Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6  (Read 94212 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6
« Reply #180 on: March 8, 2011, 08:26 PM »
Cool beans Jesse...I had not noticed Luke's arms before but that sticks out like a sore thumb in your picture

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: March 8, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Yeah I'm not going to bang my head off a wall over it or anything, but it is more noticeable than I imagined.

GI Joe guys will think along the lines of Flint/Duke figures that had the hand part of the arm that should've been shorter or whatnot.  It would've been cooler had Hasbro i think tried to redo the arms from the elbow down I guess.  I'll live though, personally.  He's just a notch lower in my opinion, as the wave goes.  If he's the worst though that says some good stuff about the wave I think.  The headsculpt's cool though.  I dig the helmet hair a lot.  This on an X-Wing Luke body would look neat I think, for when he gets out of the ship on Yavin IV. :)

BTW I do apologize for the pics.  That's just a Sony Cybershot which doesn't take close-ups well obviously.   :-\  My gf's Sony camera is much better for figure photography than mine is.  Mine was just mostly for fun and getting camera shots of models at the Where Science exhibit was near me.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2011, 08:30 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: March 8, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Here's a couple cool things I forgot...

The new Clone rifles were painted with silver details here and there, which was pretty cool I thought.  The sculpt on the new little blaster may or may not make people happy.  It's more like the original small clone blaster, but it's got a lot more detail and realism to it.  The fold-out stock is not a separated piece like the evolutions one was, so some will dislike that aspect of it.  The same with the ring on the front of the barrel.

Also, and this is the freakiest thing...  The shoulder joints?   You can't see the pins at the top.  They're pretty much completely hidden under the armor.  The armpit is sculpted so it's concave almost 360 degrees around the arm joint, so the shoulder pad can sort of recess into the armpit so the range of articulation isn't impacted.  The pin is almost completely invisible now though on the shoulder joints.

It's interesting and a little hard to explain.  Suffice it to say, it's a vast improvement on aesthetics...  No figure seems to have anything like it unless they have armor on.  Luke's ribbing on his jacket sleeves come up a great deal though, and almost cover the pin as well.  The shoulder armor of the Senate Guard is similar, but not quite the same.

It'd be interesting to see on a Stormtrooper, or other characters I think.  It seems like getting someone with a cloth shoulder to have this hidden pin sculpt is not going to be quite as easy or likely.  It'd be a clever way to do an Endor Rebel in the vest though I think.

Oh, and I'd completely buy a repaint of the Nikto guy like the Saga figure got.  It's really a nice sculpt for a Jedi who got almost no screen time at all and hasn't really been mentioned anywhere in other sources.  He makes a cool figure though for certain.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2011, 09:38 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 9, 2011, 09:03 AM »
This Wave has been spotted in stores now too, according to JTA. (Walmart - NJ I believe)

I saw no signs at the 5 Walmarts I hit up yesterday, but hopefully soon...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #184 on: March 9, 2011, 12:17 PM »
Cool, I got my shipment notice from BBTS this morning. Time to begin the EP2 Clone Phase out...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 9, 2011, 04:16 PM »
I got my shipment yesterday from EE.com, a day quicker than BBTS...and a site sponser!!!! ;)

I really like the OT figures in this case.  I know we have Stortrooper Haters because of various issues, but they are good enough for me and better than most previous versions for sure.  Honestly if I could find the volume, I would jettison the VOTC army of 50+.

The Weequay is Jabba Alien so I got him just for the skiffs.   A nice figure....

Luke Dagobah has freakishly long arms, but I have a fix for that so wait for pics.  The head sculpt will probably be the default Headsculpt for all my ESB Lukes.  Really nicely done, kinda looks like the character/actor.

General Lando is awesome.  I really wanted the previous versions of Lando General to be this good.   I can see doing some different hands and headsculpts and getting Generic Rebels for sure.  Can a new General Madine be far behind?

This was the first time I saw Prequel stuff on Vintage Cards.  It was jarring and I was slightly appalled, I was so upset actually that I tore the Senate guard off the card just to show it that it did not belong there.  Glad I did, that figure doesn't suck.

Winning.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 9, 2011, 04:34 PM »
just saw on HTS that my order of 1 of each of these is now "Fully Shipped"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #187 on: March 9, 2011, 05:29 PM »
I got my shipment yesterday from EE.com, a day quicker than BBTS...and a site sponser!!!! ;)

Cool, but I paid $16 less for shipping for two cases. That's worth waiting a day. (Can you tell I am pro BBTS?) Thanks for the reviews I cannot wait to get these in hand! I love the pace of the releases with no drought. Keep them coming!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: March 9, 2011, 09:40 PM »
I got the exact same shipping quote for two cases from EE that I did from BBTS actually, I just paid all of my shipping at once and my next case will just cost me $109.99 instead of all the shipping fees.  The shipping at BBTS was just applied to the two cases separately.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 9, 2011, 10:22 PM »
I really like the look of the Nikto Jedi, who would have thought that it's the same guy that we got in 2002's Saga in really lame statue form?

I took a look at JTA's pictures of Luke, and wow... his arms really are long! It looks like he has gorilla arms! I thought his outfit is too neon/bright orange, but maybe that's just the color in the film. Of course, if it had been dirtied up a smidgen, it wouldn't stand out so much. It's a nice figure, though.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: March 9, 2011, 11:47 PM »
I'd say it's pretty orange, but it's very clean.  Luke's costume in ESB is filthy, especially the coat, and especially on Dagobah...  But even on Hoth, the coat has filth and grime on it for whatever reason.  All the pilots could've used a darker shade of orange wash put over the figures overall then whiped off to show the details.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #191 on: March 9, 2011, 11:53 PM »
Wow.  These are shipping?  I haven't even seen wave 4, and only three of wave 5 one time only.  I'm sure I'll see them, but I'm a little shocked to see people 10-15 figures "ahead" of me.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2011, 12:07 AM »
Yeah I got a note from a buddy of mine in Maryland tonight that he found them as well, but only a few of the wave.  That's a ton of figures in a short time, so yeah...  All the more reason to Order a Case.  Wave 6 will be back in eventually at EE, I feel sure.

Wave 4 is already in-stock.

Wave 5 is too.

Screw hunting for any of it.

Also of note is the newest Clone Wars wave, however I've never had bad luck finding a CW figure except for the tactical droid, and I ultimately didn't care enough about him to look any harder.  :-\

I saw the new Speeder mid-size vehicle tonight at WM too, so that's out there as well of course.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:07 AM by Jesse James »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2011, 09:20 AM »
I scored the Weequay dude and Fi-Ek Sirch last night at TRU, so they are officially hitting here in VA now as well.

I saw General Lando and Gorilla-Luke too, but those were easy passes. I did not see the AT-RT guy.

New toyz in the hizzy!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2011, 10:41 AM »
I'm loving the new Dagobah Landing Luke despite the lack of weathering. I didn't realize how dramatic a color difference there was between it and the Snowspeeder version. I glad they went that route though as it lends itself well to making a more accurate Snowspeeder flightsuit with the mis-match color of the pants and jacket.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:47 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird