Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 252454 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #450 on: July 31, 2017, 10:04 PM »
I'd say ok if available by the case.  I'd say the lack of a shoretrooper sucks.  I'd also say some of those repacks are abysmal choices because some just didn't sell well.  I'm happy, sad, excited, and dejected all at one time.

So basically no clue how to feel other than I plan to order cases on EE and call it s day except on extras.

Btw can't say I care about another Stormtrooper.  I want the shoretrooper which was impossible to get.

I'd have liked to have seen more old TVC repacks but I get pushing the new media first.  I'm kinda cool with what I see mostly just scared by a few like Leia.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #451 on: July 31, 2017, 10:09 PM »
Shoretrooper is a definite problem area, since I don't have any, SA or 5 POA. Never showed up.  :'(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #452 on: August 1, 2017, 10:11 AM »
I'm kinda cool with what I see mostly just scared by a few like Leia.

If they take the opportunity to fix her fugly face deco, then I'm all for another try at that TFA Leia, actually. 

The thing about this line is that we have to hope that there are enough TVC carded collectors out there who are going to buy Phasma or Finn on TFA TVC cards.  If those people aren't out there anymore, this TVC experiment is going to be over quick.   :-\

And yeah, I get why they picked Deathtrooper over Shoretrooper, but I think EVERYONE would be happy to see more of those in this line.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2017, 10:12 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #453 on: August 1, 2017, 11:18 AM »
I'm sure we'll see more shoretroopers.  If I've learned anything over the past few years, it's that patience pays off.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 1, 2017, 11:26 AM »

And yeah, I get why they picked Deathtrooper over Shoretrooper, but I think EVERYONE would be happy to see more of those in this line.

I'm pretty sure that Steve Evans explained this in one of the SDCC interviews, and it had to do with wave building relative to storytelling.  That being the ROGUE ONE themed wave would be built more around the events on Jedha.  Hasbro's logic was that Deathtroopers would be more likely to have been present at Jedha than Shoretroopers.  And there will also be the Imperial Tank Trooper offered up.

The one thing I take from Hasbro's comments on this new incarnation of the Vintage Collection is that the tooling budget for new figures may be limited.  And we should probably expect more reissues of high quality figures built around a theme.

I'm sure we'll see more shoretroopers.  If I've learned anything over the past few years, it's that patience pays off.

+1.  Give it time.  I think we'll see Hasbro come up with a Scarif themed wave at some point.  The Shoretrooper fits in there perfectly.  So do Stormtroopers, and even Rebel Fleet Troopers.  For new figures?  I'd like to see an SA versions of K-2SO and Baze Malbus plus General Merrick and some of the Rebel ground troops.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2017, 11:29 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #455 on: August 1, 2017, 12:09 PM »
Evans also basically conceded the Shoretrooper was coming in those same interviews, so it's no worry there. I think the bah humbug sentiment right now is that this particular figure is in super high demand and super scarce. I'd buy tons of either the SA or 5 POA version if I had the chance right now, and baring any dumps at Wally World, it will be 2019 before I get one.

If those people aren't out there anymore, this TVC experiment is going to be over quick.   :-\

Along those lines, Adam Pawlus basically declared TVC DOA in one of his recent Q&A's. I wonder if the market is there. I think there's enough interest given the huge response to the 40th anniversary figs, but then I don't how much of that is that Hasbro underproduced them. I also wonder how much of a deterrent #116 is to some collectors as opposed to a reward. Hopefully lots of new collectors come in. Some may - they may not - see that 116 and go WUT and realize there's no hope. I hope the line does well.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 6, 2017, 12:27 PM »
There's absolutely a market for the SA "vintage" figures, I know I'm not the only one who will buy every one they make. The trick for Hasbro is finding the right production run balance to make the line worth the effort. They want to make them them, that seems clear from my chat with Steve and I can not wait until they start hitting the shelves again.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #457 on: August 6, 2017, 01:27 PM »
Agree 100%, though I think Hasbro finding the right balance in production/distribution is the one area they consistently fall flat. It's clear they are hyper aware of it, so maybe they'll get to it once and for all, but going back to 09, this has been a major issue. I talked to Daryl DePriest at NYCC 2011 about volume/distribution, and it was getting fixed then.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 6, 2017, 03:52 PM »
I'm the market for sure. But if we don't either see a whole bunch of re-pack peg warmers or empty pegs I'll be shocked. I have very little hope for somewhere in the middle.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 24, 2018, 11:29 AM »
Someone at RS, has posted in their forum that JTA has "all but confirmed" that Sim Aloo is coming in the vintage collection line.

Does anyone know what they're talking about specifically?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 24, 2018, 11:37 AM »
Paul read the Hasbro rep's body language kind of confirmation.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 24, 2018, 12:00 PM »
But Sim Aloo would look so out of place on the barge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 24, 2018, 12:11 PM »
Someone at RS, has posted in their forum that JTA has "all but confirmed" that Sim Aloo is coming in the vintage collection line.

Does anyone know what they're talking about specifically?

As long as it wasn't Stan.  :P

That said, Sim Aloo would be great from a "let's knock off the original 92/3" point of view. I'm all for him!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 24, 2018, 01:10 PM »
But Sim Aloo would look so out of place on the barge

I still would take him. ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 24, 2018, 01:45 PM »
Paul read the Hasbro rep's body language kind of confirmation.

Oh, okay.  So no confirmation whatsoever.

Disappointing.