Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Movie  (Read 33675 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Movie
« Reply #45 on: June 7, 2011, 11:13 AM »
Joseph Gordon Levitt and Sienna Miller have said outright they won't be back.

Yeah, I did read that at some point... I'm kind of let down by that.  They both did a pretty good job, I thought.  Especially JGL.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 12:13 AM »
Sounds like Flint and the Blind Master are in the sequel, played by DJ Cotrona and RZA respectively.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/gi-joe-rza-dj-cotrona-205939
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2011, 10:36 PM »
That gives Flint and Blind Master a little latin and urban flava, respectively.  Interesting...
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2011, 01:43 PM »
I'm more than happy to have Flint in the film.  I don't think I know this guy playing him, and haven't looked him up yet.

Edit -> I just looked up Cotrona.  He was in "Dear John" with Tatum but he was also in "Windfall" and "Skin" with Olivia Wilde before anyone knew who she was.

RZA should be interesting, I don't know if he's acted before other than maybe a cameo in something.  It's interesting that they went with the Blind Master but not the Soft Master.  Wonder if we'll get Billy also?  Or some variant of Billy anyway.

I'm also loving that The Rock is in the film.  I'm a big fan of his and no matter what character he's playing, I think it'll be cool.  Roadblock is a good character, but Gung Ho would have been good too.

I'm also happy with Jinx, but now that they've included Flint, of course I want to see Lady Jaye.

E...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:01 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 2, 2011, 01:17 AM »
Very happy we're getting Lady Jaye.  Not sure how happy I am about the choice of actress, but they could have done worse.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2011, 11:34 AM »
Sounds like Sienna Miller might be coming back for GI JOE 2 after all?  Would be nice in my opinion... she was pertty much the highlight of the first movie for me.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Since this film is slated to release sometime in the summer next year can we expect to see a new GI Joe toy line releasing alongside of the movie's release? and will that mean the 30th anniversary series will be short lived?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2011, 12:53 AM »
Yeah, Hasbro's already been talking about the 30th not being that long.  I don't think we've heard any more concrete info on the film toys but they'll have to have stuff out for Toy Fair if not leaked before that.

I just hope they don't go overboard on this one like they did last time.  The good news, though, is that it sounds like Jon Chu is staying a little more classic in his character designs.  The snaps that the Rock has posted of him as Roadblock already look more "normal" than what we saw before.

E...

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2011, 02:53 PM »
Well I just hope hasbro decides to go easy on the ridiculously over-the-top launchers that come with the figures this time around for the movie toys. And it would be nice if they continue the same level of craftsmanship on the detail and articulation like they have with POC line.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2011, 08:10 PM »
Check our Q&A for an answer sort of to that point...  Sounds like, while POC set a bar, that it's not a lock that GIJ2 figures will be of the same high quality.  It'll be a balance, and in a movie year I expect goofy action featured weapons and less cool stuff.  Just like Star Wars.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 2, 2011, 03:13 PM »

8)

Sorry for the super big hot linked image, but I'm stoked there's actually something in this movie that looks like it should - RB aside kinda.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2011, 08:46 PM »
First trailer is online.  I know it is just a trailer and everything, but it looks pretty sweet so far.  I really like the improved looks of Snake Eyes (who wasn't bad in the first movie aside from the "mouth"), and definitely Cobra Commander.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:47 PM by Brian »

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2011, 09:37 PM »
New official trailer is up.. I think it looks pretty sweet.
"Really?  Sorry."