Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557809 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2355 on: November 7, 2018, 11:13 AM »
I think with Rick gone it just didn't make sense to keep the same story going. Especially with ratings dropping. Now they can go a million directions. I'm looking forward to it
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: November 7, 2018, 02:57 PM »
This was a much better send off than I expected.  I thought we'd see the end of Rick for sure at several points.  I love that we got a bit of Force-ghosting with Shane, Hershel, and even Abraham.  Only thing missing was a Glenn (or Lori) cameo, which would have made the most sense with the Maggie/Negan backstory going on.  I don't love the time jumps, and didn't like them in the comics either, but whatever.  Aged Judith looks pretty kick butt, and this allows time for the Fear crew to join up with them if they want to go that direction.  I like the potential for upcoming movies too.

SPOILER ALERT - Matt, I don't think everyone here knows the next phase of the comic storyline, so maybe ixnay on the hisperersway.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: November 7, 2018, 03:48 PM »
Only thing missing was a Glenn (or Lori) cameo,

I figured Carl was a shoe-in for one of those scenes. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2358 on: November 7, 2018, 08:09 PM »
Yeah no carl and Lori was kinda odd I thot.  I was oddly happy with how that all turned out honestly.  I wasn’t taking Rick’s “demise” well and was pondering bailing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: November 11, 2018, 11:02 PM »
Oh, boy 6 year leap forward, 6 steps back.

Michonne is still brooding after 6 years sans Rick. And she had his baby? And mystery scar, because we needed that, right, another flashback mystery?

Michonne seems to have the most influence in Alexandria, yet, shouldn't it be Aaron who rules with an iron fist.  :P

These new peeps are suspicious...besides maybe the how-is-he-that-overweight-in-the-apocalypse guy, they seem too well groomed.

It's the "Gabriel gets some season" He and Rosita don't work. It just doesn't. Out of nowhere 'shipping is a sign of desperation.

Ex-Sanctuarians were killing and robbing folks for years and just now stopped by Queen Carol. I guess they wanted a loose end tied up and to remind us that she is still bad-arse.

Gun-toting Judith probably makes a lot viewers uncomfortable. Let's hope she didn't find some Slender Man fiction from the pre-apocalypse.

"I can't hear their voices anymore" (or something). Go watch their "transparency tapes" from when they arrived in Alexandria! (Or did Negan take those?)

Take our only doctor on a slow wagon ride to Hilltop just him, Michonne and 5 strangers. What could go wrong?

"Wheeeerreeee arrrre they?" Must the aliens who started the undead plague.  ;)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: November 12, 2018, 01:27 AM »
I forgot how much I hate your immediately after each episode posts.

Let's let the time jump have a few episodes before we determine how good or bad it is. Did you know how terrible "Resistance" would be from the first minute teaser trailer too? Of course there will be some "mop up" scenes that don't totally fit six years later. News flash the episode from six years earlier was only just on last week.

They need a bad ass but "thinking to the future" Grimes. Let's see how the little kid does. And who Gabriel is dating was my number two concern on this show behind Rick so just like you it's number one now.

I'm glad the Whisperers are here. The aftermath of the fair is where I've fallen behind in the comics.

I do agree all these person or two caravans are a bad idea. Also wouldn't Michonne have had a watch on hidden knife lady's group?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:28 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: November 12, 2018, 10:36 AM »
I'm not a comics guy, and don't want it spoiled, but the one thing that gets me suspicious about "new people" is that it just doesn't seem all that plausible that groups of people could easily travel large distances and survive.  I would think 10-ish years in to the apocalypse you're either walled up with a working farm or you're dead.  There wouldn't be much for weapons left to scrounge, there wouldn't be any food left to scrounge (other than hunting/fishing, and stumbling on an apple tree), and walking hundreds of miles and staying safe doesn't seem all that realistic. 

I'm not sure what that means from this group, if they've been sent to infiltrate, or if they've just been lucky enough to have been on the run for weeks, survived, and stumbled on a functioning community that didn't just kill them outright.

I'm interested to see if the time jump, new characters, and whisperers (I don't even know what that implies - and don't tell me) brings some new compelling plot lines to the show.  This first episode was fine, and I do love seeing Carol be a bad ass ;)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: November 12, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Last night's episode...meh...

It felt very much like a reboot where they were trying to keep the story line going.  I know that was needed by removing Rick from the equation.  I'm not sure how I feel about the time jump for the second time this season.

I did like seeing Carol roast the former Saviors.  That was pretty cool, but why in the world would those guys still be floating around 3-4 years later?  I'd have thought they'd have been killed off or just vacated the area.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: November 12, 2018, 10:40 AM »
Just wanted to make sure everyone did hear the "don't let them get away" at the end. I remember thinking the comics  jumped the shark at first with the similar happening there. I'll keep it at that.

Also Eugene's comment about the herd making a, I forget his words, but out of the norm u turn to double back on Rosita and him
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:45 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2364 on: November 12, 2018, 11:38 AM »
I'm not a comics guy, and don't want it spoiled, but the one thing that gets me suspicious about "new people" is that it just doesn't seem all that plausible that groups of people could easily travel large distances and survive.  I would think 10-ish years in to the apocalypse you're either walled up with a working farm or you're dead.  There wouldn't be much for weapons left to scrounge, there wouldn't be any food left to scrounge (other than hunting/fishing, and stumbling on an apple tree), and walking hundreds of miles and staying safe doesn't seem all that realistic. 

I'm not sure what that means from this group, if they've been sent to infiltrate, or if they've just been lucky enough to have been on the run for weeks, survived, and stumbled on a functioning community that didn't just kill them outright.

I'm interested to see if the time jump, new characters, and whisperers (I don't even know what that implies - and don't tell me) brings some new compelling plot lines to the show.  This first episode was fine, and I do love seeing Carol be a bad ass ;)

Dave, the show has diverted from the comics so much at this point, I wouldn't worry too much about spoilers.  I definitely see parallels between storylines and certain story arcs being moved to different characters, but it's more like the show is a what if version of the comics at this point.  That being said, I will definitely help you out with the requisite possible spoiler warnings when needed.

Overall, I liked last night's episode.  It looks like the cooperation between the communities has all but dissipated with the "death" of Rick Grimes.  I have a sinking feeling that Negan has one of Michonne's kidneys.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: November 12, 2018, 11:59 AM »

Don't read them then.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: November 12, 2018, 01:12 PM »

Don't read them then.

That is some sound advice.

I will also say that I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said I didn't mean what I said but I could have been less of a douche about it
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:15 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: November 19, 2018, 10:54 AM »
So what we've learned from last night's episode:

- Maggie has left Hilltop and is running around with Georgie...most likely building the commonwealth.

- Darryl has been living like a hermit for 6 years, and has been looking for Rick, or at least his body.

- Michonne and Maggie had some sort of falling out, which apparently caused the 4 communities to isolate themselves.  Alexandria has isolated themselves even more than the Kingdom, Hilltop and Oceanside.

- Aaron and Jesus have started their own secret fight club....even my wife was wondering if they are going to kiss!

Pretty good episode last night.  Next week's should have a pretty good cliffhanger.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: November 20, 2018, 09:33 AM »
I'm interested to see what the "X" scars mean (don't tell me if you know from the comics).

Michonne showed one two weeks ago on her lower back, and Darryl had two that he showed this week - one on his lower back and one on his shoulder.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: November 20, 2018, 11:10 AM »
I have no clue what they are Dave....I don't believe they were in the comics.  At first I thought Michonne donated a Kidney to someone (Negan), but after seeing the scars on Darryl and his unwillingness to talk about them....I have no clue right now.
This is the way.

I have spoken.