Author Topic: Hot Toys Indiana Jones License  (Read 5042 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hot Toys Indiana Jones License
« on: December 27, 2010, 08:30 PM »
Soooo...  Hot Toys has a 12" figure license now, and the first (Indy) 1/6 figure was revealed over the weekend (Friday).  He comes with a big base for the golden fertility idol, desert robes, staff of ra, 2 pistols (Webley and .45), etc., etc.

What's your thoughts on this line's development?  The price is going to be high I think...  It has to be.  Hot Toys is always an expensive brand, especially with their 1/6 stuff.

I will say though, I left this thread open-ended and not tied to a single scale...  Hot Toys develope more than just 1/6, though their smaller stuff is slow going.  I keep having this tiny glimmer of hope we get Snap Kits though.  Their Snap Kits are much more reasonable priced by the case, even imported, and they're OUTSTANDING!  Anyone who has ever bought one knows the greatness of them.  Their last licensed sets were their finest work, from the film Aliens.  They command a decent penny as well now.  I got a case and it's a decision I only regret because I didn't buy a 2nd case to go with it.

Indiana Jones Snap Kit figures?  I'd poop my pants with both glee and surprise.

Their Snap Kits weren't distributed to the U.S., you had to buy through someone willing to ship here, so they may actually be able to dance around the legal web for 3.75" figures that way, if they just simply don't distribute anywhere but Asia.  I'd pay the premium for that I think because I can only fathom the quality would be worth the price.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones License
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 09:25 PM »
I was excited when I first heard this news and so far, I like what I see.  Of course, I'll need to see more photos of detail on the outfit and such, but after being disappointed with the Sideshow versions, I'm hoping these are well done because I might be up for at least an RotLA Indy.

As for snap kits, I'm not sure if I'd be interested in them but I agree, those things are top notch.  I bought a couple Predators and an Alien and like you, Jesse, my only regret is not buying more.  I also didn't buy any of the Colonial Marines because they were even more difficult than the Predator and Alien figs when they came out.  I didn't track them down because I didn't find a price I liked and now, I would gladly pay what they were going for on original release.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 12:24 AM »
Yeah I ordered sets by the case...  I even got the rare brown alien in my 1st case, which is worth quite a bit I guess...  It's hard to imagine toys of that caliber being sold just at a check-out line at the store like candy.

The Aliens sets were insanely great.  It's easily my favorite, and the human characters are disgustingly accurate and detailed.  Sygourney Weaver's likeness is so-so, but all the others (Hicks, Apone, and the heavy gunner that was friends with Vasquez and whose name totally escapes me now), are great. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 08:59 AM »
For those of us who know nothing about the line, are these actually action figures or just statues? Are they articulated? If so, how many points? If not, how do you swap out the outfits? Are they hard plastic or more of a malleable texture?

I like the SS stuff in terms of realism but I want something poseable.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 09:43 AM »
For those of us who know nothing about the line, are these actually action figures or just statues? Are they articulated? If so, how many points? If not, how do you swap out the outfits? Are they hard plastic or more of a malleable texture?

I like the SS stuff in terms of realism but I want something poseable.

Have a looky in the Hot Toys 12 inch Figures in our Other Toy Lines section of the forum.  ;)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 11:25 AM »
DSJ's link has good info but to directly answer your question McM, the Hot Toys are articulated 1:6 scale figures similar to Sideshow's lines.  They're generally recognized as some of the best figures in the 1:6 world with their head sculpts being incredibly accurate.

But, they're more expensive than your standard Sideshow figure...more in line with the Medicom RAH line or even higher on some pieces.

Hot Toys actually worked with Sideshow to create the new body for Sideshow's armored SW figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 01:53 PM »
I am usually more impressed with the hot toys face sculpts. Not zoo much with indy.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"