Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 252470 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #420 on: August 27, 2012, 03:38 PM »
Hammerhead?  Well, the Hammerhead I want most is the vintage cantina 3-pack with Greedo and Walrusman.

Perfect excuse to have us shell out 25 more bucks for one figure.

Actually, my thinking was the vintage Star Wars Creature Set with vintage looking Hammerhead, Walrusman and Greedo.  Scott posted a picture of it, I believe.  Anyway, that'd be three new sculpts.  ;)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 27, 2012, 07:35 PM »
Does this mean that an update to Lobot's Duplex is in the works too?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 27, 2012, 08:50 PM »
Seriously?  A new Lobot?  I can STILL find one hanging on the pegs at a local mom & pop shop near me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #423 on: August 27, 2012, 09:50 PM »
I liked the last Lobot but one that is poseable wouldn't irk me I guess...  Articulation is about the only way to improve that last one though.  It was pretty spiffy with its creatively sculpted/designed laptop, the little pager thing, and the clear with painted details head implant thing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 27, 2012, 10:26 PM »
That Lobot was too dated, but POTF 2-1B was somehow totally acceptable to reissue.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 27, 2012, 10:28 PM »
I'm with JJ...I liked the OTC version of Lobot quite a bit, but I guess an ultra-articulated Lobot is great, I guess, for displaying a Lobot figure breakdancing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:32 PM by Force Guy »
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #426 on: August 27, 2012, 11:35 PM »
I'm for almost anyone articulated to the nines, or at least I used to be...  Lobot SEEMS like he could be a badass if he wanted to, so I'm ok with that.  What makes me question it is just the current prices...  I'm reluctant to shell out $10 for just any old upgrade...  Some, like Cantina guys that need it, I'd do so gladly.  Some, like Army Builders, I'd probably do so gladly and a couple extra.  Some, like Malikili (at today's $10 price) would make me wonder if I was spending $10 wisely.

He's a cool update, but I got him for less than $8 I think...  For me I guess that's just the threshold I'm at.  $10 Lobot is something I'm kinda wishy washy on then...  I'd be happier with him at $8 for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #427 on: August 28, 2012, 10:04 AM »
I wouldn't turn my nose up at a better-articulated Lobot, but if we don't get it, I won't be bummed. he is cool though...

I actually like the Hammerhead we have now, from a few years ago. But a newer one with more articulation would be cool. I would love a Hammerhead that can sit.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 28, 2012, 10:05 AM »
I wonder if Lobot would come with removable head phones / implant?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 28, 2012, 10:26 AM »
We need a new Yak Face! We've only had one modern Yak Face and it sucked.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 28, 2012, 10:59 AM »
I think Yakface was an affirmative by Hasbro reps during Celebration (via yakface.com), though I believe they were going to wait and put him on a Vintage card.  So it sounds like we'll have to wait a couple years for him.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 28, 2012, 02:11 PM »
We need a new Yak Face! We've only had one modern Yak Face and it sucked.

Here, here!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 28, 2012, 02:12 PM »
I'd be fine with Lobot getting more articulation and costing around $10 - but that's mostly because I'd like to grab a few and pop them apart for customs.  He'd be great for Coruscant folk and average citizen-esque custom fodder.  I'd still keep one non-butchered though for my Cloud City dio.

As for Yakface, I definitely would buy several... one for the Palace dio, and several for customs. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 28, 2012, 08:58 PM »
It seems like there were a few figures from the OT where it sounded like they were on the way, but Hasbro wanted to "save them for the Vintage Collection".  I understand that, but it worries me that we won't see much from the OT for awhile if that is the case.  That might be why we're seeing a lot of OT characters next year that have either already been done on a vintage cardback (Biker Scout, Vader, etc.) or weren't in the original vintage lineup (Biggs, Ceremony Luke, etc.)  It might just be a concidence too.  I guess we should expect more of a prequel push with both AOTC and ROTS 3D on the way next year.  Hopefully we'll see vintage return for a big OT 3D extravaganza in 2014 :).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #434 on: August 28, 2012, 09:43 PM »
I'd think it's more OT figures who had Vinty figures that they'd really rather save for a return to the vinty cards...  Doesn't mean there aren't a plethora of other OT figures they couldn't or wouldn't do...  Just modern Lobot NOT being on a vinty card does make sense, as does Yakface, etc.

I'm a little surprised Biggs isn't being held back, actually.  Only because there's certain guys who were never in the vintage line that you raelly WANT that card for them...  Tarkin, Fleet Trooper, etc.  Biggs would be on my short list of those characters.  I'd also put Owen/Beru, Imp Technician, Chief Bast, Nik Sant, some of the Cantina aliens (many that could stand an upgrade), etc.