Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 252381 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #45 on: December 4, 2010, 02:43 PM »
Heh, I legit yelled out "swivel elbows wtf!" when I saw the RFT.

Given Hasbro's obsession with Rebels having facial hair, how much would it suck to get a last minute RFT head change with a goatee?

All of the figures seem a tad... off though. I guess that's what happens when magazines enlarge pics though. Evazan appears to not have articulated knees or ankles, and that's not good. Hopefully that's just because it's the prototype.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 4, 2010, 03:14 PM »
Looks like cut elbow and shouder joints to me but hope I'm wrong. Ball joint knees though. Hope this is a good figure, never had one so want to get a few.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #47 on: December 4, 2010, 04:24 PM »
These are paint masters ans waxes so I would not worry about the final outcome, the same was said on the ROTJ wave. In terms of articulation just look at the ortho specs Bastialla nd the Dr. have ankle and knee joint articulation. It's work in progress.

I am very excited about all of these figures. It's so nice that so much that needed to be redone is quickly getting taking care off. I was just looking over my collection and really like the fact there is next to nothing left from POTJ down.

Seriously what is up with Hasbro and all of the Rebel beardos? I would have bought so many more Endor Troopers is they were plain clean shaven dudes.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #48 on: December 4, 2010, 05:47 PM »
No one loves goatees more than Hasbro.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #49 on: December 4, 2010, 05:58 PM »
Goatees courtesy of Dave Vennemeyer
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 4, 2010, 06:09 PM »
No doubt.  I think it is a way to make me less pissy about every Imperial Soldier being a Jango Clone.

And we now have 2 Endor Rebels with Bald Heads and Facial hair.  I could do without anymore Rebels with Facial Hair for a while. 

I also hope the RFT does not have the Lurched forward neck that the Endor Reb has.  Makes head swapping a bit difficulti.

All in all though, I like that RFT. He has the correct boots, a good start.

Those are fully articulated elbows. They are just sculpted different than we have seen. I can't remember but a recent figure has the same look.  I'll track it down and post it here.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: December 4, 2010, 07:19 PM »
Yeah, I'm 90% sure the elbows are ball/socket joints, they're just odd looking because of the photo in the rag I believe.

As far as the collar and vest, RFT vests are like Han's in that they don't really hide the collar anyway (they were called European Cut Vests or something like that?).  So I still say a sculpted-on vest is a step backwards on the figure and a negative, if it turns out that way.  It's almost impossible to tell by the photo.  So far, it's the only major negative I can see and everything else is looking good, if it is...  I doubt it stops me from buying this figure in any quantity though, if everything else holds up.

I can't wait to make a pile into ground combat guys and things.  Good times ahead methinks.

Like JACK said, these are hand-painted prototypes, not production figures, and I expect all of them to change.  These figures sometimes have joints that have gaps and such.  I expect some things to look better and some to look worse on production images.

And clump myself into the, "I hate beards" category on troopers, at this stage.  Almost everyone has a stache, goatee, or beard, and Hasbro needs to stop with that stuff for a while.

Bom Vimdin is sweet...  Love that freak.  He's my last real wish for Cantina aliens.  At this point Garrouf Lafoe is my #1 Cantina want.

If the Fleet Trooper is a home run, then my #1 overall want is a tough choice at this point.  I've spent 20+ years wishing Hasbro would do a decent Fleet Trooper...  I'm expecting this one to be just that.  You never know when you're getting dealt a "30AC Death Star Trooper" type situation though.  It's kinda cool, but has lots of glaring flaws as well.

Oh, and the Pens just scored.  Go Pens. :)  Oh, and scored again.  Go Pens again.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2010, 07:23 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 5, 2010, 08:58 AM »
Fantastic! Now that's a wave. Three never before released characters, and three desperatley needed resculpts, one being a highly requested troop builder. Pretty happy with the lot of them.

Bastila-Whoo, being that i'm a huge KOTOR fan this is really nice to see, though somwhat bittersweet as she'll be lonely on the shelf without the rest of the Ebon Hawk crew.

Barris Offee - Looks cool, more arena jedi are always welcome.

Weequay Skiff Master - Kinda pofy looking, but I like it. Another unique weequay for the palace never hurt.

Dr. Evazan - Wow, finally, an Evazan that actually looks good! Can't wait to see this guy all painted up.

Rebel Fleet Trooper - Well there we go, he looks like he should please many people. Here's hoping Hasbro cranks out a whole bunch of these guys with new heads, maybe a future battle pack or somthing.

Bom Vimdin - Whoo! My most highly requested figure since they released Hem Dazon and he's every bit as great as I'd hoped. Now that Bom is coming I need to find a new cantina alien to champion for.

Really excited for this wave, can't wait!

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 5, 2010, 01:40 PM »
Now that's a wave.
This isn't a wave. They are just showing all the figures that were in the Fan's Choice Poll that we are getting next year.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #54 on: December 5, 2010, 06:16 PM »

Bom Vimdin - Whoo! My most highly requested figure since they released Hem Dazon and he's every bit as great as I'd hoped. Now that Bom is coming I need to find a new cantina alien to champion for.

I think that Mosep, the walrusy looking dude in the red imperial like outfit should be next.  This is also the guy that was used as Jabba by Marvel.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 5, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Now that's a wave.
This isn't a wave. They are just showing all the figures that were in the Fan's Choice Poll that we are getting next year.

Well, it does say that with the exception of Bastilla - the rest of the figures are coming this spring, so it is possible that they are all the figures in the second mixed-movie wave.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 6, 2010, 11:44 AM »
Now that's a wave.
Well, it does say that with the exception of Bastilla - the rest of the figures are coming this spring, so it is possible that they are all the figures in the second mixed-movie wave.
It's possible but according to the latest rumor (the first post in this thread) the Weequay will be in wave 6 and the others in wave 7.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2010, 11:50 AM by SnTrooper »

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 6, 2010, 02:51 PM »
I like the way weequay skiff guy and rebel fleet trooper are depicted. For rebel fleet trooper it looks at last we will have a version which can handle the blaster with both hands.

Bastilla is great, cool evolution for a female body! I am not sure if she has knee joints, it seems they are only at elbow level. But if so, her legs are built the most naturally possible for the current action figures` technology.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2010, 02:52 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #58 on: December 7, 2010, 09:26 AM »
I realize these are prototype images yet.  But... is it just me, or does it look like they just used Indiana Jones legs & feet for the Weequay?
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #59 on: December 7, 2010, 01:34 PM »
I realize these are prototype images yet.  But... is it just me, or does it look like they just used Indiana Jones legs & feet for the Weequay?

Those legs do look familiar.  They're not any IJ figures that I can see.  Many of the have more wrinkles on the legs.  From a quick glance at my figures though, they look like the Rebel Ceremonial Guard's legs.

Or maybe a Lando?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com