Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6  (Read 94178 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Wave 6
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 10:47 AM »
awesome!  I cant see them cuz the image is blocked here at work but now I have another reason I can't wait to get home from work!   :P

Ditto
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 11:06 AM »

Other figure pics

Wave 6

Luke Skywalker
Clone Trooper
AT-RT Driver
General Lando
Weequay Skiff Master
Fi Ek Sirch

Awesome. I'll get Lando again, plus a few of the Jedi, and a few of the Weequay.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 11:19 AM »
Not a bad lineup, at least from what we can see.  I'm pretty psyched for General Lando and definitely the Weequay, and the rest of the lineup looks good too.  I like Fi-Ek Sirch and am fairly excited about the Luke figure too, unless the arms are too wonky.  The clones may be improvements as well, although I just have a tough time getting too psyched for clonetrooper any more.  They all look nice though.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 12:16 PM »
These look great!!

And I really like the mixed wave.  It's much more interesting to me.  And, honestly, if that was an all AOTC line, I might skip the clones.  But mixed up like that, I want them. Don't know why.

I assume the AT-RT pilot is very articulated, because we never got one that was SA.  Am I correct?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 12:22 PM »
awesome!  I cant see them cuz the image is blocked here at work but now I have another reason I can't wait to get home from work!   :P

Ditto
Here you go boyos

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 01:29 PM »
Thank goodness we have more Clones coming our way!   ::)  Outside of those two, the wave looks terrific!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2011, 02:23 PM »
These look great!!

And I really like the mixed wave.  It's much more interesting to me.  And, honestly, if that was an all AOTC line, I might skip the clones.  But mixed up like that, I want them. Don't know why.

I assume the AT-RT pilot is very articulated, because we never got one that was SA.  Am I correct?

The 2005 carded one was SA, other than having just a swivel waist instead of a ball joint.

However, it was very difficult to get that figure to move its hips into a sitting position, meaning as a driver it sucked. It was possible to get them to sit, but the figure's hips would be loose/ruined...at least in my experience. 

Also, the 2005 figure's right hand was nearly worthless; it was made very wide, possibly to hold  a big spring action weapon. But the result was too wide to hold much of anything.

So it's a deserved upgrade, if coming years too late.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2011, 02:50 PM »
I am really digging this wave, even the clones! I am so happy to get a new Lando & Nikto!
Hasbro can we just skip wave 5 and go straight to this wave?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2011, 03:55 PM »
Really like what I am seeing here too.  Probably pass on the plain clone - maybe the Luke - but the rest look really good.  The AT-RT Driver's helmet looks big - but in a good way.  Same for the plain clone I guess.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 06:00 PM »
It's an interesting wave.  There are a couple of completely new figures in there including a new take on a core character, some army builders and a couple of much needed updates.  I'm on the fence about the AOTC Clone, but the AT-RT Driver is welcome in my book.  The Weequay is the star of the wave (for me at least).  But I'm almost as excited to get Fi-Ek Sirch as an SA Jedi at long last.  The AOTC era figure was so preposed it was almost useless, so this figure will be like a breath of fresh air.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2011, 06:30 PM »
I will only buy the Ot characters from this wave. Hope in the near future Hasbro give us a new classic stormie, using the new sculpt they asigned to those PT clones.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 07:20 PM »

Ditto
Here you go boyos

I have the proverbial "toy erection".

That Landy's a dandy.  And I'm glad the Nikto Jedi's getting an upgrade.  Hell, I'll even get the AOTC Clone because I think it looks sharp and I like the articulation upgrade enough to buy one or two I think.  The AT-RT Driver is another one I'll pick up one or two of.  I'm happy with the ROTS figure army I have though.

Great looking figures.  Also notice how much better the Skiff Master's sleeves/shoulders look from the original prototype images.  Not shabby.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Well General Lando and Skiffmaster Weequay are the two I want the most. 

The AT-RT Driver turned out really nice.  I will probably get him.   

I like how Fi turned out.  My son loves the Arena Battle.  I may buy it for him to open if he wants it. 

Eh, another generic clonetrooper, but I will probably buy it and the inevitable yellow, red, blue, and green versions.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2011, 07:39 PM »
I'll probably pass on color variations...  Well, maybe "probably" is a little early to claim, but I might...  The color designations for rank went out the war's window almost immediately so I now look at them as really only important to pretty much Geonosis and maybe the first few months.

THey seemed to jump (ala Clone Wars) almost immediately to unique armor deco designations for entire legions, right away.

But I'll definitely get the plain ones.  They seemed to hang on for quite some time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2011, 07:40 PM »
I guess I can tolerate prequel figs on vinty cards, but that Kenner stamp has to go and doesn't really make much sense on PT figs...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN