Community > Hall of Justice

Mattel Green Lantern Movie Figures

<< < (2/11) > >>

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: Jeff on January  4, 2011, 03:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Brian on December 31, 2010, 09:00 PM ---Now an official first look at Mattel's Hal Jordan movie figure, with display base.
--- End quote ---

$25(!) for a 4" scale preview action figure?  Pass.  ::)

--- End quote ---

I'm not getting anything with that link, so maybe they embarassed themselves enough to take it down.

Jeff:
I guess the pre-order sold-out.  Apparently, it was limited to 2814 pieces and didn't last too long, even at the $25 price.

Morgbug:
OK, the limited run would explain a sell through then, Ebayers rejoice.

Brian:

--- Quote from: Jeff on January  4, 2011, 03:15 PM ---$25(!) for a 4" scale preview action figure?  Pass.  ::)

--- End quote ---

Same here.  It looks spiffy enough and all (probably to leave in package - and is sold out now anyways), but that is quite steep.  And we thought $13-15 for Hasbro SW exclusives was bad, yikes.  Also, if this is what the "new and improved" 4" scale DC stuff from Mattel is going to be like, it doesn't seem too impressive.  It seems to still be lacking a lot of articulation, but maybe this preview isn't indicative of what the line will be like (which I believe came up as $9.99 in Target computers, with Movie Masters at $15.99).

I know I'll likely get sucked into some of the movie stuff (I nearly always do with the comic book movies), but if so, I think I'll opt for the Movie Masters.  Unless we see a big improvement in the Infinite Heroes scale stuff (which would be nice, it is much more space-friendly), it just doesn't seem worth it.

Jeff:
Warner Bros. Pre-Toy Fair Press Release - some random toy pics included.

I can tell already that my boys will be clamoring for the Green Lantern Colossal Cannon™ Blaster.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version