Author Topic: 2019 Vintage Collection Wave 1  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Padawan
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Vintage Collection Wave 1
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2019, 10:52 PM »
I am with you on wanting new, but I have to take exception with Ishi Tib. I have been stewing about the Home One Ishi getting released instead of the Jabba Ishi for 20 years. To me he would definitely qualify as a "new" figure, and one of the non-Kenner aliens that to me seemed essential and obvious in the Palace.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2019, 12:45 AM »
Ishi would be new, imho so Iím all for him...  while I wouldnít mind a new Home One one too Iím also with Jeff that with the limited way the line is now, Iíd prefer new to old.  I think JP Ishi is fine...  not my top wants of new from his place (snags is my guy) but yeah I would like Russian hat guy, Frozec, etc.

I also thumb my nose (slightly) to repaints right now.  But Iíd totally prefer that to a repack half the time.  I mean if itís filling that spot thatíd be cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2019, 11:44 AM »

And Squidface, Bib Fortuna & Ishi Tib!

I dunno. I'd put Bib and Squid way down the list. In spite of the low articulation, I think both sculpts are perfectly adequate and display well with the newest sculpts. I also think "Squidface" is one of the early sculpting success of the modern line.

Ishi Tib, yes. Both versions.
Please watch my Imperial Army Time-lapse Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4aNdbwtR_g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."