Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 24548 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« on: February 13, 2010, 11:19 AM »
I'm hoping we see a few new things at Toy Fair this weekend for the DCUC line.  I'm sure we'll see this wave, and probably the two previous, but hopefully we'll get a glimpse at a little something more as well.  I know they sometimes like to save stuff for NYCC as well though, so we'll see if that happens this year or not.

As a side note, I broke down an ordered the rest of the figures to complete Kilowog.  Like Mikey mentioned earlier in this thread, they (at least the ones I needed) were all Green Lantern related anyways - and I hoped to get to them eventually - so I went ahead and ordered them.  They should be here Monday, excited to see Kilowog when completed.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 10:00 PM »
I want to see more of the Retro Cloth Line....

I got the Green Arrow, but I really want to see they have planned.  I just wish they could get all the characters they had back in the Mego days...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 06:09 PM »
Not much for pictures yet that I've seen, but it sounds like Wal-Mart will be getting an exclusive 5 pack including the following:

Guy Gardner
Tomar Re
Hal Jordan (with grey temples)
John Stewart (Mosaic costume)
Sinestro (in GL costume)

Kind of nice to see some more Lanterns on the way, but all the WM exclusives sure make it a pain.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 06:14 PM »
They only had Guy and Tomar on display (2-ups of each) but both looked fabulous.  :)

Sounds like John and Hal are just simple repaints.  Sinestro will use the Hal body with the existing Sinestro head.

I don't know if we will get my Mattel/DC pics up today, but they'll get posted eventually...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #4 on: March 1, 2010, 03:45 PM »
Just got the Darkseid wave yesterday.  Another awesome wave - the figures are all really well done.  I didn't really care about Darkseid, as I was very happy with the DC Superheroes one.  Now that they're side by side, I really like the new one.  He's a touch big, but the old one was a bit too small.  So while neither are perfect I think the new one is an improvement.

Looking forward to Trigon.  Not looking forward to hunting down Ultra-Humanite.  Curious to see what comes next.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #5 on: March 4, 2010, 03:37 PM »
I only have Hawkman and Hawkwoman from this line, and I have been resisting it so far, but I need that Spectre and now that they are making Metal Men, I'll have to grab those also.  Oh, and any DCU vs MOTU they make.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #6 on: March 8, 2010, 10:34 AM »
I mentioned this in the JLU thread, but I noticed our local Target (post reset) has DCUC priced at $14.99 now.  I know Target is sometimes known for setting higher prices (particularly right after a reset), and then lowering them, but if other retailers follow suit that is getting a bit spendy.  Wal-Mart here seems to not be carrying DCUC (again) currently, and TRU just has a ton of Captain Colds on the pegs.  I've pretty much always ordered DCUC online (aside from exclusives), and will likely continue to, but it is a sad state at retail here currently.  If the prices are going to be $15-20 a figure, I'll get even more selective with this line that I already was.  It is too bad really, because it is some of the most consistently good work in the action figure area these days I think.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #7 on: March 8, 2010, 01:27 PM »
$15 here as well.  That's likely enough to drive me away as I've already completed the lineup of nearly all DC characters that I want.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Any chance anyone has some Darkseid BAF parts they don't need? I am more than happy to pay for shipping and and a few extra bucks for the parts. 
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 11:24 PM »
$15 here as well.  That's likely enough to drive me away as I've already completed the lineup of nearly all DC characters that I want.

Saw wave 11 today at our TRU and they're up to $19.99 (so $22.38 after taxes)  :o  I decided to be done with these a while ago but ouch.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 02:32 PM »
$20?  Wow, I thought Target was outrageous at $16.  That's crazy.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 11:10 AM »
Yeah, the prices have really been getting out of hand lately for this line.  I mean, I guess it isn't entirely out of line when I see Marvel Universe figures for $8, Justice League Unlimited for $9, and others.  I guess Star Wars doesn't seem quite as bad anymore at $7.  Our local stores have all been around the $15-$16 range, but it really is getting pricey.  I've been slowing down a bit on these anyways, and the price hikes will probably cause me to do that even more so - as awesome as they are.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 05:20 PM »
We were at TRU today and I checked the DCUC pegs and noticed they were filled with "All Star" figures - but they were all Green Lantern (8 of them, actually).  I'm glad they are keeping some of the "best of the best" of the big names out there, but that seemed a little skewed and I have a hard time believing everything else sold but GL.  Are they putting solid cases out there of him (or maybe just at TRU?)  Anyways, I do hope they continue to do this All-Star re-releases every so often, and mix in something like last year's WM exclusive Joker and others in the future.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 01:31 PM »
TRU has exclusive of GL, Flah, and Batman. I believe they are full cases of each. They have different paint jobs
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #14 on: June 3, 2010, 02:29 PM »
I forgot to mention that I saw one of the WM exclusive 2 packs with the repainted Batman and Robin.  I was half tempted to pick one up, but it was $30, and it just felt a little too steep for what it was.  Sure, $15 each is the going rate for DCUC now, but I figured I'd just hold out for a Dick Grayson Robin instead.