Author Topic: Kenner "Special Action Figure Set" 3-Packs  (Read 75672 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Kenner "Special Action Figure Set" 3-Packs
« Reply #165 on: July 9, 2012, 12:28 PM »
At 15.00 I would pick them up, at 25.00 it is much less likely. Ill try the DCPI trick and see what happens. Thanks for posting it.

Hate to quote myself, but took a shot today with the DCPI number. Got them for 15.00 each. The woman who helped was so unhappy to go in the back for me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: July 9, 2012, 02:07 PM »
That's good man...  They rang up $15?  With the 087-06-1172 number?  I guess prices are quite all over with these sets.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 9, 2012, 02:29 PM »
That's good man...  They rang up $15?  With the 087-06-1172 number?  I guess prices are quite all over with these sets.

Pick label on the case will have the new DPCI. Barcode on the item will be tied to the old DPCI
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2012, 01:16 AM »
They rang up at 15.00. The DCPI showed them at 25.00. I took a shot at the register and 15.00 it was.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2012, 08:42 AM »
I called around for these and although there were in the system in general, no one could determine if they were actually in the store.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2012, 01:21 PM »
Tried the DCPI trick last night but they weren't in the system. Still have two local stores to try out I guess
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2012, 01:51 PM »
they are at my store but they didn't have a shelf space.  I noticed that the dpci was for $24.99.  I was going to ask the guy for help but when I saw the price I thought nah I will wait.  Then I second guessed myself and went back and was going to see if he would pull them and I saw my arch-nemesis Target employee  who was a Supervisor that was probably going to intercept - so I am waiting

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2012, 10:55 AM »
Got them to pull the case for me last night but they rang up at $27!!!!  I dont think I will hold on to them at this price..................    :o

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2012, 12:38 PM »
Tried the DCPI trick last night but they weren't in the system. Still have two local stores to try out I guess

If you go to one store they should be able to check quanities at every other local store as well. This is what I did, only to find out there are none in my area anywhere.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2012, 06:50 PM »
I picked up both sets yesterday using the DPCI #, which worked like a charm.  The employee was nice and didn't hesitate to pull one of each from the stockroom.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Woo Hoo!  Not only did I find these, but they rang up for 5.99!  No lie.  I got both for 12.00 and change. Must have been a big mistake somewhere.  I had noticed a clearance sign in the rack, but assumed it was for older product.

And I don't feel guilty at all.  Hasbro and Target have done such a crap job this year that I don't feel any remorse.  In fact, I was so happy I gave a guy who was in the parking lot with his wife and kids holding an "I lost my job" sign 10.00.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2012, 07:55 PM »
You should go back and grab me a set and then ship them to me loose so I can return my two sets that I haven't opened yet that cost me $27 each!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2012, 10:16 PM »
You know, I went back thinking I could help someone out, and there were no more.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2012, 11:02 PM »
I managed to get them today for $14.99.

Oddly enough, they didn't charge me sales tax?

The total was $29.98.

All sorts of weird errors coming up with these things, it was really weird - unless there's some sort of tax holiday that applies to toys this week.   :P 

I think this marks the first figures I've bought at retail since the Episode I wave.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:03 PM by Rob »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2012, 12:25 PM »
Got them to pull the case for me last night but they rang up at $27!!!!  I dont think I will hold on to them at this price..................    :o

I went to a different Target today and had them pull the 3 packs for me there too (I am lucky lately I guess). When the guy looked up the DPCI to pull them from the back room it said they were $24.99 there.  When I scanned them on the machine after he brought them out it said "item not found".  And then when I went up to purchase them at the cashier it said $14.99    I walked away happy and returned the two I got at the other store on the way home.

I am much more satisfied with my cost per figure/purchase now.