Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 17  (Read 6440 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics Wave 17
« on: December 22, 2010, 07:36 PM »
Wave 17 has been revealed.

http://www.dccollectoruniverse.com/2010/12/dc-universe-classics-wave-17-revealed-rainbow-lanterns/

The series looks good enough, but DC Direct either has recently released or will soon release every figure here with the exception of Anti-Monitor.  I have a feeling these aren't going to be flying off the shelves.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Classics Wave 17
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 08:52 PM »
Wave 17 has been revealed.

http://www.dccollectoruniverse.com/2010/12/dc-universe-classics-wave-17-revealed-rainbow-lanterns/

The series looks good enough, but DC Direct either has recently released or will soon release every figure here with the exception of Anti-Monitor.  I have a feeling these aren't going to be flying off the shelves.

Pretty sweet, although I can see why DC Direct collectors might be more "meh" about it.  Like many, I really enjoyed everything Blackest Night (and GL), so I think this wave is pretty cool.  I'm sure some might not be huge fans of the whole wave being GL-based (much like the Batman heavy waves), and would crave more variety, but overall the figures look pretty nice.  I've been getting more selective with DCUC purchases, but this (along with Wave 16) are two that I'll likely be getting the whole wave.  Now if we could get a DCUC Larfleeze, I'd be one happy camper.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 05:46 AM »
I would have preferred atrocitus and other lanterns but I am down with this wave.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 09:07 AM »
I wasn't too keen on the Rainbow Lantern wave when the rumors first started, but after seeing the pics, I might bite.  Scarecrow is a definite.  I think there's going to be a lot of people buying this wave just for Anti-Monitor.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 04:18 PM »
The figs are well done, but although I enjoyed Blackest Night I have no real interest in this wave.  The Indigo Atom is actually pretty cool, as his costume is reminiscent of an early 80's Gil Kane series that I remember.
But I REALLY want Anti-Monitor.  I can't justify the money just for him, so hopefully I can find a complete Anti-Monitor somewhere for a reasonable price.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Little dissapointed in them adding Star Saphire WW to this wave.  I just picked up the less articulated version for $20.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Found remnants of this wave for the first time today. Picked up Lex, WW, & atom.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 12:36 AM »
Found remnants of this wave for the first time today. Picked up Lex, WW, & atom.

I saw most of the wave at Target tonight too.  No Lex or WW, but they had the rest of the wave.  I might pick up a WW if I See her, but passing on the others.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 10:58 PM »
Pretty much finished this wave (still dont have Black Lantern Hal) and the Anti-Monitor is pretty awesome.