Author Topic: The Minor Upgrades You'd Actually Like To See  (Read 12682 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: The Minor Upgrades You'd Actually Like To See
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 10:09 AM »
Greg, I just noticed that this last post put your posts total at 1138 (nerd-alert for me noticing).

Anyways, I would really like a 2 pack of Jawas, using any of the recent sculpts that have been put out. I really need more of those guys. That's really only a packaging change though.

We could also use a ROTS Chewie of the same caliber of the recent Chewbacca figures. From what I can tell, we just need a smoother fur headsculpt and possibly a few highlights on the fur itself. Obviously Chewie hasn't been able to find a proper salon and colorist since he left Kashyyk.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but Skiff guard Lando would definitely benefit from balljointed legs and arms. The sculpt is great, but the poseability is sub-par.

While I'm on it, there's a few figures from that era that could use added articulation while keeping their design (Bib Fortuna and Boussh Leia come to mind).

I have to say though, my biggest wish for an upgrade is in the plastic itself. My Super Battle Droids, Battle Droids and General Grievous fall over all the time. It's so ridiculous that I'm genuinely surprised to walk into my office and not see them in fallen domino formation. I'm actually considering building an armature for Grievous to keep him upright.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:10 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 03:10 PM »
I have to say though, my biggest wish for an upgrade is in the plastic itself. My Super Battle Droids, Battle Droids and General Grievous fall over all the time. It's so ridiculous that I'm genuinely surprised to walk into my office and not see them in fallen domino formation. I'm actually considering building an armature for Grievous to keep him upright.

Man, you hit this one on the head. I'd have bought MORE BDs and SBDs if the plastic was stiffer.

One upgrade I'd like however is a DOWNGRADE in price. It's ridiculous that the Vintage figures are priced $10.

Less bubble, less accessories. No pack-in feature like the Build A Droid parts. Plain and simple there is NO reason we should be paying a few bucks more for these than the Animated figures.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 03:43 PM »
I think one character could make the list/criteria for this thread the most...

Lando.

-VOTC Lando could use ball-jointed elbows, and a removable cape feature.  Also a clip-on wrist cell phone.

-Skiff Guard Lando could use knees, ankles...  I could see him sporting ball-jointed hips too, as he's pretty action-y.

-General Lando could use knees, ankles, and his other arm articulated, plus a cloth cape.

That's three Lando figures that could all use minor tweaks/upgrades to make "new" figures, and I'd gladlly buy any of them.  One's coming along I guess, but Lando sorta got hosed as a character.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 05:53 PM »
OTC Lobot - needs articulated legs
VTSC Sand People - needs ball jointed elbows
POTF2 2-1B - needs articulated arms/wrists
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 07:23 PM »
All Jedi figures would come super articulated (absolutely no swivel jointed elbows) with softgood skirt pieces.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 11:58 PM »
I think 2-1B almost needs a new figure though.  At least I can't see Hasbro going back to the POTF2 figure and just giving him new arms/legs...  which I'd totally be into.  I thought the POTF2 figure was great.  They seemingly are abandoning the truly old stuff though.

That's two votes for the Sandperson now, and I agree...  I love the Vinty one, no doubt, but ball-jointed arms and I'd probably buy 6 more of him to add to the 20 or so I have of the vintage figure.  I just love that sculpt.

OTC Lobot crossed my mind too, Jayson, when I was writing the Lando's post.  It made me question hasbro going back to a guy who's insanely boring, but I'd rebuy him with articulated legs.  Even leaving the arms as-is, I'd still rebuy for some poseable running/disco action.

I agree on the Jedi, Matt.  It's a matter of getting Hasbro to upgrade many, many Jedi though. :)

Jedi, like army builders, should be super articulated figures in my opinion.  No skimping, all ball-jointed.  Hasbro proved even the torso looks great on Jedi because of the robes.  I like when they have the hip articulation too.  It adds a lot to such acrobatic characters.

I'd like to see it more often on other army builders too though...  Not just armored guys, but expanded.  I can live without it, but it's nice to have.  It adds to realistic posing, for sure.  The best way to get a character tos it naturally, and to kneel...  kneeling's not an easy pose to pull off on a lot of figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 12:44 AM »
OTC Lobot crossed my mind too, Jayson, when I was writing the Lando's post.  It made me question hasbro going back to a guy who's insanely boring

>:(

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 02:54 AM »
Well...  yeah, it would add to the duplex I guess.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 06:00 AM »
I'd like to see the battle droid two pack ROTS style with a pilot and security droid. If they can make those arms swivel for a two handed blaster grip it would be a plus.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Repaints on the battledroid 2-pack would be nice.  I'd personally like to see it as just plain tan ones too...  then tan/commander...  then pilot/security.  A double plain red would be nice too.

I've only seen the current pack twice though, so I doubt I'd have much luck seeing those other proposed ones often.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 06:39 PM »
I'd honestly be down for a Grievous with two arms, that didn't separate. The new Vinty one is cool and all, but you can't do anything with him when the arms are connected. Maybe modify the sculpt so you can pose him hunching over.

Oh, and Blue Jango too.

Well...  yeah, it would add to the duplex I guess.

I'm pretty sure Virex killed off the Duplex and told us all to get lives and move on...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 09:34 AM »
I would be down for that Grievous too...and I'll have to repeat, sturdier plastic.

I'd also like to see a VOTC syle Han with the new ball jointed hips ala Bespin Luke and ROTJ Luke.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 11:52 AM »
Repaints on the battledroid 2-pack would be nice.  I'd personally like to see it as just plain tan ones too...  then tan/commander...  then pilot/security.  A double plain red would be nice too.

I've only seen the current pack twice though, so I doubt I'd have much luck seeing those other proposed ones often.

Totally with you on this one Jesse.

I want to build up my BD army even more. The 2-pcaks you mentioned would be very welcome. More Reds for sure and I like the Security/Pilot idea too. I don't need too many of them, so getting them together would be excellent, then I can go nuts on the tan sets and red sets without having unwanted duplicates of the security or pilot BDs.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 09:24 PM »
I'd love to finally see a SA Asajj Ventress, full-out. Hasbro came so close in the CP release.

Also, a SA Quinlan Vos, in the outfit from the '07 CP.

SA ANH Leia, with ball-jointed elbows, as well. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 08:07 PM »
Just thought of him...

Training Clone Trooper.

Ditch those completely stupid lower legs, please.  Why on earth did they sculpt those ankles posed like that?

And some ball-jointed arms wouldn't hurt.

And a blue deco of him wouldn't hurt either.

And if they're feeling really sassy, include removable realistic style CLone Training armor like the recent Clone Wars episode had, with the open-faced helmets.  That'd be kind of slick, even if it was just to set beside him like he's getting ready to train or something.