Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 14 (Wal-Mart exclusive)  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics Wave 14 (Wal-Mart exclusive)
« on: February 8, 2010, 11:47 AM »
Sounds like Wave 14 has/will be announced in an upcoming Toy Fare, and will be shown at Toy Fair.  Here's the lineup:

Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
Obsidian
Hourman
Gold
Kamandi
Zatanna
Tyr

Ultra Humanite BAF

I'm really psyched about Zatanna, as I'm a fan of that character and was hoping we'd see her soon.  I'd also probably pick up Alan Scott and maybe Kamandi.  Not sure about the others, but I'm in a bind again because I'd like to get the Ultra Humanite BAF, which I'm sure will be spiffy.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Classics Wave 14 (Wal-Mart exclusive)
« Reply #1 on: February 8, 2010, 12:03 PM »
Wow, I'm not a fan of any of those.  Kamandi?  Really?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2010, 12:18 PM »
Just an update to my earlier post, there are apparently some picture links in the Fwoosh forums (HERE)...and later in that thread it is confirmed that this will be this year's Wal-Mart exclusive wave (and no variants apparently).

Looking at those pics, the entire wave looks pretty nicely done once again.  Although I am familiar with all the characters, I can't say I necessarily need all of them - but darn that Collect and Connect Ultra Humanite that I want ;).  I am surprised with how obscure Mattel has been able to get with this line in these waves.  Granted, this is an exclusive wave apparently, but unless you count Alan Scott or Zatanna - this really doesn't have an "anchor" figure at all.  They continue to do great work though.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2010, 12:21 PM by Brian »

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 8, 2010, 12:38 PM »
Zatanna and Humanite get a "hell yes" from me.  Otherwise...not really interested in the others.  They do look nice though.

John

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 9, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Sigh.  I really wish this line would start putting out crappy figures, because then I could pass on a few of them and not expend so much effort/$$$ hunting them down.  Although most of these characters are not "A-listers", it's still an awesome wave.  And the figures are all really well done.  I am amazed at how varied the line-up is.  But I wish they would finish some teams before starting new ones.  We're already at wave 14, and most toy lines don't seem to last much longer then this.  It would be quite sad to have the line end before finishing up some of the super-teams.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 9, 2010, 11:43 AM »
Sigh.  I really wish this line would start putting out crappy figures, because then I could pass on a few of them and not expend so much effort/$$$ hunting them down.  Although most of these characters are not "A-listers", it's still an awesome wave.  And the figures are all really well done.  I am amazed at how varied the line-up is.  But I wish they would finish some teams before starting new ones.  We're already at wave 14, and most toy lines don't seem to last much longer then this.  It would be quite sad to have the line end before finishing up some of the super-teams.

That's the thing with this line, although it is on wave 14, I don't know that it shows any signs of slowing down.  I don't know how sales have been, but it always seems like the majority of figures sell well online - and are next to impossible to find in the stores.  I think Mattel really had the advantage of seeing what worked/didn't work with the Marvel Legends line (under Toy Biz in particular).  They've really spread things out pretty well.  They've gotten quite obscure in figure choices, especially in recent waves, and there are still a number of "big guns" left to get to.  Plus, we haven't seen a constant stream of Batmen/Supermen, like we thought we would.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 01:47 AM »
Looks like wave 14 is the next Walmart wave.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 01:08 PM »
Looks like wave 14 is the next Walmart wave.

Glad to hear that as I can never find those waves!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 08:00 AM »
Seems there are sporadic sightings of the wave 14 happening, so I guess it's time to start hunting those Walmarts.

The lineup in case anyone forgot:

Alan Scott
Hourman
Obsidian
Zatanna
Kamundi
Gold
Tyr

Collect and Connect is Ultra Humanite.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Mikey, I was wondering if these would be hitting sometime soon.  DCUC is so hit and miss around here (the WM exclusive stuff in particular) so hopefully they'll be somewhat easy to find.  Although, like always, the entire wave looks great - I'm primarily looking for Zatanna (although the Ultra Humanite CnC would be nice).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 11:52 AM »
I actually saw a few figures from this wave this weekend at our local WM.  The pegs are general pretty full there with Wave 13, but I was able to find the one figure I really wanted from this wave, Zatanna.  I also saw Kamandi and Tyr, but that was about it.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 09:42 AM »
Found one lone Hourman on the pegs this week. Picked him up, hopefully can find the rest.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 04:25 PM »
All I've seen so far is a single Zatanna and Hourman, but I have set coming from a guy on RS.  With any luck it'll be here today or tomorrow.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 08:49 AM »
I found Alan, Zatanna and Tyr last week at the second of three Walmarts I've checked.

It was the day before Thanksgiving a year ago that I found wave 10 after a tip over at the fwoosh.  Hoping for something similar today.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 7, 2010, 09:48 PM »
If anyone has an extra right leg for the ultra-humanite that they don't need, please let me know.  Mine suffers from the all too familiar Mattel "quality control".  The seam in the front is split, and while the leg is functional it looks terrible.  Drop me a message, and I would be happy to paypal you a few dollars for the leg/shipping/trouble.