Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 254071 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #570 on: March 16, 2019, 04:18 PM »
They're both excellent figures. But FYI, I'm pretty sure neither of them was on the barge.

Here's a totally nerdy spreadsheet I threw together that has everyone in the palace, on the barge, or on one of the skiffs. Some characters move from scene to scene, so you'll see checkmarks where they show up. I created this as sort of shopping list for myself, but feel free to download the modify as needed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IdCU-wuNRV5mhjn4WOc7swe2-CXka82Y3_bihEYWdz4/edit?usp=sharing

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 16, 2019, 05:03 PM »
A collector friend of mine was super cool and hooked me up with both Ephant Mon and Hermi Odle, whom I just got last week. (Barge on the way) They are amazing figures the likes of which I don't think we will see again from Hasbro. The sheer amount of plastic in these things is obscene!

+1

I've been doing some re-organizing of my carded collection and came across some Saga figures, circa 2002 - 2004.  One of those was Ephant Mon, and OMG does that figure weigh a lot!  I'm not sure if I got a Hermi Odle to keep carded also.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #572 on: April 4, 2019, 11:12 AM »
New rumors at Yakface.com

If Rey = London, then I'm guessing Cairo is probably Poe based on the leaked photos of his outfit for Ep9.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 4, 2019, 02:47 PM »

If Rey = London, then I'm guessing Cairo is probably Poe based on the leaked photos of his outfit for Ep9.

I would guess Berlin Leader is Hux then...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 4, 2019, 07:26 PM »

Cairo Ren?  :D

I'll see myself out...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 5, 2019, 10:55 AM »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 12, 2019, 04:21 PM »
Not even sort of right spot for this, but picked this up recently.

This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 16, 2019, 08:09 PM »
I was just looking at the calendar and realized that SDCC is right around the corner!  I know that we got a pretty good sense of what's coming in the TVC line for the next few months at both NYCC and Toy Fair, but there's definitely plenty that can be revealed between now and Triple Force Friday in October.

While I am excited for the possibility of TROS reveals, I suspect that's going to be a while in coming.  Reveals for the TFA and TLJ lines were pretty close to the actual releases.  I'm actually hoping to see some TVC figures that will offer up some characters from Rogue One, Solo, The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.  It may be a tall order, but I think it's doable.  Especially since TROS will dominate the line.  And that's not even taking into account The Mandalorian or Resistance!

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 3, 2019, 10:00 AM »
Holy sticker shock!

YAKFACE - RUMOR REPORT: UPCOMING VINTAGE COLLECTION VEHICLE(S) MSRP

"As a follow up to our previous reports, it looks like that the pricing for the rumored upcoming Luke’s X-wing and the E9 Medium Vintage vehicle are both set at $99.99 each. These are in fact two separate vehicles, each with their own product code and both are packed 2 per case."

I hate to sound like the crotchety old man, but wasn't there a time when a medum vehicle in TVC packaging went for under $30?
« Last Edit: August 3, 2019, 10:09 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 3, 2019, 10:07 AM »
Not even sort of right spot for this, but picked this up recently.

That's pretty cool.  It might actually be a bit better than the prototype Hasbro showed at SDCC back in 2009

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 3, 2019, 12:26 PM »
Holy sticker shock!

YAKFACE - RUMOR REPORT: UPCOMING VINTAGE COLLECTION VEHICLE(S) MSRP

"As a follow up to our previous reports, it looks like that the pricing for the rumored upcoming Luke’s X-wing and the E9 Medium Vintage vehicle are both set at $99.99 each. These are in fact two separate vehicles, each with their own product code and both are packed 2 per case."

I hate to sound like the crotchety old man, but wasn't there a time when a medum vehicle in TVC packaging went for under $30?

I can't even begin to wonder how a $99 Luke X-wing would be justified unless it was brand new perfect scale molding with electronics. I personally believe that the Vintage Biggs X-Wing/Trench Run mold is so close to perfect that an upgrade isn't all that necessary. Just re-release that mold as Red Leader, Red 2, Red 4, Red 6, Blue Leader and one more Blue fighter.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 8, 2019, 01:40 AM »
I can't even begin to wonder how a $99 Luke X-wing would be justified unless it was brand new perfect scale molding with electronics. I personally believe that the Vintage Biggs X-Wing/Trench Run mold is so close to perfect that an upgrade isn't all that necessary. Just re-release that mold as Red Leader, Red 2, Red 4, Red 6, Blue Leader and one more Blue fighter.

Agreed - I do not understand why they needed to take another stab at the X-Wing when the larger one they already released was good enough. I'm actually more surprised that Disney didn't pressure them into releasing a larger scale version of Poe's X-Wing.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 20, 2019, 11:01 AM »
Probably not the case, but it would be awesome if the troop lander turns out to be the TIE Reaper from Rogue One.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 26, 2019, 12:33 PM »
With no much known about what's on the horizon, I can't help but think that next year will have some focus on ESB, so I was speculating what figures could appear on vintage cards. While there seems to be some no-brainers because of previous releases, you never know.

Anyway, here the figures I think should be the prime candidates:

1) Lando                              An SA Version is way past due.
2) FX-7                                It's been perfect since POTJ.
3) Bespin Security Guard       The bearded/mustache version is way past due.
4) AT AT Driver                     It's already done. Slap it on a vintage card.
5) Rebel Soldier (Echo Base)  If any figure needs a re-release, it's this one.
6) Leia (Bespin Escape)         I think this is a much needed "new" figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 26, 2019, 02:06 PM »
That's a great list. I think the ones that we absolutely need would be Lando and Bespin escape Leia. They're both main characters in outfits that took a lot of screen time, and they both have very questionable figures right now. I'm not sure about your Lando, but mine has turned green, which isn't a good look. And POTJ Leia is irredeemable. They both need the photo real faces.

I could also see 2-1B from ROTS being put on a Vintage card, with an ESB-accurate claw hand. That would be a cheap turnaround for Hasbro, and that figure is already really good.

Bespin Han with the new photo real face would be killer.

Captain/Admiral Piett. We really need a resculpt of this guy...one of the biggest misses in the modern line, imo.

Some big-time wishlist items...

• Darth Vader with Meditation Chamber
• Snowspeeder with Zev Senesca
• Snowspeeder with Wedge Antilles
• Luke's Snowspeeder (reissue)
• Carbon Freeze Chamber (my Haslab item of choice)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:06 PM by LandotheScoundrel »