was depicted much different in the comics.

They are setting up for several deaths with all of this love going on...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: March 8, 2016, 07:48 AM »
I thought for sure that Rosita was (sadly) going to get whacked this week.  When a character that hasn't had too many lines is featured like she was this week, that character's actor usually ends up visiting Hardwick later in the night.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 8, 2016, 08:34 AM »
I thought this was another great episode.

I can't figure out what is going on with Abraham, except I want to see him kick somebody's ass.  I've always loved Michael Cudlitz as an actor, especially in Southland and Band of Brothers.  Hopefully we'll see that before he meets his demise.

Tactically, they did everything right.  You have to leave security back at your vehicles for your return trip, otherwise it could be an ambush in waiting.  However, the personnel choices left something to be desired and this certainly sets up Glenn for a head bashing.  (Yes, I am well aware in the comics he gets offed).  I love his character so I don't want to see him go.

Bill, I'd guess if you penetrate the brain quickly, there won't be any sound or screaming.  Is it possible to get a clean knife through the eye kill?  Yes...very likely without noise, I doubt it.  But then again, headshots through the eye drop a person on the spot.  There are many, many factors that would go into that.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 9, 2016, 12:01 AM »
I was hoping they'd smother them to death with pillows while saying "shhh-shhh-shhh" in typical hollywood fashion.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 9, 2016, 12:58 AM »
Great episode.  That raid on the compound was awesome.  I'm a little surprised at how well it went actually - I figured Heath or someone would bite it at some point.  When he and Glenn were randomly firing through the armory door I thought for sure they would get a friendly kill as well, but no dice.  This is definitely just one of the Savior's outposts - why risk telling anyone where the main compound is?  And all of these guys looked like fighters.  I really don't get why Maggie went.   She's pregnant AND the diplomat AND a potential liability if something goes on between her and Glenn.  Also not sure why they weren't hanging closer with Jesus and the other reserves.  I'm pretty sure those pictures Glenn found were Lucile's handiwork.  Hoping they take out a different cast member instead.

I thought I read somewhere that we won't see Neegan until the last episode of the season, so more fighting with the flunkies until then...

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1867 on: March 9, 2016, 02:39 PM »
They should've wondered why Negans people need all this food and would increase their demands.  Wisdom would say you don't destroy your food supply, so clearly they need to feed a lot of people.  This is all a bad idea and I give Hardwick credit for sorta saying "this seems like a dumb move".  He's rarely critical but was on this one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 9, 2016, 06:57 PM »
They should've wondered why Negans people need all this food and would increase their demands.  Wisdom would say you don't destroy your food supply, so clearly they need to feed a lot of people.  This is all a bad idea and I give Hardwick credit for sorta saying "this seems like a dumb move".  He's rarely critical but was on this one.

It's definitely a bad idea, but it does establish one major difference that will help the show chart a different course from the comics.

One of the first thing that happens after we're introduced to Lucille and its first use, is that Maggie basically slugs Rick and blames him for the death.

In the show however, it was Maggie that negotiated with Gregory & the Hilltop community what the Alexandria crew will do in order to get food and supplies, so if they keep with killing the same character that they did in the comics, Maggie will only have herself to blame, not Rick - especially since Rick's plan was going great until she got her ass caught.

So yeah - definitely lots of dumb moves on our main crew's part in this episode...

I'm pretty sure those pictures Glenn found were Lucile's handiwork.

They most definitely were. My thinking is that this does have the potential to be a sign that a different character or perhaps none of them at all will be having a one-on-one date with Lucille. Fingers crossed...
« Last Edit: March 9, 2016, 07:30 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1869 on: March 9, 2016, 11:04 PM »
Plus sets up blaming Carol, yet again, for stuff...  She's kinda to blame for a LOT.  And she knows it.  Now her dicking around trying to save another (albeit unborn) kid, has backfired. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 13, 2016, 10:40 PM »
Well, The Same Boat didn't go how I'd figured, thought maybe these last 4-5 episodes would be an arc. Just as well, I cannot stand the idea of either Carol or Maggie being hostage for that long.

"You're not the good guys." says the woman who lost most of a finger for stealing gas.

Alicia Witt as a crazy red-head stereotype. Between her and Abraham...watch out for the gingers after the apocalypse.

"Meet us on the Kill floor" a little pat, wasn't it. Shades of Terminus.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 14, 2016, 06:38 AM »
Another really good episode.  I thought after Maggie and Carol were hauled off we'd end up seeing a lot of back and forth and negotiation and whatnot while the story leading up to Neegan was built.

Obviously that is taking place, but last night added a bit to Carol's story.  With her trying to tell the red head to go, it makes me wonder if Carol's days are numbered now.  She seems as if she's growing soft after talking to Morgan about killing.  Maybe it's just what we are meant to see, or maybe she wants out of the killing.  Either way, again I wonder if she's on the way out.

I will say to this point, this half of the season has been awesome and in my opinion, probably the best back to back string of episodes in the entire series so far.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1872 on: March 14, 2016, 08:00 AM »
Carol is taking stock, and not liking the balance.  So yeah, that might point to her end.

I thought it was a great episode.  Very tense.

Kinda odd with the cult-of-Negan.  Still trying not to spoil the show with the comic, so I don't know if that plays out the same.

And funny how a whole group of people will pile into a room that must reek of gasoline without so much as a second thought.   ;D
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 14, 2016, 10:34 AM »
They've gone nose-blind thanks to smelling rotting walking corpses all the time. Yeah, that's it.  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 14, 2016, 02:08 PM »
They have been killing it (pun intended) all season I think, and especially the past couple of weeks. I almost didn't want to watch last night fearing how the whole thing might play out with Maggie and Carol but I thought they handled it brilliantly.

I kept thinking Carol was just playing them so hard all episode that it was inevitable she would snap into Carol-mode at some point and jam that crucifix into one of those chick's eyes, but I guess she is in a different place now. Maggie sure as hell picked up the slack though, she was straight up regulating.

Was that Agent 33 from Agents of SHIELD as the fingerless Savior? Sure looked like her.

Between last night, the raid last week and the RPG encounter on the road they must have killed at least 20-30 of these schmoes by now. How freaking many are there? Because they've only got about that many left in Alexandria now. Call in the reinforcements!

I figured that was Daryl's bike those 2 idiots had stolen, guess it was. Wonder if those 2 are long dead or will come back around somehow?

Seems pretty certain we can expect a significant death at the end of this season. I just hope they break with the comic and go in a different direction, I kinda feel like they are setting up for that in some ways.

Thinking Tara and Heath better keep their heads on a swivel too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy