Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 562132 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2010 on: November 20, 2016, 06:32 PM »
Rick doesn't see a way to win at this point.  He doesn't think he has enough people between Alexandria and the Hilltop to defeat Negan.

Once he learns about the Kingdom...I bet we see a change in him.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:17 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: November 20, 2016, 07:05 PM »
Yeah, but outside of a small handful of guys the Kingdom is filled with a bunch of candy asses who couldn't even kill a walker, much less a Savior. I don't see those guys being much help without several seasons worth of training. The other Alexandrians are barely capable as it is. And the Hilltop isn't much better, that's how they got into this mess in the first place, asking Rick to help protect them.

What they need is to find a huge stash of weapons first and then somehow figure out how to get a bunch of the Saviors to turn on Negan and help take him down from within. I don't see them winning an all out straight up assault even with the 3 groups working together.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: November 20, 2016, 07:27 PM »
Yeah, but outside of a small handful of guys the Kingdom is filled with a bunch of candy asses who couldn't even kill a walker, much less a Savior. I don't see those guys being much help without several seasons worth of training. The other Alexandrians are barely capable as it is. And the Hilltop isn't much better, that's how they got into this mess in the first place, asking Rick to help protect them.

What they need is to find a huge stash of weapons first and then somehow figure out how to get a bunch of the Saviors to turn on Negan and help take him down from within. I don't see them winning an all out straight up assault even with the 3 groups working together.

What they haven't realized yet is that they just need to take out Negan.  We've seen how he belittles even his closest lieutenants.  Between most of them hating him and no real second-in-command, a dead Negan is a game changer.  I don't see the Alexandrians, Hill Toppers, or Kindomers doing much to fight back, though they could also be a sizable force if they had some weapons.  Maybe they join together as a distraction while Assassin Jesus takes down Negan.   :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 21, 2016, 12:25 AM »
Wow.

It's like "Carl hasn't done something stupid lately, so let's have him do this..."

Teen romance....yay. It took Carl and Enid over a day to reach Hilltop. Where did they spend the night? A DEAD AND BREAKFAST?

The Saviors night time message didn't add up. They got into the compound, open the gates, parked a car playing loud music, set bonfires all without initially waking anyone up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2014 on: November 21, 2016, 12:59 AM »
Wow.

It's like "Carl hasn't done something stupid lately, so let's have him do this..."

Teen romance....yay. It took Carl and Enid over a day to reach Hilltop. Where did they spend the night? A DEAD AND BREAKFAST?

The Saviors night time message didn't add up. They got into the compound, open the gates, parked a car playing loud music, set bonfires all without initially waking anyone up.

A dead and breakfast CORAL!

Waste of a perfectly good Gremlin.  Kinda sad.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: November 21, 2016, 08:48 AM »
Did anybody else find that episode to be mostly craptastic?

I understand the need to build the suspense and fill in the backstory, but good lord this is getting to remind me of season 2.  No action, a lot of talking and drama, a little snippet of something here and there, and then a cliffhanger.  I hate to sit and complain, but the point has been pretty well drilled home that Negan and his guys are bad, egotistical, and rule with an iron fist.  Time to push the story forward.  It's no wonder the ratings have been falling off the past few weeks.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 21, 2016, 08:49 AM »
I thought Rick and the gang took Abraham and Glenn's bodies with them. I guess Sasha and Maggie had a car? I was thinking they had to walk the rest of the way to the Hilltop but no way they lugged those bodies with them all that way.

It felt like there were only about 5 other people living there this episode. (And how hard is it to remember people's names dude! Sheesh)

Coral is determined to prove he can be stupider and more impulsive than Daryl.

Still feel like they haven't unleashed the full ninja-like warrior prowess of Jesus, but it is coming, I can feel it!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 21, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Yeah, this was another pretty boring episode.  I guess we get to see that Negan does have kind of a sadistic 2nd in command and it was good to check in on Jesus and the hilltop, but everything else was pretty boring. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: November 21, 2016, 09:15 AM »
Yeah, another boring episode. We're at what, 3 in a row now? Highlight of the episode was Steven Ogg (the Negan squad leader who took the booze, he played Trevor in GTA5)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 21, 2016, 12:03 PM »
Wait for next week, which will have Tara and probably no other regular cast members...though at this point, calling her a regular cast member is really a stretch.

But at least they aren't skipping Thanksgiving weekend.

It's odd I've lived to see Gremlins become classic cars that people are sad to see destroyed. My folks had one back in the 70's.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: November 21, 2016, 01:31 PM »
I don't mind them moving around to different cast members and storylines, but I don't understand why it has to be show specific.  I'd rather see a little bit of what's going on each place than what feels like stand alone filler episodes where they only made a small portion of the cast come into work that day.  You can basically show the same stuff, but edit it together.  I love TWD, but these episodes feel pretty lazy to me.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: November 21, 2016, 01:41 PM »
I think Justin nailed it. Take these last three episodes, jumble them together and have parts of them be one episode. Maybe two, but as individual episodes over three weeks is too much.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 21, 2016, 08:04 PM »
Did anybody else find that episode to be mostly craptastic?

I understand the need to build the suspense and fill in the backstory, but good lord this is getting to remind me of season 2.  No action, a lot of talking and drama, a little snippet of something here and there, and then a cliffhanger.  I hate to sit and complain, but the point has been pretty well drilled home that Negan and his guys are bad, egotistical, and rule with an iron fist.  Time to push the story forward.  It's no wonder the ratings have been falling off the past few weeks.
Here, here!  Hopefully they understand that audiences want to see  Johnny and Kobra Kais get their asses whooped at some point.  They better not think of dragging out Rick and crew eating **** into the next season. There is a finite amount that an audience will take before moving on.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: November 21, 2016, 08:14 PM »
Also: when someone in the writing room suggests more of this teen love BS, fire them.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 22, 2016, 12:31 PM »
I don't mind them moving around to different cast members and storylines, but I don't understand why it has to be show specific.  I'd rather see a little bit of what's going on each place than what feels like stand alone filler episodes where they only made a small portion of the cast come into work that day.  You can basically show the same stuff, but edit it together.  I love TWD, but these episodes feel pretty lazy to me.

I thought I read somewhere that since the Cast gets paid per episode when they do full stand alone episodes, not everyone gets paid for every episode.  That's the only "practical" reason I see for this approach.  I'm sure there is some "story telling reason" for this but I hate it.  I would much rather just see all the stories advancing simultaneously.