Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 565631 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2145 on: April 2, 2017, 08:26 PM »
Forty minutes and counting...this may be the least pumped up I've been for a finale though. After last year I'm already prepared for the inevitable cliffhanger just when things are getting good. Figure Sasha is a goner, and probably at least a few of the sub-mains like Aaron's BF or the dopey guy who liked Carol. I'm just hoping they take out at least one or two of the main Saviors along the way, preferably GTA guy or that ahole who is always giving Ezekiel a hard time.

And for God's sake, don't leave us hanging on Heath?!?  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: April 3, 2017, 12:55 AM »
Spoilers

Heath's bloody road remains a mystery, but Scott Gimple says the first 3 episodes of season 8 will be about his adventures.  :D

Those junkyard jerks... >:( Not sure who mad at more, them or Rick for trusting AND arming them. Maybe if Rick hadn't taken that damned cat.

Sasha's fate was sort of handled well, but a tad lacking because she only killed a minor savior.

The tiger knows who to eat or who not to eat...like why did it attack Negan or Jaundice or whatever her name is. Ezekiel peeps be stealthy, too.

All that and the baddie leadership gets away unscathed and main good guys are wounded, but call it a "victory" anyway just because the cavalry arrived in time. The one surprise was that Michonne didn't recover and snipe somebody who was about to kill someone.

THE ORK LEADER SAYS "WE GOING TO WAGHHHH!"

« Last Edit: April 3, 2017, 01:41 AM by Scockery »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2147 on: April 3, 2017, 11:03 AM »
It was a pretty decent finale.  I think they drew out the Sasha thing a bit much, given that everyone knew exactly what was going to happen way before the reveal.  It was nice to see Abraham, though.

My one nitpick - so trash lady has Rick covered with her pistol.  Shots start ringing out.  And yet she decides to just stand there upright, on an exposed platform, for several minutes, and doesn't pull the trigger??  Even if she was under orders to bring Rick in alive, that's some ridiculous self-control.  That's me... the first pop I hear and I'm unloading the magazine with zero prejudice.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: April 3, 2017, 01:25 PM »
 Yeah, chick is nuts. And what deal did they make with Negan? 12...no, 10. 10. Negan says "people are a resource". Junkyard people into slavery? Or what?

They need to stop teasing Rick losing hand(s)....or Carl or Carl's hands.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: April 4, 2017, 10:07 AM »
They need to stop teasing Rick losing hand(s)....or Carl or Carl's hands.

Does Rick lose a hand in the comics?

Probably too much trouble to go through each episode for makeup and CGI.  A lot easier just to throw on an eye patch for Carl.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2150 on: April 4, 2017, 10:35 AM »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 4, 2017, 11:09 AM »
A long time ago in the story too. That's the Governor.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2152 on: April 4, 2017, 11:17 AM »
And the showrunners have explained that it'd be too costly to CGI out his hand going forward.  I don't expect it'll ever happen.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2153 on: April 4, 2017, 11:21 PM »
In the comics now, he has a prosthetic hook....shouldn't be too hard to do in the show.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2154 on: April 5, 2017, 01:24 AM »
I'm kinda happier with a 2-handed Rick, at least in the show, for some reason.  But yeah that's eons ago in the comics.

The episode was good, I enjoyed it, but man I was so happy about Sasha finally.  Kinda tired of her at this point.  And they definitely overplayed her whole thing in this finale, but I guess it makes some sense given what they were doing with her.  A nice send-off but other characters I cared about a ton more, and they got a lot less of a send-off.

The trash people are dumb, and I agree, that whole thing was kind of stupid with her standing there not firing, Rick just chilling with her...  So odd, but I'd say bringing him in alive was a prerequisite.  But from the moment Rick gave them weapons and was making deals with these people who'd proven themselves to be kind of unpredictable, and they're goofy as hell...  Rick is the all time apocalyptic king of ****** decisions.

Love Negan, but he really has a single act, not much diversity there, and that's....  odd.   :-\  I mean driving away and he's just "lost" and almost died several times, AND he's having quite a few ounces of lead sent his way....  and he flips the bird?  Really?  I've been in some hairy traffic in my day, and even then getting the bird out in prompt and timely fashion is not always easy.  I've never been in a shootout, nor driving away from one still taking place with me as a target, but I'd think flipping the bird is on the low priority list.  It was funny, and Negan has a certain sense of humor I enjoy, and that made me laugh, but Negan's allowed to have more moods I think.

Anyway, I liked it.  It at least got intense, and fun.  Eugene seems to have at least raised some awareness within Negan.  Poor goober.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2017, 01:26 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2155 on: April 5, 2017, 07:43 AM »
In the comics now, he has a prosthetic hook....shouldn't be too hard to do in the show.

They wouldn't go CGI, so it'd have to look all goofy and huge like Merle's.  Unless they opt for a gold hand like they do for Jaime in GoT.

And honestly, there's really zero benefit to doing it.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 5, 2017, 09:58 AM »
And the showrunners have explained that it'd be too costly to CGI out his hand going forward.  I don't expect it'll ever happen.

Yup.  They can't go the Luke Skywalker/Agent Coulson route of wearing a glove over a robotic prosthesis here; it would look crappy like Merle's prosthesis did.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 5, 2017, 06:25 PM »
I waited until today to watch the finale.  Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10.  They brought everyone back together, which was good, and the general shootout was fun.  Negan is always fun to watch.  His comments are hilarious, like his list of demands ending with the pool table.  Too bad Dwight didn't find a way to help out - it seemed weird that they had the bit about him turning on Negan, but then he didn't actually do anything about it.  I guess they're saving that for next season.  I liked Daryl with that rapid fire camo gun, but wow did he peel off a lot of rounds for a group with limited ammo.  Glad Sasha found a way to make her death positive.  That was a nice twist from the comics, where Negan releases a seemingly captive Holly with a bag over her head.  The Alexandrians remove the bag and they're the ones surprised to find a zombie. 

I thought the junkyarders turning coat, Sasha's death, all the narrow escapes across main characters was pretty predictable.  It kind of felt like lazy directing to me.  They could have had Negan flip the bird with people shooting behind the truck instead of the side - no idiot would stick their hand out with people shooting right there.  And Zeke could have attacked from another angle where he released the Tiger on a group of Saviors.  Another cool idea, but the Tiger knowing when and who to attack was a little goofy.  I thought they overplayed the fight with Michonne and under-played the return of Carol and Morgan.  You'd think someone would throw out a "holy ****!  It's Carol and Morgan here to save us after all this time!"  Some of the fighting scenes were poorly filmed/edited in my opinion as well.  A bunch of people had guns on our heroes, and they almost all were taken by surprise and defeated?  Most of them probably couldn't even see what was going on out there with Sasha.  This was a missed opportunity to at least gut a few of the C-List good guys to make it a little more meaningful.  I absolutely could have gone without the Sasha goodbye/dream sequences.  Ugh.

So the real war will be next season, and I'm hoping they get on it right away instead of drawing it out all year like this season.  Will be interesting to see what becomes of Eugene and Dwight.  I hope we never see the junkyard people again - I could have done without all their whole weird speech thing.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2158 on: April 6, 2017, 11:25 PM »
Scott Gimple said that all out war would be a time to have cast members from Fear the Walking Dead show up on the main show.  Frankly, I'm surprised any of those idiots are still alive in their show!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2159 on: April 6, 2017, 11:40 PM »
Second that...  I can't see them crossing the country before the apocalypse without getting themselves killed somehow.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77