Author Topic: The Minor Upgrades You'd Actually Like To See  (Read 12680 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Upgrades You'd Actually Like To See
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 12:11 AM »
I think there needs to be a new ANH Tatooine Luke, or at least the one from the Resurgence of the Jedi Battle Pack needs an individual carded release.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2010, 02:12 PM »
I think there needs to be a new ANH Tatooine Luke, or at least the one from the Resurgence of the Jedi Battle Pack needs an individual carded release.

As an upgrade to the TSC release, with the poncho, hat, and lightsaber? Yes, please! They could reuse the 'Luke - Farmboy' cardback used in the VOTC.

The DS Escape cuts it close, but the Stormtrooper belt annoys me.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 05:41 PM »
I would like to see Owen on a card with ANH colors. I believe it is an inevitable upgrade. I wouold like to see it on vintage card though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 01:32 AM »
He's one of those ones that makes sense I think, on a TVC card...

Luke I'd like to see too, but I agree that it's really just to see the Farmboy LUke available on a basic card using the new sculpt.

Ideally, he'd have the chest from Obi-Wan's, a the hat, the rifle, the macrobinoculars...  a training remote would be wishful thinking too, as an accessory, but I figure if they did the Thermal Detonator for Leia, they can do Luke's training remote.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 11:07 AM »
I'd like to see a better Endor Leia that can be easily repurposed as a rebel General Leia. The one from a few years ago was decent, but I'd like to see ball jointed arms and a better belt for under the poncho.

I would also love to see the Endor trooper rereleased with a soft goods vest instead of the trenchcoat, as well as a new head with no ******* goatee.

I'm not sure how it was for you guys, but the recent slave Leia was pretty impossible to find. I never saw her in stores, but luckily managed to get one from Hasbrotoyshop...then she disappeared. It would be great to see a rerelease of this on a vintage card. Possibly with a chain?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Yeah.  Maybe a chain, and without the sitting legs, just so us people who found her last year can be bettter than the rest of you.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 11:30 PM »
She's one of those ones, like a Tarkin, Fleet Trooper, Wedge, etc., that I think people anlmost universally would like to see on a vintage card simply because it never happened in the original line but "should have" to many.

There are this handful of figures that people inevitably customized when I was young and the modern line didn't exist...  Slave Leia was the advanced effort, but she was one a lot of people tried.  Fleet Trooper, Capt. Antilles, Wedge, Dak, Different colored astromechs, Stormie Han, Imperial Scanner technicians, Black DS Troopers, Grey Imperial Officers, Tarkin (using the one Black Hole figure's head was quite popular on this), Rem. Helmet Vader, Hoth Rebels in white, Hangar Tech Rebels, and a variety of Cantina guys like Bom Vimdin, Dr. E., Wuher, Yerka Mig, Tonnika's, etc. 

There was just this list of figures that people would often try before the modern line came out...  The more complex the less tried them, but figures like rem. helmet Vader were where I learned how to use my dremel to hollow parts out, haha.  Lots of Slave Leia's tried...  Not so many looked great, but some were really impressive by those who could sculpt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2010, 12:21 AM »
vtsc Luke Pilot needs an update: better torso definition, longer legs; he could reach the height of tvc Jedi Luke (Endor Capture), another head sculpt for him would be great. Hasbro must soften his pointy chin.

If they want to sell this in a single carded will be nice: UBP Luke pilot from Hoth, with corrected lightsaber and shin guards on his boots.

-Correct tac16 Vader with Obi cloak, replace his head for Shaw´s.
-Do a new slave Leia based on tlc (this figure is cool) but could be improved with thiner shoulders (is like tlc Endor capture Luke torso and shoulders corrected a bit slimmer from 2009 to 2010). This leia update would be ok with longer legs.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 10:54 PM »
They should upgrade smuggler Lando with better arms and a better head. The original release was flop at retail and with fans, but...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2011, 01:04 PM »
Didn't know which thread to put this in, but it should fit here well enough...

The minor upgrade I'd like to see is for all current and future Clone helmets to be molded in plastic that isn't immediately yellow or green when it's not supposed to be.  The plain ROTS white Clone helmets being yellow could have been chalked up to a "bad batch" or something, but for this to be continuing on both the 212th Clone and the "new" Stormtrooper is ridiculous, especially with the price increases and the supposed "highest quality" tag that the Vintage Collection carries. 

The 212th Clone is my favorite color scheme/design from ROTS, and I'd have happily bought several of the figure instead of just one had the helmet not looked so bad.  I wonder if Hasbro will have this fixed on the (apparently now shipping) AOTC-era Clone or the upcoming 501st Legion Clone, or if we'll continue to have the "Accidental Green" Clone squadron in the coming months.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 02:15 AM »
This, to me, should be standard if the figure is $4.99 or $10.99 and Hasbro shouldn't accept this for this many separate waves of figures...  It's gone on long enough I cannot imagine any reasonable scenario where they just weren't aware...  It's certainly a major quality control issue.

My only guess is they're using cheaper materials, though it's rare plastic deteorates this fast on anything, so I question if it's even actual deteoration, or if the plastic itself is this color and it's not pure white.  I can't even think of it happening this fast on knock-off toys and such.