Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 251952 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #345 on: February 2, 2012, 06:28 PM »

This Vader is the new upgraded one with BJ Wrists and Hips shown at SDCC.

Oh wow, I didn't realize Vader was getting those updates.  I MIGHT feel inclined to get a Vader.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #346 on: February 2, 2012, 07:29 PM »
The Sandtrooper and Clone are ridiculous ideas so hopefully there's more to it.  Very impressive list overall.  Excited to see all the new figs at Toy Fair.  If this is it for 2012, then I'm only disappointed we will not get a new Slave Anakin from TPM.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 2, 2012, 08:57 PM »
Trying to figure out how it all shakes out.  Not counting the current TPM wave, going from Hasbro's slides and this info, we've potentially got:

Wave 2
Luke Skywalker (Deleted Scene)
Princess Leia (Deleted Scene)
Lando Calrissian (Deleted Scene)
A-Wing Pilot (Deleted Scene)
Gen. McCracken (Deleted Scene)

Wave 3
Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
CW Anakin Skywalker
Imperial Navy Commander
Darth Vader (New)
Darth Malgus

Wave 4
Aayla Secura
Nom Anor
501st Trooper
Dr. Evazan
Wedge Antilles
Kithaba

Wave 5
Han Solo (Bespin)
Barriss Offee
Bom Vimdin
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Logray
ARC Commander
Gam. Guard

So that leaves the following (I think):

Clone Pilot Davijaan
Grand Moff Tarkin
Nikto Skiff Guard
Galen Marek
Tor Female Bounty Hunter
CW Ahsoka Tano
CW Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jar Jar Binks
Clone Lieutenant
Republic Trooper
Princess Leia (ESB)
Orrimaarko
Naboo Pilot
Aurra Sing
Gungan Warrior
Mawhonic
Lumat
Royal Guard
Nien Nunb
Weequay Hunter

Plus, a few that are questionable whether they are re-releases or new figures (Lando, Leia, A-Wing Pilot, etc.)  Overall, a nice lineup, if it holds up. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 2, 2012, 09:49 PM »
LOL, that's like 5 years of Clone Wars figures at the rate they are going now...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #349 on: February 2, 2012, 09:54 PM »
That's dreamy.

My favs on the list?

-Tarkin...  Long overdue.
-Doc Evazan...  Long overdue.
-Weequay Hunter...  Long overdue.
-EU Rep Trooper...  Pooping my pants for this.
-All realistic CW figures...  My shelf feels naked without them.
-TOR Bounty Hunter...  She's awesome.

Bear in mind that a lot of the figures listed there are really repacks too...  All the WM stuff.  That taken off there shorts that list tremendously.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 2, 2012, 09:59 PM »
Didn't they confirm 55 TVC figures for this year?  With the 12 TPM figs, this list gets them to 55, by my count.  But that includes the specific re-ship wave. 

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 2, 2012, 10:18 PM »
A very nice looking list if it turns out to be true. Stoked for Nien Nunb finally, I've been passing for years on the old ones thinking they'd be making a new one anytime, that was a good couple years ago, hehehe. My only gripe is that it seems Evazan is the last Cantina dude for some time. Was hoping for 1 or 2 more. Jabba's Palace seems nicely represented though.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 2, 2012, 10:37 PM »
This list gives me the willies now that I've read all the way through it.  It reads almost like a rock band's farewell tour.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 2, 2012, 10:49 PM »
Nice!  I just hope they are not $15 price points by the time they come out. 

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 2, 2012, 11:47 PM »
I wondering if Vintage will continue beyond 2012 ? or should it be the end to the Vintage Collection ?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 3, 2012, 10:41 AM »
That's a lot of assortments. I'm really looking forward to all the new OT stuff, but am afraid pegs will get clogged with everything else before they're ready to hit retail.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 3, 2012, 10:51 AM »
That's a lot of assortments. I'm really looking forward to all the new OT stuff, but am afraid pegs will get clogged with everything else before they're ready to hit retail.

I think once we get past Toy Fair these case assortments will make a good deal more sense.  Especially once the bigger etailers like BBTS and EE get the cases listed with official imagery.

But the inclusion of more Sandtroopers and Episode III Clone Troopers is a definite head scratcher.  The thing is, in most of that list with previously identified figures there were figure numbers next to each figure.  In the case of the Episode III Clone and Sandtrooper they were ID'd not with a TVC number, but the upc number.  Are we looking at different Episode III Clones and Sandtroopers in this instance?  It already seems clear that there's an Episode II Clone, but with the blue Lieutenant markings.  My guess is we'll get a Shock Trooper or Coruscant Clone from Episode III, and an alternate color pauldron for the Sandtrooper.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 3, 2012, 10:59 AM »
I'm really hoping it is a different ROTS trooper as well.  And seriously, what is up with all the Sandtroopers all the time?  I like them and all, but I see they are listed in the Movie Heroes line again too.  It just seems funny that they don't release "regular" Stormtroopers with this much consistency, but the Sandtroopers are pretty much consistently on the pegs.

Anyways, other than that, the lineup looks pretty great.  In some ways, the list (beyond what we already knew about) seems a little "main character" light, aside from the CW figures.  Not that we don't appreciate the other characters, it is just surprising.  I guess that would give them an Anakin or Obi-Wan to "anchor" assortments (or carry overs) since there isn't a Luke, Vader, Han, etc. listed for the second half of the year really (or what I'm guessing is the 2nd half).  Overall, looks great though.  They are really knocking off a lot of requested figures, and continuing a great run for TVC.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 3, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Won't they just keep pumping out the core characters in the MH line?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #359 on: February 3, 2012, 11:58 AM »
In some ways, the list (beyond what we already knew about) seems a little "main character" light, aside from the CW figures.  Not that we don't appreciate the other characters, it is just surprising.  I guess that would give them an Anakin or Obi-Wan to "anchor" assortments (or carry overs) since there isn't a Luke, Vader, Han, etc. listed for the second half of the year really

No kidding.  The only Han Solo planned for 2012 is a repack of the Bespin figure?  Lame.  Don't get me wrong, I love the Bespin Han...  I was just hoping for a kick-ass NEW Han to make up for the POS "Yavin 4" Han and repack Endor Han they dumped on us last year.  ::)

And no Chewie?  WTF does everyone's favorite wookiee need to do to get on a VC card?  He hasn't had a VC card since what, 2004?  Poor Chewie is stuck in Legends/CW Hell I guess.  Seriously, we need a new Chewbacca on a vintage card dammit.   >:(

I'm not so mad about Sandtroopers - for $10 price now, I'd rather get Sandtroopers, who are really just Stormtroopers with extra gear, than Stormtroopers with just one blaster anyway.  I am annoyed with more Clone Troopers and Clone Pilots though.  Save that stuff for the AOTC and ROTS 3D launchs, don't make us suffer through them now AND again next spring.   
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender