Author Topic: Lando Calrissian  (Read 17681 times)

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
Re: Lando Calrissian
« Reply #15 on: December 9, 2010, 01:29 PM »
Thank you kindly, sir! I always knew the Internet would make me famous someday, even if it took slogging around with you freaks for awhile.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 05:19 PM »
To me though, the cape has to be removable at this stage.  I want Lando dashing around with and without it.  I'd buy two to display differently even.

Everybody wants a removable cape Lando but nobody has any suggestions on how this could best be accomplished.  Is there a way to do it that wouldn't look too funky in either mode?  Like without having a peg or that ridiculous rope chain that the Vaders have?  Maybe a discreet piece of Velcro on the back of the collar or something?

(Pardon the bump--was just wondering about this for some reason.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:28 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 06:11 PM »
Everybody wants a removable cape Lando but nobody has any suggestions on how this could best be accomplished.  Is there a way to do it that wouldn't look too funky in either mode?  Like without having a peg or that ridiculous rope chain that the Vaders have?  Maybe a discrete piece of Velcro on the back of the collar or something?

(Pardon the bump--was just wondering about this for some reason.)

The figures in the Super Powers line actually had removable softgoods capes.  The collars of those capes were held in place by compression fitting them to the neck of the figure, and there was no loop around the neck.  Granted, that's something that worked in the 80's for a now defunct toy line.  But it did work on a number of figures.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 06:45 PM »
Compression--I don't get quite what this means.  (Wasn't into Super Powers at all.)  Is it kind of like a little wire embedded in the cape's collar or something?  That could work.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 09:21 PM »
That is exactly what that means, they were removable but had a wire in them to hold them around the neck.  

Problem is that his cape really isn't a "cape" more of a draping...I think they could make the cape collar removable instead of sculpted into the figure like the VOTC one was...so it sort of wraps around the neck peg and is tight enough not to fall off and allows the soft goods drape around the base figure

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:23 PM by Scott »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 01:09 AM »
I like Scott's idea...  Removable cape collar (plastic) acting as an anchor, of sorts, for the cape.  That'd be interesting.

Ultimately I'd be fine with a string holding it together though too.  *shrugs*  Just so long as it was removable.

Though General Lando's cape is looking a little goofy at the "tie" part.  Was a nice thick thread really not available for that?  Seriously?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 11:59 AM »
I had so many Lando's as a kid - my dog kept eating him and Vader.  It was like a weekly thing.  I like the cape idea discussed below, though I'm still partial to the POTJ one.  I think that looks better than the OTC one.