Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 567649 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2190 on: October 30, 2017, 12:53 PM »
I'm curious to hear about what Morales has been up to since Season One.  When he left the group, he said he was going North, so at least running into the Saviors is plausible...what happened to his family?

Also...did Rick just leave the baby in the crib?  As a father I know you don't wake a sleeping baby....but her dad could reanimate in the next room....
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2191 on: November 2, 2017, 07:49 AM »
I'm predicting the Kingdom folks are gonna get an acid bath on Sunday.  The dissolved zombie and "countermeasures" made that pretty clear.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: November 3, 2017, 12:45 PM »
Yeah, I can't decide if I like the new season yet or not.  They're overdoing the sneaking around and shooting bits.  You film all that and then edit it into a cohesive story - I feel like we're getting the extra scenes added in.  It's hard to track where on the map everyone is and where they're heading - both in big picture of the assault and in the individual little battles.  I can't tell at any given point who's winning.  It's all visually pretty cool, but not great storytelling in my opinion.  And I kind of didn't get the bit with the baby - did Rick just kill that baby's dad?  or is the guy from Season 1 the dad?  Or is the baby even still alive?  Wouldn't all the gunfire have woken up a baby?  At least the zombies coming back to kill their savior buddies was cool (though I wish the realization had just been one gnawing at someone's leg instead of an overly telegraphed reveal).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: November 3, 2017, 01:58 PM »
The problem with that plan is that reanimation occurs whenever the script calls for it.

Yeah, the Saviors like to narrate, like the guy explaining how hard it is to wet yourself.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: November 6, 2017, 12:48 AM »
Is Negan still on this show?  :P

Morgan vs Jesus...  :o

Morales's return was short lived. Almost to the "What was the point?". And whatever happened to the folks from the early minisodes? The folks at the storage rental place? The survivor at the med station?

Eric, the obligatory no-happy-couples-last-rule. Another Alexandrite dead due to Rick. Even Norman Reedus commented on Rick's plans on Talking Dead. Meanwhile, Aaron is left holding the baby.

The Kingdom people kinda deserved it for standing out the open like that within sight of tall structures....come on. Even Rick could've died if that sniper had hero-armor piercing bullets.

Xander Berkeley, he can be the show's Dr. Smith. 

Next week, either it's a car chase or the next Ride with Norman Reedus was shot in Syria. I don't watch taht show, when the opening narration has Reedus talking about spending a year in Barcelona when he was younger, I don't relate to him. Like PARTS UNKNOWN....yeah, great that Bourdain can travel the world and eat everything and get paid for it..great for him.   :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2195 on: November 7, 2017, 02:25 AM »
Sure coulda used those .50s in a reasonable place...  like say the sanctuary...  where they could do what they basically do and rip the shot out of those tincan uparmored Toyota Camrys.  But nah let's take them as far away as we can and stuff.

.50s aren't a wonder weapon either...  I mean everyone has machine guns.  Not having the guns at the key point you need to protect seems like bad planning.  Sure they kill Kingsomers and all that but they didn't need that firepower for that job.  They needed it at the main base and wherever the Alexandrians were attacking.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: November 8, 2017, 09:31 AM »
The episode was just meh.  I like action and all, but I'm not that interested in a half season of non-stop gun battles.

I know we'll deal with a .50 cal in the next episode as a super weapon, but it surprises me that nobody uses something as simple as a moltov cocktail when attacking other humans.  There has to be zero ability to put out a structure fire, so if you lob a couple of those in to a ground floor window and cover the exits you could just wait out your enemy while the building burns down.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2197 on: November 8, 2017, 08:24 PM »
The only issue waiting out people in a fire is the attention it draws from walkers...  and far away.  Not that gunfire doesn't do similar. 

I guess all the slaughter is to parallel the viewer desire for payback on these people as we watched the Negan/Rick cuckold film we saw up to this point, but yeah I mean it's kinda dull and seems wasteful to boot. 

The only story movement seems to be the Carol/King relationship, the "who is a revenge bent psycho and who is a borderline psycho and who is with Jesus and semi normal" setup going on...  oh and weaker half of Aaric dying.

It took a while for someone to nonsensically wander off.  If you bet on Morgan collect your $.

I like the show and the payback and the slaughter of people who were and are still dickheads.  They're going down some similar paths tho with like Jesus soaring a dude who you knew was bad, and people killing fairly indiscriminately while others will argue with them till there is an internal rift appearing and stuff... *cough*shane&Dale*cough*Shane&Rick*cough* and a bunch of other variations of that conflict.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: November 8, 2017, 08:31 PM »
Agreed with pretty much all of what you guys are saying.

I really think this show needs to take a dramatic turn in a new direction... it's gotten totally stale to me, which is crazy because the introduction of Negan was as dramatic and riveting as the show's been to me at least...

I may have posted this already, but I'd like to see something happen where the walkers are actually important again... where the disease does something different, or they find some REAL remnant of society that's working on a cure, or where they go some place else and do something different.  I don't know what the hell that is, but for God's sake, wandering around from random villain to random villain is old.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: November 8, 2017, 08:37 PM »
Carole King's on the show?  :P

I think it was odd the junkyard leader actresses' name was in the credits, but she hasn't reappeared.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2200 on: November 8, 2017, 08:44 PM »
I knew the second I wrote that, it was fodder

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: November 8, 2017, 11:34 PM »
I skipped over all the Jesus stuff. Too easy.  ;)

Reminds me, I'd missed the Robot Chicken WD special, saw some clips on youtube. Funny stuff.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: November 12, 2017, 02:51 PM »
I may have posted this already, but I'd like to see something happen where the walkers are actually important again... where the disease does something different, or they find some REAL remnant of society that's working on a cure, or where they go some place else and do something different.  I don't know what the hell that is, but for God's sake, wandering around from random villain to random villain is old.

Hang on, its coming...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2203 on: November 12, 2017, 03:03 PM »
Yeah, there’s definitely something up with the grilled cheese walkers we keep seeing.

Reminds me of the ones at the prison who died from the infection. 
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: November 13, 2017, 02:10 AM »
SOME GUY.

Poor Ezekiel.

Hated the nerd Negan...Nerdgan? They made these guys to be creeps and jerks a bit too much. Why was he outside the gate?  He stops to gloat when there's walkers a stone's throw away. He gets the death he deserved.

Carol's hero armor in full effect. Ans stupid Saviors keep firing at the same spots as they have her pinned, wasting ammo and accomplishing nothing, because even if she pokes her head up...she's got the anointment.  She is graced, because she had no way of knowing that electric gate was functioning.

So the guns in the hummer knew they'd be followed and then unboxed a machine gun as they drove off...or something.

Daryl and Rick's hero a in effect, too! Daryl's got the dead aim while on a  moving motorcycle being shot at! (Yes, I know it's a tv show...)

But no running vehicle for Carol, Jerry and Ezekiel? I doubt all those saviors had was the humvee and a pick-up since there were  ten of them.  Even if so, not sure why they are in a hurry to leave anyway, given Ezekiel's wounds. The two remaining baddies bugged out. But let's journey across the treacherous countryside anyway!

Goodbye, CGI tiger. We couldn't afford ya!

Now that the other two black men have been put through hell, we got Gabriel next week....maybe.