Author Topic: Kenner "Special Action Figure Set" 3-Packs  (Read 75670 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Kenner "Special Action Figure Set" 3-Packs
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Same here...  I think my store had 6 Battledroids and not one other SW figure to be seen in the vintage collection.  No clearances of any SW product.  No MTT spot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2012, 09:08 PM »
Aside from the 3 packs being added, there wasn't anything else in the SW section that hasn't been there for months.  Actually, at our store, the aisle that SW is in stayed relatively the same.  No spot for the MTT yet, the pegs for CW/MH/Vintage are moved around (and maybe lessened overall, I'd have to check again).  Otherwise, I think most of the stuff stayed put other than Joes.  The next aisle over (which has Ben 10, etc.) has added in the new TMNT stuff, but I didn't see much else new (a lot of empty space for now).

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 1, 2012, 09:37 AM »
Saw a label for the 3packs but no figures. I guess they got cleaned out really fast. The other figures were not restocked.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 1, 2012, 10:54 AM »
Checked my Target on the way into work this morning and the Star Wars section was pretty much identical to how it has been for the last 7 months, with the only thing missing being the SW TFs.  There was one empty peg for the 3 packs, but nothing had been put out (or it had been put out and had already been cleaned out).  The figures on the pegs were the same old, same old from the last few months (tons of Movie Heroes covered in dust, 4 each of animated Anakin and Mace, also covered in dust, and vintage Dofine, NRG, Vos, and Quadinaros, also, again, covered in dust). 

Given that my Target only restocks when they do a reset, period, I'm not expecting anything new to show up in any assortment. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: August 1, 2012, 03:35 PM »
If the 3-packs aren't out, I'd bet dollars to donuts they were sold fromt he backroom at a clearance price...  I imagine there's quite a few of that happening too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #200 on: August 1, 2012, 04:36 PM »
I'm going to have to go hunting over the next few days. All I want is a Snaggletooth pack.

Speaking of Target exclusives, I scored the Luke Tauntaun from ebay for $11 shipped! I was pretty psyched, and pleasantly surprised there was no sandbagging...I was half expecting to find a POTF2 tauntaun jammed in the box.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 1, 2012, 07:03 PM »
Actually I've been looking for a POTF2 Han Solo/Taun Taun and a POTF2 Luke/Wampa. I never saw those in the stores.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 6, 2012, 02:23 PM »
It may be due to price...collector fatigue....or just the fact that a lot of people have given up going to retail to find stuff, but I was sort of surprised to see all of these still hanging from the pegs at our local store.  I picked up one of each about a week an a half ago, and the rest were still there last I saw.  I know there is technically only one new figure per pack, but it used to be that anything new (particularly anything OT new) flew away pretty quickly.  I wonder if it is a sign of interest in the line (or maybe just here locally), or maybe just the price/drought has kept people away.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #203 on: August 6, 2012, 04:37 PM »
I've been kind of holding off a bit, to see if they should up on target.com, but I might just have to bite the bullet and go looking.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 6, 2012, 05:21 PM »
It may be due to price...collector fatigue....or just the fact that a lot of people have given up going to retail to find stuff, but I was sort of surprised to see all of these still hanging from the pegs at our local store.

Where are you located?  I know in my area, you might find a lone Droid Set hanging on the pegs, but the Villian Set is nowhere to be seen, even at $24.99.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 6, 2012, 07:10 PM »
I've had mixed success - in some Targets they have them sitting on the pegs still (both sets) and in others, they have nothing on the pegs. I haven't seen older sets show up, but I wouldn't be surprised if I do see that as well at some point.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: August 6, 2012, 08:47 PM »
I've seen what Brian has...  Both sets, not really going anywhere fast.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #207 on: August 6, 2012, 08:59 PM »
I haven't seen older sets show up, but I wouldn't be surprised if I do see that as well at some point.

My local Target completed their reset and the 3-pack peg has 1x IG88-Bossk-Snowtrooper and 3x Dengar-Imperial-ATATDriver.  All of which ring up at the $24.99 price.   ::)
« Last Edit: August 6, 2012, 08:59 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #208 on: August 6, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Stash those in the back and roll them out for the reset?  Yeesh.

I can at least say I haven't witnessed this here yet...  I haven't been out much either though, so I'm sure it'll happen.

What I find sad is it'd be way too easy to swap this stuff if you wanted to.  Seriously, if you had a 3-pack lying around you got on clearance...  ugh.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2012, 11:08 AM »
I found these about a week ago at 2 different Targets.  I picked up the Villain set.  I like other one but already had 8 figures on order from Amazon.  That freaked out the wife enough alone.  I am sure leaving the droid set behind will come around to bite me later.  At any rate I love the new Snaggletooth.  I was going to keep him in the package and then decided he was funner out of the package.  That was probably a mistake to because I will end up rebuying it to keep packaged down the road.  I was just happy to see something new on the pegs at retail.