Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 252408 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #525 on: October 15, 2018, 04:59 PM »
I still remember buying that 6" TBS slave Leia.  The lady at the checkout in Target definitely took notice.  I don't know if she was offended or what, but she made a pronounced remark about the figure when I bought it.  And that was 5 years ago.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 05:00 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #526 on: October 15, 2018, 05:28 PM »
There are a few decent offerings that I've heard coming for 2019 TVC - all of which will complement the barge nicely.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 15, 2018, 05:50 PM »
There are a few decent offerings that I've heard coming for 2019 TVC - all of which will complement the barge nicely.

Any figures that are actually new background characters???

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 16, 2018, 08:35 AM »

Any figures that are actually new background characters???

From what's been announced we're currently at a 6/6 split of new vs. repack/repaint - so I'm hoping that of those two "TBA" slots at least ONE might be something that's all new, with the other being something that's a repack but never been on a modern Vintage cardback and *hopefully* a character from the original 92.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #529 on: October 16, 2018, 11:03 AM »
I think Hasbro's basic strategy right now on the OT is to fill gaps left by the original TVC run and also the original 92.

I think I'm on board with what Darby said.  Right now, it looks and feels like the "give us figures of dudes like Tzizvvt or Tonnika Sisters" group is losing out in favor of servicing the "finish the modern update of 'collect all 92' on TVC cards" group.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love new, never before made guys like Tzizvvt and Solomahal.  I'm just not expecting us to be that lucky anymore.  :-\

At what point did Hasbro identify them all as SDCC exclusives?  Because I could see one or more being exclusive to Celebration Chicago.

Sorry I missed your question earlier.  I think that was some post-panel miscommunication.  Early reports I read had them listed as SDCC, but on this NYCC panel slide, it just says "Convention Exclusive" so it could be any mix of SDCC, Celebration or whatever.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #530 on: October 16, 2018, 03:15 PM »
While updated versions of the original 92 is great....I want SA versions of the Rogue One squad, Tobias Beckett, Val, Rio Durant and S:ASWS Chewbacca.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #531 on: October 16, 2018, 05:44 PM »
I'm sort of torn on wanting SA versions or at least duplicates of some newer figures. Like I caught up on Wave 2/3 of TVC the other night and YAY! but with the exception of Aphra, these are figures I have. Superior, for sure. Some of you were smarter than I am and don't buy all the 5 POA but I love those and they work in most cases. Figures like Rio, or L3 or the troopers, etc. I'd prefer just to see there instead of the inevitable overlap. Like Lando. But you can't have too many Landos.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 16, 2018, 07:58 PM »
I see your point Darby...but I pass on the 5 POA figures, with the exception of K-2S0.  But I'd gladly buy an SA version of him!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 16, 2018, 09:10 PM »
At what point did Hasbro identify them all as SDCC exclusives?  Because I could see one or more being exclusive to Celebration Chicago.

Sorry I missed your question earlier.  I think that was some post-panel miscommunication.  Early reports I read had them listed as SDCC, but on this NYCC panel slide, it just says "Convention Exclusive" so it could be any mix of SDCC, Celebration or whatever.

I kind of figured that might be the case.  I think it's a fair bet that the exclusives are going to be spread across a number of events.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 17, 2018, 06:27 AM »
The 6" Black Series version is labeled as Princess Leia (Slave Outfit) on the packaging.  But it does seem like sentiment about Leia in this outfit has shifted.  I even remember seeing a TV news piece about how one parent was so offended to see the 6" TBS Slave Leia in a toy section at either Target or WalMart, and it had been in the stores for close to 2 years.

Yes, it seems they foolishly did use that term. Don't expect me to remember things correctly then.  :P

As for offense, parents are offended by war toys.  And they should, because war is bad, mmmmkay?  :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 17, 2018, 09:38 AM »
I'd LOVE SA versions of Old Han and General Leia from TFA. Why we didn't get those versions in the WM Black Series line I'll never know.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #536 on: October 17, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Why we didn't get those versions in the WM Black Series line I'll never know.

At the time, Hasbro said they were trying to avoid overlap on those main characters with outfit options- Han/Leia basic outfits got 5POA and more 'collector specific" outfits like Starkiller Han and Dqar Leia got collector figures.  Only problem with that is the 5POA TFA General Leia never got released for some reason.  I still have no idea what happened to that one since it was pretty well confirmed as coming at one point by Hasbro.

I appreciate the effort to try to put out as many 3.75" TFA Han figures as they could, but it is really weird to have a SA Starkiller Han and just the 5POA for his main outfit.  I definitely think they heard the feedback on that, which is why we got 5POA/SA duplication for Master Luke and SOLO Han.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 17, 2018, 10:41 AM »
Hopefully, that's something that will be rectified in the new TVC line.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #538 on: October 29, 2018, 11:10 AM »
I see your point Darby...but I pass on the 5 POA figures, with the exception of K-2S0.  But I'd gladly buy an SA version of him!

I also don't buy the 5-POA figures, with the exception of Raddus. But I have a very painful K-2SO-sized hole in my collection. I noticed there are a couple different 5-POA versions of him available. Which do you recommend? I obviously need to source him online, so I can't really compare in person.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 29, 2018, 12:31 PM »
There's one that comes with the blaster he used towards the end of the movie.  I'd get that one if I could find it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.