Author Topic: Lego 2011  (Read 26314 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Lego 2011
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 08:14 AM »
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:45 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 08:41 AM »
Holy crap!  MUST BUY IT!!!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 04:23 PM »
Yeah that is some neat stuff there...  Legos keep churning out quality, and with their regular sales on stuff I really envy the Lego-specific collectors sometimes. 

So far only they and Sideshow hit home-runs 100% of the time, to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 06:27 AM »
I am so far behind on Lego right now.  I really have to go through the collection to see what I'm missing.  I haven't even picked up the last UCS set or two.  I hope this SDS doesn't come out for a while.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 02:10 PM »
I have a bit of a dumb question about LEGOs.  I made my first non-MINI purchase with the WM Landspeeder set a few months ago.  Since then, I've thought about - as the budget allows - picking up a few more of the OT sets.  I definitely would like to get the Falcon when it comes out later this year, and I've also been looking at the X-Wing (still at our TRU), and the Slave I that is currently out.  I definitely don't need to have them all, but just some of my favorite ships here and there as I can afford them.  Anyways, my question is, how long do the sets generally hang about?  I thought about getting the X-Wing next, since it is only at TRU (and online) right now, and has been for awhile, so I figured it would be the next to go.  How long would something like the Slave 1 still hang around?  I know generally that non-exclusive LEGO sets sit for awhile (a year?), as opposed to the Hasbro line where you could blink and miss them.  Thanks for any info.

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 11:12 AM »
honestly, I would not wait if you can get them now, DO IT!!   With the new wave set to come in June, I would not take a chance. Its really hard to say how long a set will stay in stores. Ive seen sets last for 2 years or more and some less than a few months. To be safe, buy them now or you'll most likely pay  more off of Ebay or something.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Speaking of which, for anyone interested, I noticed while at TRU today that the X-wing set is on sale today and tomorrow for $40.  I thought that was a pretty nice deal, so I went ahead and picked that one up.  Anyways, I realize most LEGO collectors probably already have an X-Wing set of some sort, but just wanted to give the heads up (also that price at TRU.com).

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2011, 02:07 AM »

absolutely awesome. Might have to pick this one up.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2011, 01:06 PM »
Saw more detail on the super star destroyer at Yakface- very cool looking. I wish it had the rest of the bounty hunters (it comes with Dengar, bossk, and IG-88). I'll probably add this to the collection at some point, but no rush. Time to build up those lego points first...

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 07:59 AM »
Looks like the new hoth set is a 94 dollar exclusive at TRU. It is new on the website, but not in stock online as of this morning. It looks pretty awesome though.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 02:32 PM »
The new LEGO sets look great and the LEGO bug is starting to bite me again since Hasbro distribution is so bad... only bad thing is that I have other versions of most of these sets and only want the updated minifigs. Decisions, decisions...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 6, 2011, 01:57 PM »
The new LEGO sets look great and the LEGO bug is starting to bite me again since Hasbro distribution is so bad... only bad thing is that I have other versions of most of these sets and only want the updated minifigs. Decisions, decisions...

Same here.  I started out buying the Lego Star Wars stuff when it was first released, but because of Hasbro cranking out 50 million things a year, I stopped buying them between Episodes I and II, aside from grabbing the Boba Fett-related stuff.  In my then-completist mind, I thought it would be best if I sold all of the old sets so I wouldn't be tempted to buy more.  Needless to say, I regret that decision.  Even though the majority of those sets have been redone in far superior versions, I find myself kind of wishing that I'd gone the other direction and dropped the Hasbro stuff in favor of the Lego stuff.

I'm still not going full-bore into the Lego SW stuff, but I've kind of made amends with my completist mentality (in that it doesn't exist anymore, and I can pick and choose what to get).  I've grabbed a few of the newer sets (namely the Bounty Hunter Gunship, the Sith Nightspeeder, General Grievous' Starfighter, and the Geonosian Starfighter) and they really are a lot of fun.  There's also that sense of accomplishment you get from completing a Lego model that, in all honesty, isn't there when you're done assembling a Hasbro vehicle (no matter how cool it might be).

The new Republic Frigate and the Anakin/Sebulba Pod sets are what is tempting me at this very moment.  I'm hoping that, despite the slight TRU markup, they have another BOGO50%off sale soon so I can grab both of them at a slightly reduced price.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 04:45 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 08:30 AM »
Super Star Destroyer revealed

Coming soon on Lego.com

My wife (and by extension my boys) went way above the call of duty and got me this bad boy for my birthday yesterday.  I told her she didn't have to spend that kind of money on me but I am extremely grateful.

I honestly don't know where I'm, one, going to build it and two, where I'm going to put once it's done.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2012, 01:16 PM »
Echo Base is on sale at TRU until Monday at 30% off