Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 252401 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Vintage Collection Rumors
« on: November 17, 2010, 05:03 PM »
From scum...

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Rumor_Report_The_Vintage_Collection_134998.asp

Wave 6

Luke Skywalker
Clone Trooper
AT-RT Driver
General Lando
Weequay Skiff Master
Fi Ek Sirch

Wave 7

Bespin Han Solo
Barris Offee
Rebel Blockade Trooper
Logray
Fordo
Bom Vimdin

Wave 8

Kithaba
Dr Evazan
Aayla Secura
Nom Anor
501st Clone Trooper
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:20 PM by Jeff »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 05:20 PM »
I love how they basically say that these are a ways out, and the list could change. Nice disclaimer.

I like the addition of General Lando, Bespin Han, Barris Offee, Rebel Blockade Trooper (breath, Jesse, breathe!), Aayla Secura and Dr Evazan...I'm hoping these are actually coming.

Google tells me that "Nom Anor" is another ******* Yuzhan Vong...retarded.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Without seeing these, I could say that I am down for all of them except the clones and "Luke Skywalker" - I would have to see them to know for sure what we are talking about.

Good list.   ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Not really anything on there that hasn't been confirmed via Q&A except Logray, the Nikto Jedi and the clones which were inevitable

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 05:47 PM »
- I love the fact that we basically had to beg Hasbro to get a plain old basic Stormtrooper back into the line, and then at the same time Waves 2, 5, 6?, and 8? may all have Clone Troopers.

- I'm hoping Luke is Hoth or Dagobah... but fearing he's yet another permutation of the Jabba/Jedi black outfit Luke.

- AT-RT Driver? Really?  Was anyone wanting more of these?

- Really looking forward to Bespin Han, Bom, Evazan, and RFT.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 05:52 PM »
A nice list, but I always take those RS lists with a grain of salt anymore.  Like Scott said though, the majority of what is there has been confirmed by Q and A's already, and if this is accurate, it looks like some nice lineups.  If I am remembering correctly, the interview with Derryl DePriest on the TFN podcast said that we should see Wave 5 (which has already been revealed) along with the next wave before having a bit of a gap again like we have in previous years.  That would likely mean the wave with Bespin Han on that list would kick off the Fall then possibly.  I'm curious about the Luke Skywalker on that list, if that is a new version, or the recarded one (currently shipping in the ROTJ wave) that they have mentioned with a new cardback or nameplate (I can't remember which now).

Other than that, a nice list.  I was sort of hoping for a Skiff Lando re-do, but the General version is welcome as well.  I have to admit, I'm losing interest in a lot of the clones at this point.  Many (or all) could just be recarded figures, but I'm pretty happy with the versions we have for the most part.  Also, like Jeff mentioned, it is hard to understand how it is so difficult to get the regular old Stormtrooper in the line these days.  I know we've got one coming in Wave 5, but as mentioned we see Clones all the time...and I think we've even seen the Snowtroopers and Biker Scouts more often.  It just seems like a nice "ultimate" Stormtrooper should be available nearly all the time, it is sort of the ultimate army builder to me (at least for OT fans).

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 06:55 PM »
I'm lookinf forward to the Bespin Han and Nom Anor.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 07:51 PM »
And I've been hinting at the RFT coming in 2011 for a while on here...  I was told this at Toy Fair by the Grand Poobah.  So that one's been out there a while too, with Hasbro confirming they're doing it.  Just a matter of when it was coming out. :)

I've been excited for most of the list there since it was confirmed at various points. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 08:22 PM »
So will the Clone Troopers have pre-yellowed helmets like the current plain white one?

Ask that in the Q&A.

Skiff Master Weequay, Kithaba and Bom Vimdin are the highlight of all those. I have a feeling they'll screw up Rebel Fleet Trooper. 3rd Strike is a charm. Watch him be an inch taller than the tallest stormtrooper.

I find some Jedi redos irritating, since some they could've gotten right the first or second time (Aayla). Triple dipping...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 08:29 PM »
Are you going back to 2002 with that, or no?  I didn't mind the ROTS figure of Aayla, actually, but I kind of don't count half the 2002/2003 bull**** figures we got...  So with that in mind, Aayla is kind of the ideal figure to make the, "minor tweaks" thread...

New arms are enough for me to rebuy her.  If they add other stuff like ball-jointed hips (difficult though, no her small frame and tight outfit I think), it's really going to be gravy if it's done right.  Just new super articulated arms would've sufficed for me though, like Shaak Ti got. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 10:40 PM »
I love how they basically say that these are a ways out, and the list could change. Nice disclaimer.

Agreed.

Where is Ponda? He was confirmed by Hasbro as well as Bastilla Shan. Didn't Hasbro also confirm the next Lando is the Skiff one?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 10:55 PM »
I figured Ponda with Evazan...  How do you break them up?  It's like Abbot without Costello.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 10:58 PM »
A LOT of good, some meh (I agree re: the troopers) but overall it's also a lot of what've seen to this point.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 12:37 AM »
It just occurred to me that the mixed wave are actually a good thing for my wallet since I'm not doing prequel figures carded. Less I'll want to buy each wave. No real surprises with the list, though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 09:14 AM »
This is a cool list, and I'm happy to see a few on there that are TOTALLY NEW.

Ed, I had to look up the Vong guy too, but here's the thing.  If you look at some of the comic images, they look too over the top, too corny, and to me, very un SW.  However, there is one image which is a little more subtle, and less goofy.  If they use that as the guide, it could be a nice figure.  More like Tion Medden, less like Skeletor.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com