Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 252428 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #285 on: January 24, 2012, 05:37 PM »
Really?  I rather liked it a lot...  Compare it to the mask stills and I think you'll be shocked.  I think it's more that the mask is ****, and the paintjob on the eyes was almost always off on that too.

Yeah, I felt from the neck up, that it was a step back from the POTF2 eye patch one.  I got rid all my Legacy heads of this figure.  I might even have sent them to Dressel, I can't honestly remember.  Maybe if Hasbro had painted the head with a wash, I would have liked it better, I don't know.  I just feel like they usually hit alien head sculpts out of the park, but on that occasion they didn't do the figure justice, as least for what I'm used to seeing.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 24, 2012, 06:01 PM »
here are the new figures....  http://www.jedinews.co.uk/

Vintage Nikto = awesome!  hopefully the finished product will give him a bit of a wash though - this one looks too clean
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:03 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 24, 2012, 06:10 PM »
I am telling you, with all of the Jabba Goons  - I am putting down the bet that the Sail barge will follow the MTT!

I hope.....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #288 on: January 24, 2012, 06:38 PM »

I like all three well enough, but really another Galen Marek?  Force Unleashed wasn't that great, not by a longshot.  Force Unleashed II was, by most accounts, far worse for one reason or another, or several.  I just don't get them going with this guy, yet again.  I am pretty much TFU'd out at this point.  It made some cool figures and I was happy if they'd have just packed up and moved on, especially since Hasbro themselves said they were moving on from TFU.

That said...

Now I want some bonus points. :)  I got the vintage Nikto and TOR as an EU figure right.  ;D

Vintage Nikto is all kinds of awesome and pretty well needed.  It really makes me hope for updates of the rest of the old Battlepack now, as they're all looking very dated next to my new goons.

Shae Vizla I'm pretty giddy to get.  I like Bounty Hunters (who doesn't?), and she was pretty rockin' in the trailers to the game, and her figure looks really impressive too.  TOR is the only thing I'm truly intrigued to see in 2012...  I really want them to delve into that, as it's pretty vast and I can handle lots of EU from an era so far removed from the films and main characters.

Marek's cool too, very "ultimate" with all that gear and most of it being removable, I just really didn't feel I needed that figure and could've easily stomached another new TOR character or OT update/new character.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 24, 2012, 07:07 PM »
Hey, it's Aiden from  BEING HUMAN.

Nikto...yeah...can some one toss us a new skiff at least until the sail barge gets made?

I won't be getting Shae Vizla...because I'll never see one, never saw Bastilla Shan. Why would this be any different?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #290 on: January 24, 2012, 07:16 PM »
MMMMMMmmmmm  New skiff.

Maybe we'll get a new one ala the N1 when ROTJ3D rolls out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 24, 2012, 07:18 PM »
MMMMMMmmmmm  New skiff.

Maybe we'll get a new one ala the N1 when ROTJ3D rolls out.

By then it'll be a $50 vehicle....$70 if it's a Toys R Us exclusive.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #292 on: January 24, 2012, 07:24 PM »
I think that's conservative.  ::)  And paint aps will be down to a "paint by number" thing with a little set of paints and a brush in the set, all watercolors.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #293 on: January 24, 2012, 07:39 PM »
Cool all around.  The Nikto was a nice surprise.  Didn't expect him honestly.  Very excited to see the rest of the Vintage slate this year. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 24, 2012, 07:52 PM »
The Nikto looks pretty cool.  Hasbro already confirmed that one, IIRC.  It's definitely a welcome addition to Jabba's goons. 

The new Galen Marek is a little bit of a surprise, but a cool new EU offering.  The accessories look pretty awesome.  Is all of that actually going to fit in a TVC blister?  My only gripe here is the timing.  I really think that Hasbro would have a lot more success with these EU video game figures if they could get their release schedule synced up with the game releases.

Which brings me to Shae Viszla.  Pretty awesome that Hasbro managed in this case to offer up a video game figure that IS well timed with the game release.  Granted, we saw Shae in that Deceived trailer going back close to 2 years.  And with the lead time on a new figure being about 18 months I'm glad to see that they took advantage of all of this lead time to get the figure ready.  I'm still surprised that it took LucasArts so long to bring this game to market.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2012, 08:53 PM »
The Nikto is very cool, and like Darby mentioned, I'm really looking forward to learning more about the rest of the TVC slate for this year.  Seems to be shaping up to be a nicely rounded line.  I'm actually surprised at how many EU figures have been shown/announced so far (not even counting the deleted scene stuff), cool for people who are looking for more of that since the comic packs went away. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 24, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Viszla and Marek are amazing and very welcome.  The Nikto is cool too, but I have to admit he's pretty bland by comparison.  But it's all good.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #297 on: January 24, 2012, 10:40 PM »
Awesome on the Nikto...another one bites the dust

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #298 on: January 24, 2012, 10:58 PM »
Vizla and Nikto were my picks for coolness... I like Marek, I just don't see the point.  You've done umpteen of him, his games are either mediocre or weak efforts...  Time to put that one away.  Put taht kind of effort into Katarn.  He's about as relevant and his games/story were much more popular at their time.

He does come with cool stuff though.  That's about the minimum I'd want to be content between the price and all.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #299 on: January 24, 2012, 11:05 PM »
I like all three well enough, but really another Galen Marek?

I like Marek, I just don't see the point.  You've done umpteen of him, his games are either mediocre or weak efforts...  Time to put that one away.  Put taht kind of effort into Katarn.  He's about as relevant and his games/story were much more popular at their time.

Yeah, that was my thinking too.  He looks great... but isn't this like Galen Marek #7?  Tooling dollars are sparse, costs are going up, "we need to be careful about choices", blah blah blah and they give us this guy in one of the EU slots in 2012?  Seems like such a strange decision when there are so many other male video game characters they could have picked - Kyle Katarn, Dash Rendar, Carth, etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender