Collectibles > LEGO

Lego 2011

<< < (9/10) > >>

Diddly:
The new LEGO sets look great and the LEGO bug is starting to bite me again since Hasbro distribution is so bad... only bad thing is that I have other versions of most of these sets and only want the updated minifigs. Decisions, decisions...

DoctorPadawan:

--- Quote from: Diddly on July 25, 2011, 02:32 PM ---The new LEGO sets look great and the LEGO bug is starting to bite me again since Hasbro distribution is so bad... only bad thing is that I have other versions of most of these sets and only want the updated minifigs. Decisions, decisions...

--- End quote ---

Same here.  I started out buying the Lego Star Wars stuff when it was first released, but because of Hasbro cranking out 50 million things a year, I stopped buying them between Episodes I and II, aside from grabbing the Boba Fett-related stuff.  In my then-completist mind, I thought it would be best if I sold all of the old sets so I wouldn't be tempted to buy more.  Needless to say, I regret that decision.  Even though the majority of those sets have been redone in far superior versions, I find myself kind of wishing that I'd gone the other direction and dropped the Hasbro stuff in favor of the Lego stuff.

I'm still not going full-bore into the Lego SW stuff, but I've kind of made amends with my completist mentality (in that it doesn't exist anymore, and I can pick and choose what to get).  I've grabbed a few of the newer sets (namely the Bounty Hunter Gunship, the Sith Nightspeeder, General Grievous' Starfighter, and the Geonosian Starfighter) and they really are a lot of fun.  There's also that sense of accomplishment you get from completing a Lego model that, in all honesty, isn't there when you're done assembling a Hasbro vehicle (no matter how cool it might be).

The new Republic Frigate and the Anakin/Sebulba Pod sets are what is tempting me at this very moment.  I'm hoping that, despite the slight TRU markup, they have another BOGO50%off sale soon so I can grab both of them at a slightly reduced price.

Jayson:

--- Quote from: Jayson on April 13, 2011, 08:14 AM ---Super Star Destroyer revealed

--- End quote ---

Coming soon on Lego.com

Mikey D:

--- Quote from: Jayson on August 10, 2011, 04:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jayson on April 13, 2011, 08:14 AM ---Super Star Destroyer revealed

--- End quote ---

Coming soon on Lego.com

--- End quote ---

My wife (and by extension my boys) went way above the call of duty and got me this bad boy for my birthday yesterday.  I told her she didn't have to spend that kind of money on me but I am extremely grateful.

I honestly don't know where I'm, one, going to build it and two, where I'm going to put once it's done.

Scott:
Echo Base is on sale at TRU until Monday at 30% off

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version