Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558016 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2220 on: December 3, 2017, 11:28 PM »
When Eugene becomes a more compelling character than Rick. LOL.

Eugene's original plan was flawed, who's to say the snipers wouldn't have shot that drone plane down?

Rick is gonna be right, Daryl's actions will polarize the workers of the Sanctuary into wanting revenge on Rick and allies.

Rick gets the junkyard twits on his side...maybe? He should've killed that #&^$*! Or they should've killed him. What's with their spike headed walker fetish?

Is Father Gabriel gonna die? No one got sick before from wearing the guts.

Big shocker next week! Is if Gabriel turning walker and eating someone? Jesus turns out to be, well, Jesus? Col. Kilgore arrives his copters and loves the smell of burning zombies in the morning? Judith speaks? The Umbrella Corporation arrives?
« Last Edit: December 3, 2017, 11:29 PM by Scockery »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2221 on: December 4, 2017, 08:11 AM »
The chances of somebody shooting down a small drone like that mid-flight are minuscule.  There's no way Dwight drops it with his hand gun.  Just bad writing.

It's a shame Eugene wussed-out on fingering Dwight to Negan.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: December 4, 2017, 09:12 AM »
Well...filler episode, or not???  I have no idea.

I know it's a zombie show and you have to suspend belief, but good lord, shooting down a drone with bullets?  I won't get into the difficulty level...that's why anti-aircraft artillery/missiles explode(s) and sends out shrapnel and why bird hunters use shotguns.

Anyway, Darrel's move was dumb and bone headed methinks, but we shall see.

But I do wonder if Eugene has an ulterior motive in not fingering Dwight?  I wonder if he's going to try and take down Negan from the inside?  It would make sense because he's the idiotic genius. 

I'm curious as to what will happen next week.  The story has been "interesting" this season.  Not great, not bad, but at least it's going and we aren't constantly listening to people complain and then make speeches.  We actually get some action.  However, I'd love to see some zombie slaying.  I wonder if Negan is ever going to appear as a bad person again, or will he keep being the nice guy that he's been this season?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: December 4, 2017, 01:01 PM »
Drone wasn't that far away  ;)...okay, here's  the other real problem with that scene, if Rick's peeps got snipers covering that building, are they under orders not to shoot Eugene or Dwight?  If they didn't see them, then, crap...they didn't really have the building covered, do they?

Eugene is inherently a coward most concerned about his own survival and that's why he didn't out Dwight when Dwight entered the room (according the actor who plays him on Talking Dead).  There's the conflict of him, Negan gave him respect and luxuries, but he knows Negan is a murderous tyrant.  Doing the right thing and helping his former traveling companions  is more likely to get Eugene killed at this point. Instincts vs ethics.

I appreciated that Gabriel mentioned that the dead are walking and maybe that's a sign that skeptical Eugene should be thinking there's more to existence than protecting his own hide.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2017, 01:03 PM by Scockery »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: December 10, 2017, 11:16 PM »
Mid-season fiasco...er...finale.

It's a toss up which side is stupider, but at this point the "good guys" are ahead, not by much...as Negan's still using his people are resource tactic against people openly at war with him, instead of just killing them all. Speaking of people, just how many Saviors are there? Enough to divide into 3 strong teams and leave enough to defend the Sanctuary. 

Maggie's just let this truck pull ahead of us and the saviors get out, instead of shooting them immediately. Jerry would die, but Simon would die, too....that's a fine trade off.

Rick's plan with the junkyard goofs really paid off.  ::)

Aaron and Enid are morons.  (The writing on the show is thus, if we cannot think of a thing supporting character to do, have them do something really stupid.)

King Ezekiel...why give yourself up? Guilt? Retardation? Guiltardation?  :P

The Saviors have grenade launchers or the most dangerous flare guns ever?  ??? (I may have to rewatch)

Speaking of which, Negan has you surrounded. Time to toss molotov cocktails over the wall at him. Why even have the wall? It's failed against everything at this point.

Dwight bungles things and gets himself shot and exposed. Yeah, he's officially with Rick now in more ways than one.

"Solar panels, we could've used those," says Negan like he's never been to Alexandria before. Or was this highlighting his terrible plan?

Rick and Negan fail to kill each other.

Biggest surprise...the leader of the Claimers is back and he's got the red machete, whose side will be on...oh, right.

For the mid season premiere, I expect the Army Copter to arrive and deliver the cure. Or the Cure to arrive and play a USO (Undead Service Organization) Show for the Walkers.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:18 PM by Scockery »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2225 on: December 11, 2017, 01:32 PM »
I'm most annoyed by the fact that Rick's daughter looks like she's 3 years old now, while Maggie doesn't even have a hint of a baby bump.

Overall it was a decent finale.  I wish they'd shown the Saviors escaping instead of just telling us it happened.  Would have been more interesting.  Big surprise with Carl.  Is that something that happened in the comics?

Ezekiel had to give himself up to lock the doors behind his people.  It was a good moment, IMO.

And what a colossally bad way to get Oceanside on their side...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: December 11, 2017, 02:01 PM »
Carl thing did not happen in comics
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: December 11, 2017, 03:06 PM »
I'm so sick and tired of Negan and his guys going around acting cocky and wasteful with stuff.  At this point, anybody could knock those clowns off if they had a bit of sense.  Rick's group should have already handled this situation long before it go to where it is...but where is the drama in that? 

Why did Rick just enter his house and start banging around and calling out.  He knew who was around and should have acted as such.

Carl, I did, but didn't see that coming.

Judith?  Seriously, who was watching her play by the lake?  How did she get so big so quick?  I guess in the zombie apocalypse they have HGH readily available and it's even mutated.

Really, it wasn't a bad episode and I'm nit-picking at this point.  But, the entire Negan and his crew being supermen is nuts.

But I degress...it's (was) a show about zombies.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2228 on: December 11, 2017, 04:14 PM »
The way Gimple danced around the "Carl has been bitten" plot point on Talking dead has me starting to think that it's another "Glenn hiding under the dumpster" moment in the show.

If they do that, I'm going to be a bit pissed.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: December 11, 2017, 04:17 PM »
Maggie is like Joe's wife on Family Guy who was preggers forever.

Carl was bitten by a Whisperer pretending to be a zombie....yeah, that's it.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: December 12, 2017, 09:18 AM »
Ugh.  So the entire last season and a half and we are right back to where we were.  The bloom is definitely off this rose ala Lost Season 3.  Ratings will continue to tumble after this nonsense.

SOONER OR LATER IF DANIEL-SAN DOES NOT WHIP JOHNNY'S ASS PEOPLE WILL LOSE INTEREST.

This episode should have been the end of Neagan and crew and they should have moved onto something new after the break.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: December 27, 2017, 12:20 PM »
My hope is that in the rest of the battle they burn down Alexandria, Hilltop, The Kingdom, and The Sanctuary, and force the crew to venture back out on the road and experience new challenges.  Things have gotten very stale and they need to inject something new.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2232 on: February 14, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Me: I think the Walking Dead is just running on inertia at this point...

My friend: No way, they still have plenty of great comic material to work from!

TWD: "Naked zombies, that's what the people want!"

My friend: Yeah, I see your point about TWD.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: February 14, 2018, 02:49 PM »
Literally would not surprise me if they rolled out zombie babies and zombie cats and dogs at this point. The writers seem to be regressing with every season now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: February 14, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Well, they do have a lot of cool comic material still to get to.  Seems like there are some ideas beyond that (Nekkid zombies, Morgan time travelling, etc.) that are taking priority for some reason.  I still don't understand why big brands like this don't have a team of a dozen or so super-fans to run ideas past and tell them when one of their ideas is super ridiculous.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today