Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 252424 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 04:05 PM »
Are you going back to 2002 with that, or no? 

Yes and no. No they wouldn't have been super articulated in 2002 of course. But back then they made some figures like the previously unnamed Nikto Jedi, that were little more than statues, even compared to Episode 1 releases. That stuff turned me off Star Wars for a while.

In terms of ROTS, they could've gone further and we wouldn't have needed Agen Kolar and Plo Koon again. And IIRC, we don't have a fully SA Ki-Adi Mundi, just a SA concept one (and maybe that comic pack one, I'm not sure).

I admit, I'd probably get Aayla again if she had better arms. Mine has a loose knee anyway. And I missed the Clone Wars version (saw it once with bad paint ops and then never again).

Complaining about character repetition in Star Wars toys is pointless. I admit that.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 04:31 PM »
I'm excited about the Rebel Fleet Trooper.  Glad that my Stormies will have some more Rebels to fight with.
I am not the Stig

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 04:37 PM »
I really need a Rebel fleet Trooper, I got rid of all of my old ones and currently own none. I like the list (if it's true) for the exception of the clones and Nom Amore'.

I am so done with Clones.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 05:17 PM »
This whole thing is a joke to screw with Jesse.

We all know there's no Rebel Fleet Trooper coming.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 08:05 PM »
Or, like was said, it'll have something wrong with it.  My guess is the vest will now not be removable. :)

Scockery, I agree completely...  I almost write off those two years of collecting like they didn't exist.  Very little came out in those years that is of any quality.  I recall people loved to pile-on that they were great, and anyone complaining needed to quit the hobby, blah blah blah...  But I still maintain those years as some of the worst int he hobby.  The line was tanking horribly, it led to a lot of positive changes, but the growing pains sucked.

ROTS put out Jedi pretty great, but that of course leads to the "what minor tweaks..." concept...  Minor tweaks are the future now I think.  At least for a lot of the line anyway.

But then stuff like Ackbar comes up, and do you care about ankles?  I'd rather have his chair,a ctually.  I'd rebuy him for that, but ankles, so long as the feet are sculpted simply flat/forward-facing, I'm never that dire on seeing the articulation.  Basically every other point of articulation becomes more important (unless of course it's like the training Clone, which is a decent figure till you get to those friggin' posed-sculpted-ankles...  which gives me an idea for a post).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 10:29 AM »
I mainly want to know what the Luke is going to be.  I'm hoping for a Hoth or Dagobah version.  I doubt they put another Tatooine version since it looks almost exactly like a DS escape version.  Watch it will just be a re-carded Jedi Luke.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 12:06 PM »
I think it will be Dagaobah Luke built of of the Bespin one. Something like this:

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 08:49 PM »
I think the next Luke (after the ANH one) is the other ROTJ figure that Hasbro say was coming next year, most likely a Endor Poncho version. (I would like it to be the Hoth version)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 12:14 AM »
A nod to Adam over at GH for the image, but it looks like the Bespin Han was originally supposed to be in comic pack form:

My guess is that he made it into TVC with the, most likely, scrapping of the comic pack.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 01:04 AM »
According to Hasbro the upcoming Han Bespin is all new tooling including the body. DD confirmed that they are not using the barrel chested body for him. It was further confirmed in a Podcast I believe. Of course they say a lot of things but I do not thing the will use this inaccurate version. The jacket is the Endor vest colored blue. Time will tell.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 01:32 AM »
I hope that Bespin Han isn't from the CP image we saw.

But, wow, what a list!

I'm looking forward most to the Rebel Trooper, Aayla (judging by the drawn pictures we saw at SDCC, it should be a great figure), and I wonder what outfit this Luke will have. Hasbro's already (re-)done each of his outfits from all the movies, no? Except for the Dagobah one.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 02:04 AM »
I could easily do without that comic pack by the way...  I'd want an all-new Bespin Han over that figure.  If it turns out that it's that, that's an "epic fail", as the kids call it these days.

And I'll live without the good spirit version of Luke in his snowspeeder uniform too. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 06:50 PM »
This white snowspeeder outfil Luke should be released as a running change for the tlc snowspeeder Luke, but in orange jumpsuit. Perhaps it is due to the fact, Hasbro is testing heads for the definite versions of esb Lukes.

The Han of the comic pack, looks as a kitbash, very predictable. The figure still shows very thin limbs.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2010, 02:46 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 12:43 AM »
Perhaps it is due to the fact, Hasbro is testing heads for the definite versions of esb Lukes.

Hasbro seemed to nail the ESB headsculpt on the TVC Bespin Luke. The CP Luke shown above, though, has too bright blonde hair, but the head sculpt seems alright. Not as good as the TVC release, though.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: December 3, 2010, 04:48 PM »
Sounds like the new Toy Fair this month has pics of Bom Vimdin, Rebel Trooper, Weequay Skiff Master, and a prototype Dr. Evazan...  our first look at part of Wave 6?

Anyone have a scan to share?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender