Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 253940 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #555 on: January 15, 2019, 01:24 AM »
There is one positive to having the Lando in Skiff Guard disguise out there - gives them a good base body to also release Beckett wearing pretty much the same outfit from Solo.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #556 on: January 15, 2019, 11:59 AM »
gives them a good base body to also release Beckett wearing pretty much the same outfit from Solo.

I have been trying to track down another 5POA Beckett for this reason...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 15, 2019, 12:06 PM »
I agree that the sandstorm Lando is pretty much the ultimate Skiff Guard Lando. Won't begrudge Hasbro at all for re-releasing this with a photo-real head, minus Sandstorm gear.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #558 on: March 5, 2019, 09:03 AM »
Next up: Yavin Luke
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #559 on: March 5, 2019, 09:53 PM »
Makes sense...  good figure and the card will be appreciated.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 6, 2019, 08:45 AM »

Hasbro really needs to correct that “Yavin Celebration” Han Solo while they are at it... and surprised they’re not putting Yavin Leia to go with Luke.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #561 on: March 6, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Hasbro really needs to correct that “Yavin Celebration” Han Solo while they are at it... and surprised they’re not putting Yavin Leia to go with Luke.

That would be an awesome three-pack!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 6, 2019, 12:54 PM »

Hasbro really needs to correct that “Yavin Celebration” Han Solo

I whole heartedly agree.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #563 on: March 8, 2019, 10:35 AM »
Yavin Luke is a figure that could certainly benefit from a better face application, so this could be good.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 8, 2019, 10:26 PM »
Yavin Luke is a figure that could certainly benefit from a better face application, so this could be good.

After the much improved Leia Boushh, I hate to say that I'm in with the re-issues.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 10, 2019, 10:07 AM »
I am most definitely for any TVC reissue of a TVC quality figure that was not released on a TVC cardback. There are great figures from the Legacy Collection and both Orange and Blue Black Series lines that would make for great Vintage Collection releases. Especially if the photo-realism paint technique can be applied and even more especially if it's a character or version of a character from the OT that was never put out in the originally Kenner line that would be great to see released that way.

Yavin Medal Ceremony Leia from the WalMart Black Series is a great choice along with the improved Yavin Luke.

Wouldn't mind seeing them release the medical frigate versions of Luke and Leia that came out in the Legacy Collection and I know the elbows aren't great, but I'd be fine with a re-release of the Lando in Smuggler's Outfit on a Vintage Card as well.

If the goal is to include existing sculpts with new sculpts to keep the overall costs of waves down, re-releasing desirable OT figures on TVC cardbacks seems like a no-brainer.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #566 on: March 10, 2019, 11:45 AM »
I wouldn't mind the Ceremony Leia on a vintage card. I'd personally love redos of the Medical Frigate duo since I wasn't a fan of the soft goods, but I don't know we'll ever go back there.

I'd love to see some of the Black Series figures on TVC: Snowtrooper Commander, Wedge Snowspeeder, Dagobah Luke, Toryn Farr. Also Jawas, though I suspect those are on deck very soon and Mosep. Maybe Captain Rex.

I'd also love to go back a bit and just go nuts like Ephont Mon, Hermi, that kind of thing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 11:46 AM by Darby »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 11, 2019, 01:28 AM »
I'd also love to go back a bit and just go nuts like Ephont Mon, Hermi, that kind of thing.

The only way I think we'd ever get either of them again is if they boxed them like how you could get the Wampa in the old Kenner line - they are just too big for a vintage cardback, but they could be boxed in Vintage-styled packaging to give folks a second chance at getting both of them for their collections. I know I'd love to be able to grab an Ephont Mon for my Barge.  ;D
Peter

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #568 on: March 11, 2019, 10:27 AM »
The boxed idea is great!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 11, 2019, 01:00 PM »
A collector friend of mine was super cool and hooked me up with both Ephant Mon and Hermi Odle, whom I just got last week. (Barge on the way) They are amazing figures the likes of which I don't think we will see again from Hasbro. The sheer amount of plastic in these things is obscene!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy